Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just got back from mosquito steeves.
4-1 for Westside Rangers over Club I with a few minutes to go. three for chiasson and a nice finish by sully. besty blew a tire inside his six yard box to allow the Club I goal.
parkhead with a sore head.:(
stitches? hope your doing alright mate.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United 3 Blaze 1

DU played a much better game then we did and deserved to win. I guess we weren't ready to play.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DU 3 Blaze 1

Well, the DU snowball keeps getting bigger and bigger. A well deserved 3-1 win last night makes it 10 games undefeated. Hopefully we can make it 11 on Saturday. Things should be tough for the Delta squad as a large number of the lads have previous commitments and won't be able to make the game. This always seems to happen to one or other of the teams for the Sat. final. Why doesn't the league have the final on a Thursday night and keep things consistent:mad:

Walks with an outstanding job in the middle of the park last night.....he let the boys play and as Blaze Army said the DU lads wanted it just a little more than the Blaze......must be the experience factor:D

I'd love to hear some other Blaze comments about the game. DITH, Blaze Rep. My take was that DU took the piss out of the Blaze in the first have and had a much deserved 3-0 lead. The majority of the second half was pretty uneventful with the exception of the last 10 where the Blaze came at us in waves and were able to pot one.

Once again fairly impressed with the lack of chippy play by the Blaze....perhaps they are growing up a little:rolleyes:

My only problem last night was with Scotty Williams. He bitched like a school girl all game and then when his skills were needed he pulled himself off the park. I don't know how you guys deal with him:confused:

Good luck to the Delta lads on Sat. I'll be making the phone call from Victoria to find out the result

4ST OUT:bronco: :bronco:

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DU vs. Blaze

I didn't get there until the end of the first half....it was 2-0 DU. From what I saw DU completely outplayed us in every aspect of the game and fully the deserved the win. A poor effort on our part but at the same time a spirited effort from DU, getting to all the loose balls and winning most of the 50/50 challenges.
I think we pulled ourselves together in the second half but too little too late.

4STGMP, that's too bad you won't be playing on Sat. The DU boyz will need you against the Rangers, who look like they're on a mission after a surprising thumping of CI...was it a 4-1 final??

Captain Shamrock...let's hear about it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This always seems to happen to one or other of the teams for the Sat. final. Why doesn't the league have the final on a Thursday night and keep things consistent
The final has been on the Saturday afternoon following the semis for as long as I can remember. Seems pretty consistent to me. :rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
Wow. Interesting results.

Final Prediction: Rangers 4 - 2 Delta

Good luck guys.

No chance...
Rangers 40 - 2 Delta ;)

Totally different game with Jolly on the pitch... too bad he couldnt be there earlier... would have been a better contest.

I agree with 4ST... what happened to Scottie??? Please tell me he had an injury or had the trots or something... I know he is an oddball, but even HE should recognize that his team needed him down the stretch.

I wonder what the Blaze record would look like without those two guys...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done lads ....

Well done to both Delta United and Delta Blaze last night for playing a very good game. To be honest, Delta United controlled most of the ball especially in the first half taking their chances very well. The little fella' that was playing outside left had a great game constantly going at defenders and finally being rewarded with a goal. To be fair though, the backline for DU won it for them. Some excellent defending winning 95% of the balls on the ground and in the air. Bring that together with some excellent distribution really sealed it for them.

The Blaze did have some excellent chances to score though but it just looked like it wasn't going to be their night. In the end, 3-1 was probably a fair result. The battle of the night though had to go to Crafty and Rainsey, great stuff lads.

Cheers to Crafty and 4ST for the pints afterwards, it was nice to 'finally' have one with the DU lads. It seems like it's been a 'long' season and it was good to have a pint and a chat afterwards. Good luck in the final fella's ........

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DU's Keeper was in great form too!

Don't forget about him..... he came out for a few 50/50 balls (sketchy ones at that) and managed to keep them out of the net! I thought he played very well.......

Same goes to "Young Dave"........ that kid ran his ASS off (even after taking quite the "hack" from one fo the Blaze guys......)! :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: DU's Keeper was in great form too!

Originally posted by Spazz
Don't forget about him..... he came out for a few 50/50 balls (sketchy ones at that) and managed to keep them out of the net! I thought he played very well.......

