Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks at the Deadline

Which player on the trade blocks should the Canucks go after

• Total voters

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
you could make a new thread for the rumours alone there's so much crap out there.

now apparently toronto's moore and i think antropov are sitting tonight as healthy scratches. and if joffery lupal gets traded again he's very close to setting the record for most teams played on before your 30th b-day.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
frack we lost nycolat.. its over now....

jay bo a canuck...................

soon

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
you could make a new thread for the rumours alone there's so much crap out there.

now apparently toronto's moore and i think antropov are sitting tonight as healthy scratches. and if joffery lupal gets traded again he's very close to setting the record for most teams played on before your 30th b-day.

If Antropov gets traded to the Canucks your post here makes sense:p

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't see a Vancouver / Toronto deal anytime soon.

Burrows...great deal for him. That kid has earned every penny. Insiders all talk about how smart this guy is, that he really understands the game. Since Carter left, they've been looking for a Carter clone, when all along they needed to be placing a smart player in there that has the brains to adjust his game to the Sedin's style. Burrows has done that, just in a different way than Carter, and in an arguably more effective way. Carter just can't skate like Burrows.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't see a Vancouver / Toronto deal anytime soon.

Burrows...great deal for him. That kid has earned every penny. Insiders all talk about how smart this guy is, that he really understands the game. Since Carter left, they've been looking for a Carter clone, when all along they needed to be placing a smart player in there that has the brains to adjust his game to the Sedin's style. Burrows has done that, just in a different way than Carter, and in an arguably more effective way. Carter just can't skate like Burrows.

Agree 100%. I was actually nervous Burrows was going to be traded, so happy to hear about the $2M per. Great move by Gillis, show everyone that with hard work you will be rewarded. Burrows obviously happy as he said he didn't want to leave, then rewards us with 2 goals. I can finally get a Burrows jersey and not have to worry about it being outdated next season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How much of a stretch is it to say this guy has Captain potential? I think next year he certainly will be weearing the A currently on Ohlund's chest.

I know...as long as Luongo is here, but still...this guy literally did everything in his power to get to the NHL from the East Coast league...long bumpy road. Fought, scored, checked...and all that work has turned him into one of the most complete players in the league.

A great example for kids like Hodgson and White.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How much of a stretch is it to say this guy has Captain potential? I think next year he certainly will be weearing the A currently on Ohlund's chest.

I know...as long as Luongo is here, but still...this guy literally did everything in his power to get to the NHL from the East Coast league...long bumpy road. Fought, scored, checked...and all that work has turned him into one of the most complete players in the league.

who is white:rolleyes:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe the NHL came down and said the Nuckers can't pull the same stunt with luongo next year. So most likely there will be a new captain.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sportsnet rumour mill reporting raymond, 1st rounder, another player to be named for bouwmeester.
throw pyatt in there for good measure. florida could use a giant pylon.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me, don't tease me. I like Bieksa, but would be OK w/ him going one way if Bowmeister is coming the other. But if we can get Bowmeister w/ out giving up Bieksa, even better!

Jesus..the financial situation down there must be bad if they can't afford to bring Bieksa back.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently, official word is no canuck trading done... kind of anti-climatic... gillis to speak to media 12:45

Though I didn't expect them to make a huge splash...I am very disapointed that Gillis did not upgrade the 3rd line center. I think that will come back to haunt them.

We will see.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will come back to haunt them.

Unless they plan on bringing up Cody Hodgson to finish the season and play in the playoffs and move Ryan Johnson to the 3rd line to play shut down they have problems.

The 3rd line is a donut line at the moment (Decent to serviceable wingers with a hole in the middle)

They will be forced to pull kesler off the 2nd line to play shutdown against the potential 1st line of Cammaleri/Jokinen/Iginla line in a ling series against the Flames if that happens...Same can be said for a series against a first line of Sharp/Towes/Kane or a series against datsyuk/Zetterberg/Hossa

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0