Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burnaby Summer League

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chunder,

Regs can't make it tonight...you'll have to wait for the re-match.

How are your numbers looking tonight? We'll be pretty tight. Fcuk...looks like it will be pretty cold tonight. After yesterday, we had plans on bringing out the BBQ!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton B vs Surrey City

Dude was right. Surrey down in numbers. Sapperton "B" 18 players.

Score: Sap B 7 - Surrey City 2.

Hey Dude: You need to have a word with your guys. Good guys, nice friendly game, BUT your guys should help take down the net. That was unimpressive watching you do it by yourself. However, you do a good job in that department.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn’t looking so ugly at 3-2…then in the last 20 minutes we were severely undermanned and overmatched. 4 goals against in 20 minutes. Fcuk.

What can I say…ugly. As for the nets- some asshole has to do it. It was better than talking to anyone at that point anyhow. Oh well…at least I got my 90.
:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK…it’s taken me nearly 48 hours to calm down, but at least now I can comment on this.

First: clean game, clean team. No criticism whatsoever of the Sap players or their funny little coach:)D). Recognized a couple from years back, but mostly newer faces.

I think with our full team, we’d be a little overmatched, but not as badly as we were Monday. We were missing quite a few key guys that would certainly have made a difference. We had four U-21 players in the line-up that were obviously a little (a lot) shell shocked, and not ready for the pace and need to play defence. No big deal…that’s what learning is all about. The rest of us…well…it would have been nice to take a break. It basically fell apart for us after our stopper had to leave the park early. Next time, we’ll be sure to have out our 7 subs.:rolleyes:

Train did well on two individual efforts (he was the only striker we had really creating any disturbance) to get our two goals. He should have had three, but he missed a breakaway early in the first. Then again, Sap should have had 8 after they went up 4-2 late in the second. I’ve seen Train play better than that, but at the same time, he really didn’t have much support.

Good job Sap. You’ll get a better game next time.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll get back on the winning track tomorrow Dude. No worries.

Who here plays for Poco United? Reccos, have you played these guys yet?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey City-2, Poco United (Alouette)-5

Well…it has been a frustrating week for Dude.

Last night we lost 5-2. First half was ugly, second half…very ugly. They scored first, and we managed to tie it on one of my rare goals. They got a very questionable one right at the end of the first half (basically, their striker went OB by about 2’, and brought the ball back into play, shot, collected the rebound w/ a hand ball, and scored). They scored early again in the 2nd, and we got one back a little later with a goal by our day-of-game import, Chris Roots. That’s when we ran out of gas, and they got two more late in the game. Very ugly all over the place. And summer ball is supposed to be fun...:rolleyes:

This is a bitch that is going out to our winter guys (because I know you all lurk): you all asked me to limit the number of “imports” I bring in from other teams, because you wanted me to keep our team together for the summer. We had 11 guys show up, 3 were new guys I called yesterday. We did have two keepers, so we had one of them playing striker all game. Had we had ¾ of our full winter squad- and a couple of subs- we would have won that game going away. We can’t continue to play 11 men against teams that bring out 7-9 subs! Having only 7 Royals, and missing our starting strikers and stopper just doesn’t cut it.

That said, our next game isn’t until May 27th (against Snowman & the rest of Poco Dominion), and I’ll have this little problem fixed by then.

Mad as hell and about ready to hand in my managing hat and go back to being just a player,

Dude.:mad:

P.S.: Thanks to TheRob and Yoda for coming out and lending a hand last night. I owe you both a beer…I’ll have it next game if our beer guy actually SHOWS UP!:mad: :mad:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob was wondering around a little confused after the game because he was wondering where the beer was. Now he knows. That fellow should be shot.:mad:I had to wait until I got home for a beer. Do you know how fcuking hard that was? Do you?:(

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

That wasn't even are full squad alot of us played only part of the game or didn't play & in the second half we switched guys into positions they don't normally play . Are whole squad except for a couple of guys are guys from Alouette United : Premier, Div1 cat & U-21 teams. Let's see what happens when you supposly get your whole team out there.:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious?

AU Razor. Your shitty spelling, and terrible grammar are strangely similar to that of Razorbacks. Know anything about that?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I say "I’ll have this little problem fixed by then", I'm telling you we won't have our regular squad for the remainder of the summer league. The problem is that our regular winter guys are reneging on their commitment to play, so I'm done with them. I'm bringing in new players, despite the eventual protests against that. That post was meant to send a very blunt, pointed message to our "regulars".

