Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIV 1 PLAYOFFS

ROUND 1

CLUB I v. WESTSIDE KNIGHTS

SOCCER IMPORTS v. WFC RANGERS

DELTA BLAZE v. BINGERS ARMY

RICHMOND UTD v. DELTA UTD.

Cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone in Division One who got relegated this year looking to stay in Division One? If so, send me a PM because as of now, we are planning on putting two teams in Division One. John/Willy, remember our discussion at 2:10 am at the Pita Pit? Ginger, remember our beer garden discussion? Just let me know and might be able to work something out, so you can keep your spot. I wouldn't ask for much. :) :p

The Bargaining Captain

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I can't even remember Kamloops let alone the "Pita Pit":rolleyes: I am sure Willy will offer you the world in order to keep us in the prestigous RRSL Div 1 for next year!

Cheers and it was great to see you in the "LOOPS"

John

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain;

Are we talking $ or copious amounts of beer? Remember Sidewinder drinks Kilkenny.

Perhaps we can start negotiations at South Arm tonight.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

It was one of my vague memories. MMMMMM Piiiiittttaaaaa. I'm sure a keg of beer would suffice. You guys get sponsored by Canadian, don't you? Just an early thought......:)

Sidewinder,

Your Kilkenny is out of RUFC's price range. We will have to accept Canadian/Budweiser, if they do in fact want to stay in Division One. :D

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From another thread...

So what you guys are saying is that if your team that played in Div 1 or CAT got a chance to play premier without winning that league you would turn it down because it's not the standard way of getting in?

Oddly enough, that's how the whole PROMOTION thing works. It's a funny ol' gaime....
;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, Kurgan, but the RSSL operates differently than most leagues. They will allow two teams in the same division and we DID win the second division, so Club Ireland did earn promotion, if they choose to take it.... :)

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ginger, remember our beer garden discussion? Just let me know and might be able to work something out, so you can keep your spot. I wouldn't ask for much.

Vague memories as I tried to round up 30 odd pissed blokes for the second game! (Which incidentally we won - thanks to the coach :D )

Will be seeing Willy and a few others tonight - will let you know the outcome later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Cheers

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ginger,

You still sound "DRUNK WITH POWER":cool: I trust you will be brought down to earth back in the mighty RRSL Cup Play, but if you need a wandering center back...............you know what to do..................call the SLIPPER:D

Cheers,

John

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah yes ... "The Pita Pit" ... bumbing into you and Parkhead is a pretty foggy memory, but a memory nonetheless. However, the contents of our conversation is completely lost on me ... I have no recollection there. Having said that, it's an interesting proposition. Maybe you could PM me with any thoughts or suggestions, and the lad's will chat about it tonight.

Not sure how I ended up at "The Pita Pit" ... I was actually looking for "The Meat Market" ... must have taken a wrong turn at "The Piss Tank" :D Aaaah The 'Loops!!! :D

Hey, while were at it ... I think I had a couple of chats with Guinness over the weekend as well ... maybe he'll be kind enough to post the contents of those conversations and I might be able to piece together the events of last weekend .... though I'm not so sure I want to ;)

Willy McMemories

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too late to edit

:(

Missed my window of opportunity to edit ... so in an effort to avoid furthering the "idiot" tag ...

bumbing = bumping
were = we're

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about this? If Richmond United win tonight, you WILL retain your spot in Division One. If Club I win tonight, you WILL buy us a KEG of beer AND you will also retain your spot in division one. So the worst case scenario is you that you are going to owe us a KEG of beer. Does that sound interesting enough? I honestly have no idea what type of team we will have out tonight but I'm sure it will be watered down because we have had players who have played on both teams throughout the season, who will not be able to do so in the cup. What do you think Willy/John/Ginger? :eek:

AlwayslookingforagoodbetCaptain

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy, speaking of missed opportunities and moments we'd now like to forget... You'll never guess who's shirt I ran into this weekend at Cloverdale Athletic of all places? (part of your tour) That's right... let the memories flow... Funny how small the world becomes when you're standing with your missus and wee'n. One would never think a bubbly little hard body would run up and say "HI! Remember me?" as she gives you a wee hug. Nice. Go ahead KNVB, explain your way out of this one...

Thanks. :rolleyes:

KNVB MCdoghouse.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Willy/Walks/Kippax/GingerTours for helping the second division team help the first team to stay up next year. ;)

The game was a strange one with a FCUKING horrible ref. He had nothing to do with the outcome of the game but he was shite for both teams. Awful.

The first half was pretty well controlled by Club Ireland and we squandered several quality chances. United took control for about 15 minutes in the second half and got a rather fortunate goal. It was a deflection from outside the box. Club I pushed a bit after this and then RU scored against the run of play after a miscue in the CI backline. At this point, Club I pushing more forward and RU were then awarded a penalty, and 4th goal on a 3 - 1 counter-attack. CI scored a late consolation and that was it. So much for a keg of beer and let all the young lads know that they are going to be responsible for buying a keg in our next function. Bastards. :)

Good luck next week, gentlemen.

Captain

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain;

Next time listen to old Sidewinder before you make these rash bets. I told you we had a makeshift team out tonight. But I do like your idea that those listed for tonights game are responsible for a keg at our next function.

Good luck to the idiots in the div.2 cup.

They did take their chances to-night.

That ref was Doug Tweedlies dad and he is blind and luckily deaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0