Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks at the Deadline

Which player on the trade blocks should the Canucks go after

• Total voters

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
the islanders aparently have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. i wonder if they will move any of them. ottawa picks of comrie, isles get dean mccammond. isles dump 4mil from salary, look for wong the owner to make another 35 year contract with someone.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well this Morning there are some interesting things going on.
Avery has been claimed by the Rangers surprise surprise...

On waivers around the league, and available at 50% of the sticker on their contracts:

Brendan Morrison @ 2.75, UFA July 1
Miro Satan @ 3.5, UFA July 1
Gary Roberts @ 1.25, UFA or retire July 1
Martin Gerber @ 3.75, UFA July 1
brendan bell @ 500k
Aaron Voros @ 1m, two years remaining on deal
Eric Perrin @ 750k

the Nucks lost Nycholat to the Flamers...big deal.

The Nucks need a forward in the top 6, a plugger for depth and maybe a dman, but none that will appear on this list...

Satan looks like someone that could play top 6 minutes if it means he needs to play well to earn another contract in the NHL, How good would Morrison look as the nucks new 3rd line checking C between Pyatt and Bernier?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mo would be an interesting addition. Definitely an upgrade over Wellwood at this point.

I think it depends on whether Gillis has something else cooking right now.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Satan is not a good pick up. 16 goals playing on a line with crosby. Aaron voros is a bum. a buddy of mine playing hockey with him and said he is lazy and not right in the head. i took him in my hockey pool, and he has like 15 points. if they are going to spend 3.5 mil, **** i hope it's on someone better than satan.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's just it WB, Satan will cost the nucks HALF of 3.5 prorated for the remaining games and he is a UFA at seasons end.

About Voros, your buddy is a goof, I know him personally and has been tarred and feathered by rennie and pearn this year after he came out of the blocks strong. He has been the whipping boy this year for their coaching staff and was promised a lot more by Sather than was delivered by pearn and rennie this year. Avery is no upgrade on him or Bell or Prucha or Korpikovsky in NY this year. Slats will lose his job over this...mark my words.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mo would be an interesting addition. Definitely an upgrade over Wellwood at this point.

I think it depends on whether Gillis has something else cooking right now.

I agree, I think Mo would be a good fit and he is a UFA on July 1st. The only thing I would be wary of is the injury and if he is fully healed. Maybe he is still not 100% and thats why he is on waivers??

I really think the 3rd line center needs to be upgraded before anything else.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is on waivers because the Ducks have 3 big ticket D men currently with potentially disastrous implications to the Cap.

They will need to move either pronger or niedermayer with whitney now.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a chance Burrows might get traded ?:confused:

I have a cousin that lives out in Philly. I was talking to him earlier today, the rumor thats buzzing there is that a trade may be in the works with the Canucks. Burrows , O'Brien & Raymond for Scottie Upshall , James vanRiemsdyk and another roster player.
I personally cant see this happening. I think we need Burrows in the playoffs but he is a pending UFA so if we wont be able to sign him in the summer, this trade I guess can happen.

Also Philly is making a huge push for Jay Bouwmeester. The package offered to Florida is Joffery Lupul , Ryan Parent , Claude Girox & 1st Rounder.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is on waivers because the Ducks have 3 big ticket D men currently with potentially disastrous implications to the Cap.

They will need to move either pronger or niedermayer with whitney now.

You are right about the cap...whole new era where salary dumps will become the norm.

it might also be the 22 pts in 61 games:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "New Nhl" with the cap is going to change things drastically now the "Meltdown" is in full force.

team with bad contracts (lecavalier for one) may end up down the line having to make packages super appealing to teams to take contracts, like dumping them along with a 1st rounder for spare parts just to make salary implications.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have a cousin that lives out in Philly. I was talking to him earlier today, the rumor thats buzzing there is that a trade may be in the works with the Canucks. Burrows , O'Brien & Raymond for Scottie Upshall , James vanRiemsdyk and another roster player.
I personally cant see this happening. I think we need Burrows in the playoffs but he is a pending UFA so if we wont be able to sign him in the summer, this trade I guess can happen.

Also Philly is making a huge push for Jay Bouwmeester. The package offered to Florida is Joffery Lupul , Ryan Parent , Claude Girox & 1st Rounder.

I hope not, we have a player that can play with the twins, kill penalties and is basically our co-MVP (with Kesler). I don't care if he does walk (well I do) but you do not trade someone that integral to the team.

The trade I can't believe, as why Burke would not even entertain it is Boston looking for Kaberle, and were offering a 1st, 3rd and a prospect. I can't remember the prospect's name but Don Cherry was raving about how good he's going to be. Burke basically said that if anyone is thinking he's trading Kaberle, they need to take a urine test.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why not!? Then sign Burrows July 1st ;)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope not, we have a player that can play with the twins, kill penalties and is basically our co-MVP (with Kesler). I don't care if he does walk (well I do) but you do not trade someone that integral to the team.

The trade I can't believe, as why Burke would not even entertain it is Boston looking for Kaberle, and were offering a 1st, 3rd and a prospect. I can't remember the prospect's name but Don Cherry was raving about how good he's going to be. Burke basically said that if anyone is thinking he's trading Kaberle, they need to take a urine test.

the prospect was Joe colbourne, i believe he is with the University of denver... he's a 6'5" 200lbs centerman... should be on the Junior team next year

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the prospect was Joe colbourne, i believe he is with the University of denver... he's a 6'5" 200lbs centerman... should be on the Junior team next year

You are correct, I just couldn't remember.

Here's my trade: Ohlund and Raymond for Bouwmeester. Would Florida go for it? Maybe not, but I have a feeling they're not going to get a high a price as they would like so it might be appealing to them. I'd like it just for the puck-moving D-man.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ever since I started hearing this rumor the other day I've just been shaking my head and laughing. One of the dumbest moves the Canucks could possibly make right now.

Burke basically said that if anyone is thinking he's trading Kaberle, they need to take a urine test.

Burke also said there's no way he's ever going to end up in Toronto, and had never even entertained the idea. He puts on a good show.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0