And, we will beat you next time.:D Then, we'll have enough subs that I'll be able to sit on the line and have a beer for the last 45 minutes...which is very important to me in the summer.
:D :rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton B vs Poco Stallions

Sap B defeated Poco Stallions 3 to 1 in a well played intense game tonight on the turf at Burn. Lake.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bohemians vs 96ers

well it should be the best game of our summer league. The 2 best teams going head to head.Gary any wagers.96ers last result 11-2 win against diggers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Rangers vs. SFC

Called in the cavalry for last night’s game vs. Poco Rangers (Dominion). At one point, we had 19 players, and they had 8. We sent them 4 players, and we played for the points. Eventually they had a couple of more guys show up, and played w/ 3 subs.

Final score: SFC 6, Poco Rangers 1. Train scored a hat trick…that makes 5 goals in 3 BSL games this summer, and 7 goals in his last two games vs. Poco City Dominion. Sandro, Shaun Roberts, and Chris Nutbeam scored our other goals. I think Jason Kirby had Poco’s lone marker, a nice individual effort. The only shitty part of having so many subs means the dumb ass manager who called them all only gets 20 minutes playing time.:rolleyes:

Good on the Poco boys for taking a few players and playing for the points. It looked like they were ready to forfeit.
:)

What was the 96er / Bohemian score?:confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohemians 3 -- 96ers 2

I saw the second half and a bit of the first. It appeared that the 96ers were playing with a fill in keeper (although I only saw the winning Bohemian goal).

The winning goal came a few minutes after one of the 96ers went down and while the play was stopped he walked off the far side of the field- but no one came on. After Bohemians scored the winning goal and they were lining up at centre, the ref started counting 96er players - only then did the lights come on that 96ers were voluntarily playing short handed!!!

This can't be the team that is going to play Premier next year!! The 96ers were missing a lot of the guys we (Sap B) beat a few weeks ago.

Ian Sneddon was having some trouble getting his keeper and his guys to realize that time was running out and they were losing and to get the ball up the field instead of dicking around with it and wasting time at the back. There didn't seem to be a sense of urgency in their play other than Clarke and Sneddon.

Both teams missed a lot of good scoring chances but Bohemians were stronger overall from the goal out. Although the score was close, I didn't think Bohemians were in danger of losing.

Bohemians must be undefeated (?) as are Sapperton "B", so again it looks like a battle to win the league as it was last year.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton B 2 - Diggers 1

Sapperton B disposed of the Diggers last night 2-1 in what turned out to be a pretty scrambly game uncharacteristic of Sapperton's summer team.

Sap B remains undefeated and to correct my prior post on the Bohemians record, I erred in that they have one defeat this summer in the the 6 to 5 loss to the Poco Stallions.

Sundays match with Sap B and Bohemians tangling has been deferred at Sid's request.

Hey guys, we gotta get the others to post their frigging scores as the league line isn't getting updated anytime quick!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get me a piss cup

Last night @ NAP: Poco Stallions 6, Surrey City 3. A bunch of these kids don't even look like they shave yet. Poco's #7 should be made to pee in a cup after every game. He's on something, for sure!:rolleyes:

Train is happy- two more goals. That makes 7 goals in 4 BSL games.

screecher

Mar 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: 6-3

You surrey boys are lucky you even got three. Had we not had our defence play up front for the second half it would have ended like Germany Vs. Saudi. Why would you even try and poast a coky comment to a game you lost to so horribly:confused:
i think you should pratice some ball movement before you practice insuting guys that just kicked your arse.
by the way the only thing #7 is on is a full ride to any university he chooses unlike you washed up bums
good luck makin the playoffs im sure poco will give you a good run for worst in the league:D

Speaking of which does anybody know the ranking as of yet :confused: whos on top and whos on the bottom :confused: if you know and your not just guessing post it.:)

One ast thing RECCOS the Boohemians are not undefeated we kick their ass 6-5 first game of the season we could have done it again its just too bad the ref looked the other way every time the foued us last time we met (which was Thur may 30) we lost 3-1.
Geat shot by basil to put em ahead though.

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re Screecher

Why would you even try and poast a coky comment to a game you lost to so horribly

For the sake of number 7's career at any university he choose, I hope he writes a lot better than you.

Gud luke on the pruvinshal exames!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screech,

Besides butchering the English language, you are also a pathetic player. It is only a summer league and you shouldn't take yourself so seriously, especially when you are as bad as you are. Thanks for coming out you fcuking flake. When you get a moment, get a life and remember you are only playing summer league soccer. Cnut.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohemian's Record

Hey Screech:

Check my LAST post above. I did correct my earlier error where I speculated that Bohemians might have been undefeated.

You are right that you guys beat them (I had forgot).

I realize writing may be a bit of a problem (or at least editing), but I hope you can read!

The Poco Stallions are a good team with a lot of skill, energy and enthusiam. As for Screech complaining about the reffing in a game vs Bohemians (depending on the ref) I am not surprised if Poco got screwed.

From Screw You and the Captain's post, would I be correct in assuming that Dude Where's My Team has recruited you for his summer side?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0