Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks at the Deadline

Which player on the trade blocks should the Canucks go after

• Total voters

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is no secert that the Canucks are going to have to make a move to compete with the Wings, Flames and Sharks.

So I am in belief that they need a puck moving defenceman.

There is alot of talent out there to be had.

Who will the Canucks go after or will they do what they always do at the deadline?

Wow way off on the Antropov spelling :(

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anahiem keeps going the way they are, they could look to move both pronger and scotty n. personaly, i would prefer scotty n. good b.c. boy. and probably one of the best defencemen of this generation. bouwmeester would be nice, since he is younger and you can build around him, but the price maybe to high. Another rumour they are kicking around on the radio is alexia kovelev for bernier, 2nd rounder, and a prospesct.
either way, this will be an interesting time for the caunucks. hopefully we come out on top with something tangible. i would hate to see them waste a young good prospect for a rental. see leafs to check how that doesn't work.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't care who they trade for, just an improvement would be nice. at least then the nucklehead callers on these radio shows who have very little to complain about. but i'm sure they would find something, maybe the lights at gm place are to bright.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All of the prospects are interesting, and I heard about Jagr too.

The feel is different w/ Gillis...in the past you didn't expect much, but Gillis is a dealer.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jagr's name was also thrown out with the Oiler's camp.....rumours had them chasing him too......nonetheless, stay tuned!

Hard Ballz

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont be surprised if we sign Jagr

The Canucks won't or can't get Jagr, whoever signs him has to put him on waivers before he can be offically on that team, so I'm pretty sure if the Canucks signed him a team that was below them in the standings would claim him off of waivers..........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seem to remember that law. It is risky, but what if they signed him first, and did this all after the deadline? At least then the team signing him can position his contract in such a way that makes it unattractive to get him.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks won't or can't get Jagr, whoever signs him has to put him on waivers before he can be offically on that team, so I'm pretty sure if the Canucks signed him a team that was below them in the standings would claim him off of waivers..........

I thought Jagr was a free agent, since Jagr's playing in Europe? why would he have to go through waivers? My understanding is if they pay the Russian club a fee they could sign him or just out right sign him.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Bouwmeester over anyone else. I don't have the numbers but they should be in a position to pay him. They could potentially forego signing the blind swede after the season and put the money to Bouwmeester (although I don't mind Ohlund), it is an upgrade. The big issue would be what needs to go that other way. First rounder, second rounder and a viable player? Who's to say.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As it is today, the Nucks probably need another top 6 forward before another big bucks D Man in this guys humble opinion.

I would prefer to see what is out there top 6 FW, and not Cole, antropov or Higgins.

I hear AK27 is available ;) That is high risk/high reward signing though...

Probably could be had on the cheap at the moment form the Habs now...Gainey left him home for this roadie! :eek:!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you wannabe GM's offer this or think it would be accepted?
Mason Raymond & Second Rounder this or next year for Kovalev? Is that too little to offer?
Would just getting the cap space available for the Habs be enough to do it?
Perhaps throwing in someone else could do the trick?

His number is 4.5 for the year, but obviosuly reduced for what is left on the 08.09 season but he is a UFA at years end. Nucks can afford him.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks would do good going the old addition by subtraction route.

Get rid of Biecksa now (don't care how the hell you spell it, he sucks the big one either way!)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As it is today, the Nucks probably need another top 6 forward before another big bucks D Man in this guys humble opinion.

I would prefer to see what is out there top 6 FW, and not Cole, antropov or Higgins.

I hear AK27 is available ;) That is high risk/high reward signing though...

Probably could be had on the cheap at the moment form the Habs now...Gainey left him home for this roadie! :eek:!

Kovlev's playoff production is one of the best in the league....Montreal mostly likely will keep and if they do ship him it will be costly

Ryan Smyth is on the trading block as well;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan Smith has an albatross of a contract... 6 mill+ for a guy that will struggle to pot 25 this year! and his contract goes till 11/12!? :eek:

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Jagr was a free agent, since Jagr's playing in Europe? why would he have to go through waivers? My understanding is if they pay the Russian club a fee they could sign him or just out right sign him.

No, thats not the case, I can't tell you the exact rule but a player who is signed in europe and coming to the NHL when the season has already started is subject to clearing waivers. That is why every hockey insider laughed off the oilers getting Jagr...

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a hard time seeing Jagr in any Canadian city. The public exposure/scrutiny would be to much for him. He's used to playing in non hockey markets. I see him in TB or some other hockey wasteland

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
:rolleyes:
I have a hard time seeing Jagr in any Canadian city. The public exposure/scrutiny would be to much for him. He's used to playing in non hockey markets. I see him in TB or some other hockey wasteland

Yeah the Rangers are a none hockey market:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0