Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meat Whistle ............ nice game. Especially your 2nd half.
If you put in the same effort in the match, as you do at whining at the Ref and Linesmen, it might have been a match. Back to Sooke Intramural soccer you go ......

JAGS

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sooke was played out to be some amazing team by meat grinder. Didnt see anything special from them today. All in all the best team won. Looks like Blakeway is out for our game in 2 weeks after that red.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha, wow, I better remember never to talk as much shite as meat curtains...this is TTP after all and meat flute sure pissed his pants with his prediction.

Here's to you meat mangler!!!

:wa::wa::wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the last 35 minutes of the Norvan/Sooke game........very scrappy.....that's about it.........in regards to the red card........terrible call as there was NO attempted head butt. They bumped chests and were in each others' face but there was no way he attempted a head butt. The ref lost the game at that point....play was going on in the Sooke end while this melee was starting to take place. He didn't stop it immediately and it lead to him going to his assistant and next thing you know....Blakers is red carded.......honestly, if I were Norvan, it would be worth the appeal as there was nothing that warranted a red card. In fact it would have been impossible for the assistant to see something like that from the angle he was on. Seriously, that would be disappointing for Norvan to lose him for something like that. The two players should have been given yellows for being annoying more than anything. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I saw, Norvan had 12 players dressed, and they were reluctant to put on that 12th player unless one of the starting 11 was missing a limb. Sooke went up early against the run of play, and Norvan kept pressing, but couldn't break through until the second half. Sooke has great old school supporters who for sure livened things up at Kinsman. But there was a fan turnout about a tenth of the Imperial Cup final today. This game was a letdown in that the VMSL side could only field 12 players in a BCs game, coupled with the fact that the much touted on this site Sooke side, despite their spirit, were disappointing in the skill/fitness department. Norvan lost Blakeway late on on a bad decision on his part to buy into the Sooke baiting, at which time he decided to resolve the situation forehead to forehead...not a smart move, and good call by the officials sending him off late. But full marks to the Sooke player for not going down screaming like some VMSL players from some teams may have done. Sooke is a good, honest, hard playing team, and you have to admire their toughness.

The level of play in this game was Div 1. Norvan will have to seriously pick things up in the next round, and get some people out.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I was sitting front row probably less than five yards away from this event front and center. The Norvan forward headbutted the Celtic player, forehead to forehead after a bit of a nasty tackle from the Celtic guy. I was sitting beside Mr. Short (Shorty's dad), he saw it clear as day as well. Very bad decision by the NV player. Sorry, but it was a clear head butt. PS, I am not a fan of that particular lino myself, but he was on our side maybe 10 yards away and would have been in a position to see the whole thing. The ref called him over, and the lino told him what he saw.

Sir M.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I was sitting front row probably less than five yards away from this event front and center. The Norvan forward headbutted the Celtic player, forehead to forehead after a bit of a nasty tackle from the Celtic guy. I was sitting beside Mr. Short (Shorty's dad), he saw it clear as day as well. Very bad decision by the NV player. Sorry, but it was a clear head butt. PS, I am not a fan of that particular lino myself, but he was on our side maybe 10 yards away and would have been in a position to see the whole thing. The ref called him over, and the lino told him what he saw.

Sir M.

Well I was about 50 yards away behind the fence so I'm pretty sure I had a better view than you. :D :D And I agree with you about the lino.........:eek:

I thought I would just get Norvan to appeal it anyway, just so they could be out another $500 for the appeal to be turned down. :D ;)

It was quite a melee to be going on though, while the ball was still being played by the Sooke full-back.

You're right about Sooke though, Sir M.....fitness was lacking, particularly in the back.....the two goals game from simply backing up too far from the attackers and no one wanting to commit to the ball. Having said that, when it was 1 - 0 for Sooke, they had a GREAT chance from right in front of goal and was put over the bar......that would have been game, set, and match.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot to mention, Sir M, that I also had my sun glasses on which I bought from the dollar store and I was looking into the sun. So I'm pretty sure my account of things is 100% accurate.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the last 35 minutes of the Norvan/Sooke game........very scrappy.....that's about it.........in regards to the red card........terrible call as there was NO attempted head butt. They bumped chests and were in each others' face but there was no way he attempted a head butt. The ref lost the game at that point....play was going on in the Sooke end while this melee was starting to take place. He didn't stop it immediately and it lead to him going to his assistant and next thing you know....Blakers is red carded.......honestly, if I were Norvan, it would be worth the appeal as there was nothing that warranted a red card. In fact it would have been impossible for the assistant to see something like that from the angle he was on. Seriously, that would be disappointing for Norvan to lose him for something like that. The two players should have been given yellows for being annoying more than anything. :D

Who were the referee and linos?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who were the referee and linos?

No idea who was in the middle but I recognized both Linos.......can't say though......Sir M will PM you. :)

BTW, the ref in our game yesterday missed a BLATANT penalty in the first half.....but it turned out to be moot. Unfortunately, our striker had to come out of the game 10 minutes into it......and will likely be out for our next game.

What do you think, Canucklehead?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not one of us recognized the ref. The linesman were stock VMSL types... but Sooke, despite their spirited fan support, did not look like a side that could go very deep in this cup. Good game to watch in a kind of car crash way.

Sir M.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea who was in the middle but I recognized both Linos.......can't say though......Sir M will PM you. :)

BTW, the ref in our game yesterday missed a BLATANT penalty in the first half.....but it turned out to be moot. Unfortunately, our striker had to come out of the game 10 minutes into it......and will likely be out for our next game.

What do you think, Canucklehead?

Hmmm...blatant you say? I dunno, those shades you were sporting looked pretty cheap. They must have impacted your vision from over 50 yards away. ;)
I had more explaining to do in my assesment afterwards on the incident with JAR that lead up to the booking. It's allll about the angles;)
On an aside; good to chat with you pre-game.
Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...blatant you say? I dunno, those shades you were sporting looked pretty cheap. They must have impacted your vision from over 50 yards away. ;)
I had more explaining to do in my assesment afterwards on the incident with JAR that lead up to the booking. It's allll about the angles;)
On an aside; good to chat with you pre-game.
Cheers!

I honestly heard nothing from her.......nor did anyone on our side but she obviously said something....hence her exit from the game right afterwards. If you want, you can PM me with what was said as I honestly heard nothing. As for the PK, we'll just say that you knew the game was going to be one-sided anyway. ;)

I had a feeling there was an assessment going on there....especially when there was 2 minutes of added time despite the score in the game. :) Overall though, you did a good job trying to play advantages, although you had the one mess-up in the first half. :D

It's always easier to ref from the sidelines. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0