Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Draw

I know it is a draw, but it is ridiculous that Inter has to play in the preliminary round when RCIU, Westside, Surrey, and Croatia all finished below Inter in the standings.

Same applies for Columbus. Didn't they start their provincial cup run a couple years back against Abby? Crazy that they have to play the first round too.

Carry on.

It is unfortunate.........but at the same time, it is a random draw. They did finish below in the standings.......and apparently they finished lower in the draw too. ;)

patty

Apr 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guy's if I may,I will try to stir the mud in this confusion. I was at the draw representing NSCL for Masters. I supplied Sir M with the info right after the meeting. It was rather confusing from the Island

Here we go;

There are 4 Preliminary games
the 4th game is between;

Kamloops

VS
loser of this island game
Bays Utd/Gordon Head Played this Sunday March 29th

The winner moves to seeded slot #2 in the bottom half of the draw!!

The loser of that Island game game plays away to Kamloops

And the winner of that mess plays RCIU in the next round!

I don't know how Gorge came up in this conversation.

They are seeded team #3, Home team in the 1st rd

quote]

being from the island gorge comes up in this becuase they are the ones in the cup final on sunday against gordon head, if they win then bays utd get the second spot. gorge has won the league, they have gotten the bye and a home game first round. therefore bays has nothing to do with this.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

For anyone who cares the FVSL #5 spot is either Athletic Club BC or Chilliwack who play for the FVSL 5th spot this Saturday in the Pakingham Cup Final.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ya dancer!!!! Up against one of the favourites right off the bat.....if not the favourite!

Magic draw for the Westside:rolleyes:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's total garbage that the 2 league cup finalists get the highest 2 seeds and essentially the entire league standings are irrelevent. Surrey does deserve a #1 seed based on their league win, but the league cup should be completely irrelevent in the provincial cup seedings.... Hopefully the draw isn't as lopsided as it was last year where the top 3 teams were on the same side and were forced to eliminate one another right from the start. The quarterfinals and semifinals were more like the real finals.... That being said, to win it all we need to beat every single team so it doesn't really matter.... It's a shame that one of the bottom 2 teams in the league didn't fluke out and make it to the league cup finals and get a #1 seed in the provincial cup. Maybe then some changes would be made, although it might be nice to reward a team who had a grand total of 1 win in league play and a +/- in the -30's :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

For anyone who cares the FVSL #5 spot is either Athletic Club BC or Chilliwack who play for the FVSL 5th spot this Saturday in the Pakingham Cup Final.

ACBC win and a Meatmuncher (Sooke) first round win could set-up a nice match.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's total garbage that the 2 league cup finalists get the highest 2 seeds and essentially the entire league standings are irrelevent. Surrey does deserve a #1 seed based on their league win, but the league cup should be completely irrelevent in the provincial cup seedings.... Hopefully the draw isn't as lopsided as it was last year where the top 3 teams were on the same side and were forced to eliminate one another right from the start. The quarterfinals and semifinals were more like the real finals.... That being said, to win it all we need to beat every single team so it doesn't really matter.... It's a shame that one of the bottom 2 teams in the league didn't fluke out and make it to the league cup finals and get a #1 seed in the provincial cup. Maybe then some changes would be made, although it might be nice to reward a team who had a grand total of 1 win in league play and a +/- in the -30's :rolleyes:

WW, totally agree. The number 1 team and number 2 teams in the league should get the automatic bye. If the same two teams play in the Cup final, no problem. if another team wins the cup other than the two, then they should get the 3 seed........not that that matters. The Cup is absolutely moot when it comes to Provincial play because the league spots get positions anyway. We'll have to address that at the AGM, WW. You may have to on my behalf as I'm in Victoria the night of the meeting. Send me a PM and we can plan things out if you like. We will be sending a representative but it's good to know what we're going in for.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BCSA has updated their Provincial tournament site, schedules can be found here

PTS-TOURNOI

Click the BCSA logo, use drop boxes to select open, or 035,etc

oh you didnt know

Mar 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
If an island team doesnt make it to the final its sad, 5 teams on one side come on! As for everyones chances, Ill start with the island. Gorge has probably the easiest draw they've ever had and I dont see anyone challenging them until the final maybe in the semis. Sooke are terrible on defence and midfield so slow, only have big red up front who Norvan will mark tight and thus will shutdown sooke completly. Bays,GH and Nanaimo are all pretty average teams which I dont see going very far past the quarters unless they draw each other. FVSL im not even going to bother with they are worse than Sooke.
Vmsl have the powerhouses, unfortunately they are all playing each other early. Columbus and Inter will make it to the semis with Gorge and another weak team joining them as well. Columbus v Gorge final 3-1 columbus, cant contain the Clans attack

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
just to throw a couple cents in....yup at first glance it appears gorge picked up the best of the draw....again. but on any given day someone might be able to step up. agree from the very few visl games i've seen this year sooke is slow, gh/bays/nan average. i think tho if bays manage to squeeze past whoever they have just enough speed to cause gorge some grief...along with a few breaks. same for nanaimo....but not GH. I'm hopeful to be back in the valley for a while so might sneak a game or two in there

because

Mar 30, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ill say that Celtic, will make it the farthest out of the island teams.Didint they score 58 goals this year i think? they cant be that slow? I have seen them play a couple of times, and the only thing that i could see is that they are very dangerous, and fast. They do seem to give up goals sometimes. This team seems to be hot or frozen. They are my underdog pick for the cup. If they play there style and are on , they will be tuff to beat.

A Celtic fan

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge FC 0.83
Langley Untd 0.78
West Van FC 0.66
Peace Arch Untd 0.61
Poco City FC 0.61
Coq Metro-Ford Wolves 0.59
Columbus-Clan FC 0.55
Bays Untd FC 0.55
Sook Celtic 0.5
ICSF Inter 0.45
Gordon Head 0.44
Athletic Club of BC 0.44 *
Nanaimo Untd FC 0.39
Kamloops 0.39
Chilliwack 0.39 *
Croatia SC 0.36
Norvan Eagles 0.32
Westside FC 0.32
Surrey United-Firefighters 0.23
RCIU Legends 0.23

Just bored at work. Give ya all something to look at .
Baced on winning percentages ,wins divided by games played. Ties not incl.(dont know that formula)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right because that will mean so much when the teams in the different leagues intertwine… :rolleyes:

I think Gorge have got the best and most realistic shot to the Semi or Finals as one could have, with the exception of a maybe a hot/cold Norvan playing spoiler. They've got all the teams they've beat all season long plus the lower half of the tables of the VMSL and Valley. Gift.

On the other side, bloody hell, what a group. I have to think it’ll be either Clan or WestVan on the other side. It'll come down to who catches lightning in a bottle.

My Valley vs VMSL predictions this year now that the shoe is on the other foot… I think Langley has a legitimate shot to beat Croatia with their ‘style of play’. Should they keep Croatian turned around facing their own net like they did so many teams this year. They have a real chance to eek this one out. If they let Croatia play from the midfield forward, they could struggle. Who knows though, Langley really hasn’t had anything to do for 6 or so weeks now.

PAU on the day I think could push Inter. It’ll come down to the back line for us I think.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
lower half of the tables of the VMSL and Valley. Gift

Since when did tied for 2nd become lower half in the valley? KNVB's an idiot! QUOTE FROM SOMEONE ELSE!:cool:

Gorge will be worried about Poco because.....clears throat, never mind!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0