Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks at the Deadline

Which player on the trade blocks should the Canucks go after

• Total voters

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows has 13 goals, will finish near or at 20 goals for the year.

Ryan Smyth is earning over 6mill to score 19 to date and finish at or near 25-30.

Im pretty sure that Smyth isnt a Burrows comparable....hes an albatross...great trade by the Oil ( in perfect 20-20 hindsite)

Pyatt is also making 1.5 mill with 14 points this year...also a UFA at the end of the year I think

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows will probably end up at 2.0-2.5 per on a 3 year deal...that makes the most sense for him and the team.

Other comparisons either points wise or salary wise proving this out both off and on the Nucks roster.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The State may, but the City of New York is 8.2 Million I believe.

This says 8.3+, and it comes from their city planning site... I think this can be taken as accurate :rolleyes:
Population - New York City Department of City Planning

No wonder the Yankees have so much money. Everytime someone buys something with a Yankees logo on it they cash in. anyway back on topic. Jagr is crazy for going to Europe to play. He would look good in a Canucks uni and has proven himself in the playoffs. as for a trade I have my doubts on Kovalev, He's good but doesn't always show up. thats been his biggest knock his whole career. get Jay Bo from Florida (last name is way to long for me to spell it correct:eek:) I always trade for him in EA's NHL hockey games:p

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see Florida giving up Bouwmeester based on the fact they're in the playoffs right now, 5th place in the East I think. Why would they give him up unless they were getting someone proven in return? Whoever said John Michael-Liles is smart. Colorado sucks, but it might be hard to pry away from a division rival. Would love to see Jagr in a Nuck's uni, they'd have to sign him to the maximum cap room so that no team could afford to claim him when he comes through waivers.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
jagr is a bad idea. another ageing former scorer. so far we are batting 500 with this premise. one just starting to work out, the other, an epic fail. i'm not convinced jagr could work well in the west conf. forget gabby coming to van, no way in hell minny is going to give him up to a division rival. i like the idea of j-m lyles. he's not a superstar or at the calibre of jay-bo, but steady, fast, and he can move the puck well. i also believe he would be cheaper to get, but i don't have the numbers. 10 minutes to game time. is it on ppv tonight?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
jagr is a bad idea. another ageing former scorer. so far we are batting 500 with this premise. one just starting to work out, the other, an epic fail. i'm not convinced jagr could work well in the west conf. forget gabby coming to van, no way in hell minny is going to give him up to a division rival. i like the idea of j-m lyles. he's not a superstar or at the calibre of jay-bo, but steady, fast, and he can move the puck well. i also believe he would be cheaper to get, but i don't have the numbers. 10 minutes to game time. is it on ppv tonight?

He is cheaper the J-Bo, but Colorado are trying to dump Smyth right now, so I'm not sure if they'd be willing to part with him. Games on Sportsnet I believe.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im throwing this out there, I think they will acquire a top 6 forward from the east, im thinking St. Louis or Heatley or maybe even Horton.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Latest Rumor has it the canucks might go after kovalchuk and 2nd round pick in next years draft, giving up ohlund, raymond and 1st round pick in next years draft

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i lay odd's that it would take a lot more than that to get kovalchuk out of atlanta. could he servive in the west? 3-0 canucks after 1. bryan murrey on with larshied. can't understand him one bit.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, the Nucks can't deal ANY top 6 D if they are not getting something back to replace them.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately, the Nucks can't deal ANY top 6 D if they are not getting something back to replace them.

Agree, getting a Jon Michael-Liles for Raymond would be a good deal. Could fit in well with the Avalance system, since he's a prospect we probably wouldn't have to add too much to sweeten the deal. Then we could move another D for some top 6 help.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bouwmeester has stated that he wants to go home to Edmonton (eventually).

Kovalev would be a waste of money. Lots of talent but no desire.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've got a crapload of utility players and have some average prospects that are cheap and could be moved to a team that is rebuiding and/or wants to drop some salary. These guys also need to be moved to make room for Hodson and perhaps even Grabner next year.

I can't see them going for any top 6 forwards since they seem content with the top two lines they have and they aren't going to mess with their current chemistry. Getting another scorer for the third line is pointless.

Look for the addition of some depth on defence considering the fragility of Ohlund and Salo. Moreover...neither will likely be here next year.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've got a crapload of utility players and have some average prospects that are cheap and could be moved to a team that is rebuiding and/or wants to drop some salary. These guys also need to be moved to make room for Hodson and perhaps even Grabner next year.

I can't see them going for any top 6 forwards since they seem content with the top two lines they have and they aren't going to mess with their current chemistry. Getting another scorer for the third line is pointless.

Look for the addition of some depth on defence considering the fragility of Ohlund and Salo. Moreover...neither will likely be here next year.

smart man....expect nothing big from the Nucks, especially considering their current winning ways. Gillis will be afraid to mess with the team too much.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know...if you can add an impact D-Man, you need to. Especially, as pointed out, the fact that Salo and Ohlund are made of glass.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I know is I just skinned my ass from trying to jump back on the band wagon again. Big fcukin raspberry!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the three guys I'm not to impressed with are Pyatt, Bernier and Raymond. all three are brutal. as for the back line all seven are pretty good. not great but good. adding a puck moving D-man would be good. I think they should call up Grabner and have him play on the third line with Wellwood and Bernier.

PaulioGaldinio

Jan 22, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get rid of Raymond - way too weak. We need more physical play in the 3rd and 4th lines.

Keith Tkachuk a decent rental player for a playoff run? Would only need about $905k in salary cap room.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keith Tkachuk is not a good playoff player. he's brutal in fact. played on so many lossing teams in the playoffs. Neil Thompson on the Team 1040 said he's not a very good leader at all. and not the best teammate. not a good idea. maybe in 1997. but he's waaaaaaay past his prime.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0