Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks at the Deadline

Which player on the trade blocks should the Canucks go after

• Total voters

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It may not be #1 franchise in NY... but they are amongst the wealthiest franchises in the NHL with high amateur participation in the state on NY you Hammerhead tonnes of US Born NHL'ers are from the state on NY :rolleyes:

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with the general statements about a top 6 forward. but whats the cost. i'm afraid to say it, but useing our defence to get a forwad might be the best option. it's the only place were we can stand to lose a player and not be hurt to much.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, sure the Rangers are a good NHL franchise. That said, I doubt however ,that many people in NY would recognize the top players if they ran into them on the street, as may happen in many Canadian cities. I dont see Jagr liking that level of attention

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will they trade Ohlund,Burrows, the Sedins if they can't get any of them signed? or will they just let them walk for nothing in the summer. 6.5 per for each Sedin is way to much per year for four to five years. I say trade them to Florida and get Jay Bo and a forwad.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the forwards are okay! They've been putting up decent numbers. I have less confidence in the "D". Bieksa's confidence is as fragiles as a thirteen year old girl, Edler has played like a bantam since his new contract, Salo has Osteoarthritis, Ohlund is on his last year and can't see out of both eyes, O'Brien (until recently) can't stay out of the box and tends to pull Momesso's on occassion. I think they need to shore the back up first. IMO. I'd throw Raymond into a package w/o hesitation.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, sure the Rangers are a good NHL franchise. That said, I doubt however ,that many people in NY would recognize the top players if they ran into them on the street, as may happen in many Canadian cities. I dont see Jagr liking that level of attention

Unlese your Derek Jeter I doubt they would recognize any pro athlete in the Big Apple;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree, as I know a NYR Personally.

He and many of his teammates are stopped while frequenting Nightclubs, Restaurants, Shops etc...

NYC has a population of over 8 million people...if only 20% watched hockey you would have 1.6 Million people that could identify Rangers in public. The Entire Lower Mainland comes in at like 2.5 Million People.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree, as I know a NYR Personally.

He and many of his teammates are stopped while frequenting Nightclubs, Restaurants, Shops etc...

NYC has a population of over 8 million people...if only 20% watched hockey you would have 1.6 Million people that could identify Rangers in public. The Entire Lower Mainland comes in at like 2.5 Million People.

I thought New York had 30 mil plus in population:confused:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we can agree the draw would be the metro area, not just NYC proper. I am surprised that players are recognized on the street though.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Many Many suburban folks come in for Rangers games...

The Rangers are huge in comparison the Isles and Devils (all within an hour drive of each other)

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The devils aren't popular mainly because of the location of there stadium. would you watch canucks games if you had to drive from north shore to chilliwack ?, with more poeple. just to watch a team that lines up all 6 players on the goal line and waits for the shoot out. any thoughts on burrows apparently wanting 2-3 year deal for 2mil per.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd pay him two per year. He's a pretty versatile guy, not often injured (insert Larscheid), seems well liked by the crew.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there anyone with his heart in the league. i don't think i've seen a bad game by him. 2m might be steep for a guy who scores 15 goals a year. but his work ethic is second to none. he is basically a lesser skilled kesler. kesler has more scoring punch. but both are even everywere else. kesler makes 1.75 i think.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there anyone with his heart in the league. i don't think i've seen a bad game by him. 2m might be steep for a guy who scores 15 goals a year. but his work ethic is second to none. he is basically a lesser skilled kesler. kesler has more scoring punch. but both are even everywere else. kesler makes 1.75 i think.

Burrows has 13 goals, will finish near or at 20 goals for the year.

Ryan Smyth is earning over 6mill to score 19 to date and finish at or near 25-30.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0