Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers had 3 Westside premier players on the park, not 8.

I guess Besty is a liar. Figures, he is a fcuking Rangers fan.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know they had that one sub which allowed them to make whole sale changes. My mistake. Did Jammo, Pettingale, Besty, and Chaisson play? Who were the 3 premier players out of curiosity? Maybe Besty said Westside had 8 players who didn't play during the league. I don't know and I wasn't there. Congrats on the win nonetheless. I will be by tomorrow to watch and see if you're lying to me. ;)

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Jammo

Jammo was away, but the others you mentioned were the 3 I was referring to. Besty and Colin played at the back, Chaisson up front.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's it?!

So the final's played and the only guy to bother to put down 5 words--and a comma and a period--didn't even play in it...pretty anticlimactic.

Crafty, you've had a day or 2 to lick the wounds, how was the game? That's a few finals you guys have lost in the last couple of years isn't it?

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 Westside players

Captain....

It only seemed like 8...my blinding speed had me all over the park!:rolleyes:

Colin, Tube-steak and meself.

Same line up in the final:wa: :wa:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: That's it?!

Originally posted by Peter
Crafty, you've had a day or 2 to lick the wounds, how was the game? That's a few finals you guys have lost in the last couple of years isn't it?

Same shite different final.:mad: :mad:

Every year we make the final, which is three out of the last five, I think, we show up with eight (8) guys out of 26. Fukcing joke !
JUNK:mad: :mad: :mad:

I must apologize to the Rangers because it had the makings of a good final. For me its not so bad, (been there, done that, got the T- shirt etc.) but the younger guys must be choked. Most of the eight that bothered to show up looked tired and uninterested seeing has they had played 90 mins on Thursday, the weather was cooking and the thought of no subs was just too much.

The game itself was extremely one sided and the outcome was never in doubt. We had our chances, but I feel the Rangers could of stepped it up another gear if required. We were pulling spectators off the sidelines, just to make it eleven a side :confused:

After a ten game unbeaten run, it was a very disappointing end to the summer.

Cheers

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was interested just unable to go for a full 90. :(

Crafty is right saying that it was a shitty way to end the summer. We had a great run and deserved to put up a better fight in the final. Rangers were definitely better and deserved the win. I have to say they were good sports about not running the few guys we had into the ground by scoring a bunch. They also showed class in letting us grab who we could just to play the game.

In the end though it was great day for soccer and drinking beer. Which I was able to pull off more than 90 minutes doing that. :D

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday Final

Crafty:

I agree it is junk that we could only field 7 or 8 players and I wish I could've been there. This all stems back to the point that I made a week ago; the Saturday final is junk!!
One team or another always has a problem fielding a squad for the Saturday final - if the final was on a Thursday like the balance of the games then there wouldn't be this problem to field full squads.
The Saturday final (two days after the semi's) makes as much sense as having the Pak Cup Final on a Tuesday at 12:00pm. Summer soccer is played on a designated weekday evening just as winter ball is played on a designated day on the weekend.
In any case it was still a great season for the DU lads:wa:

4ST OUT!!:bronco: :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0