Which one? The fat old donut munching cop who played in the first half, or the really really ridiculously goooooood looking fellow in the second?:D

Same goes to "Young Dave"........ that kid ran his ASS off (even after taking quite the "hack" from one fo the Blaze guys......)! :D

Goes without saying... the kid is like a God!:cool:

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
The final has been on the Saturday afternoon following the semis for as long as I can remember. Seems pretty consistent to me. :rolleyes:

Well obviously you've never had to face the Saturday final dilema because your season always comes to a crashing end after the first round:eek:

My point is that during the summer people go away and have other commitments on the weekends and the end result is that one or other of the teams in the final is missing players.

In my mind Thursday nights are a lot more accomodating for most people. Why not have the final on a Thursday - that would be consistency:rolleyes:

4ST OUT!!:bronco: :bronco:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tradition

Keepers right, the final has always been on a Saturday and both teams have the same dilemna.

Saturday's aren't so bad unless you're the guy who can't be there. Besides, it makes for a great afternoon/evening celebration/consolation party--having been on both sides of the coin more than once.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder what the Blaze record would look like without those two guys...

I wonder what anyones record would be with those 2 guyz...argueably two of the best players in the league. Any team would drastically improve with JR and Scotty in their lineup...that's obvious.

Can't wait till JR's bro joins the squad ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Blaze rep.1
I wonder what anyones record would be with those 2 guyz...argueably two of the best players in the league. Any team would drastically improve with JR and Scotty in their lineup...that's obvious.

Can't wait till JR's bro joins the squad ;)

No chance... 2 more years on his contract... then he is DU... unless you guy manage to pull yourselves out of the depths of div 2.

As a matter of fact, there is rumour of JR going to Club I... hadn't you heard?

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance... 2 more years on his contract... then he is DU... unless you guy manage to pull yourselves out of the depths of div 2.

I think we'll manage to do that this year....JR and his bro are looking forward to suiting up together for the Blaze....we're about family, that will make it 4 brother combos once Mark signs;)

I wonder if 4STGMP and his bro would be interested;)

Good luck in the final.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Blaze rep.1
I think we'll manage to do that this year....JR and his bro are looking forward to suiting up together for the Blaze....we're about family, that will make it 4 brother combos once Mark signs;)

:rolleyes:

I wonder if 4STGMP and his bro would be interested;)

don't hold your breath...

Good luck in the final.

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock...let's hear about it.

BlazeRep1,

I would love to comment on the game but I wasn't there. I was called to ref a game at the last minute. From what I heard, Club Ireland had no subs and Parkhead took a head wound about 20 minutes in. They apparently played the rest of the game short? I believe Club I gift wrapped two goals but certainly weren't outclassed despite the fact 8 Westside premier players were on the park. Once again, that is what I heard, so it may or may not be accurate.

Good luck to the teams in the final.

Captain

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Facts not quite right

First, Club I had at least 1 sub, as they were making subs rapidly right from the get go - rotating guys in and out to give them breathers. They may have even had 2 subs, not sure.

Second, Parkhead went down with a cut on the head, but so did the Ranger center-back. Stitches for both I'm guessing. Club I did not play short handed the rest of the game.

One of the goals was definitely a gift from the keeper, the others were nice finishes by Chiasson who had 3 (including the afore-mentioned gift).

Rangers had 3 Westside premier players on the park, not 8.

The way I saw it, Rangers finished their chances well and Club I controlled the ball well at the back but had difficulty penetrating and generating good opportunities.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A great Thursday of Footy. Both Delta teams played some intense but generally clean footy with a minimal amount of moaning. I felt that Walks had a TRE- Mendous game in the middle as he let both teams play a physical game until a call was needed. None of those calls when you barely touch someone. Great game Walks.

I have to say the Man Of The Match was the wiley veteran Mr Moody. You played solid for an old basterd. :D

Both keepers came up with some nice saves as both teams were able to create quite a few good opportunities. All in all I would say one of the most enjoyable games I played all summer.

Congrats to both teams for a good show.

I only hope we can field a competitive team on Sat. If not there at least better be lots of cold beer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0