Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks at the Deadline

Which player on the trade blocks should the Canucks go after

• Total voters

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is were we see the real fans sepereate from the wagon jumers.
i would have liked to see them upgrade the 3rd line, but who knows what the cost was.
hodgson is not ready fort he NHL, next year he will be.
the 3rd line will also look alot different when hanson comes back. personaly i like the line of johnston, hordichuck, hanson. three guys that battle, mix it up, and get physical on the other team. to bad we couldn't dump pyatt or bernier.
either way, i'll still be watching every game. listening to these fcukheads on the radio shows calling in with there lack of cents about what the canucks should have done.

thats just my piece. GO NUCKS!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The cost for that elusive 3rd line center was a 2nd rounder...Gillis didn't want to part with it, as he said during the pressser.
Hodgson could be NHL ready, but will not be used at all (from the aforementioned presser)
Hordichuk cannot skate at the 3rd line level..you are likely to see the lines as this for the forseeable future
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kesler Sundin Demo
Bernier Wellwood Pyatt
Raymond/Hordichuk Johnson Hansen/Bolduc/Rypien/

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rypien? You have to be fist fcuking me with a kitten. Is that guy even alive still?

I am on the side of agreeing w/ Water Break. The team is really not bad right now. The 3rd line- as innept as it has been- has potential. Bernier stone-hands has hussle. Wellwood is a poor man's Brendan Morrison.

Sometimes its better not to fcuk w/ chemistry. Leave these guys together, see what happens.

Bowmeister...would have loved it...but seemed very pie in the sky.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i forgot about rypien. and sorry i missed the presser.

is it just me, or does evertime raymond gets the puck he looks like a nervous prom date?

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rypien? You have to be fist fcuking me with a kitten. Is that guy even alive still?
heard a rumor on 1040 during game yesterday that rypien is making a triumphant return - or at least explaining where the hell he went...

btw, that is not a pretty visual...:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raymond is akin to Ben Stiller on his date w/ Mary, in "Something About Marry". He keeps getting his pork & beans stuck in his zipper.

Somebody else can post up THAT visual.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rypien will replace Hordichuk once fit. He skates better than him, you don't need a nuclear deterrent in the playoffs as nobody fights anyways.

Also AV has a huge erection for him. :eek:

If I was AV (assuming all things being hunky dory in the injuries dept) I would go with:
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kesler-Sundin-Demitra
Bernier-Johnson-Pyatt
Raymond - 7th Dman instead - Rypien

Bieksa-Ohlund
Mitchell-Salo
Edler
Obrien
Vaanenen

That way Kesler and Johnson can split the 5-8 minutes Centering the "4th line" wingers pair when they see their very liited ice time. Pyatt and Raymond are interchangable in those lines too.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rypien will replace Hordichuk once fit. He skates better than him, you don't need a nuclear deterrent in the playoffs as nobody fights anyways.

Also AV has a huge erection for him. :eek:

If I was AV (assuming all things being hunky dory in the injuries dept) I would go with:
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kesler-Sundin-Demitra
Bernier-Johnson-Pyatt
Raymond - 7th Dman instead - Rypien

Bieksa-Ohlund
Mitchell-Salo
Edler
Obrien
Vaanenen

That way Kesler and Johnson can split the 5-8 minutes Centering the "4th line" wingers pair when they see their very liited ice time. Pyatt and Raymond are interchangable in those lines too.

you said the E WORD...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not going to matter, there's 20 games left so he more than enough time to injure himself again, Hordichuk won't have time to get used to sitting.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
my question is why if these guys on the fourth line are bust, why not call up some moose guys and see what they can do. if your 4th line is plaing 8-10 minutes a game, if that, then why not.

see what grabner can do playing on a line with krog, or raymond. bolduc or whoever else we have in the system. i say if your 4th line is a bust, or whatever line pyatt and bernier are on, exsperiment alittle. see what happens.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grabner is a sniper with nearly zero ability to play in his own zone. Which is why he is languishing in the AHL with NHL offensive ability and upside.

Also, you need to have options and grit with your role players occupying space in your bottom 6 forwards. Grabner, Krog, etc don't fit that bill when you already have Raymond there with Wellwood.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry hector,

did some looking around...Rypien is back skating but hasn't been activated from the IR yet, and is listed as being on IR for personal/undisclosed reasons, however he is expected back soon, and could fill the 4th line C spot or as a winger on the 3rd line with the ability to be a very effective PK guy (1 of his 2 goals are SH) and he can skate miles.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the story:
Vancouver Canucks - News - Canucks Report
Rick Rypien overshadowed the debut of Ossi Vaananen at Saturday morning's practice making his first appearance since a sports hernia injury sidelined him back in late October forcing him to miss 53 straight games.

The scrappy forward skated with assistant coach Darryl Williams prior to practice and issued the following statement to the media:

"I would like to thank the Canucks organization and my teammates for their tremendous support during this challenging time. Everyone has been so supportive and I can't thank them enough for everything. I would also like to thank the media and the Canucks fans for their respect they have shown me during my time away. I am happy to be back practicing with my teammates and would ask that thus matter remain private at this time. I will speak to the media at an appropriate time in the future. Thank you."

Coach Alain Vigneault said there's no timetable for Rypien's return to the line-up, but that the 24-year-old is physically cleared to play.

"He will skate on his own here for the next four or five days I’m thinking and then hopefully he’ll be good to go with the team," said Vigneault.

"We’re very happy to have him back and we hope that he’ll be able to help our team here in the near future."

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0