Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2
Mingers 2

another underwhelming performance by the idiots tonite. a solid start for 20 mins followed by 70 solid minutes of shite.
solidified our place in cellar. with the delta win, it looks like...gulp...relegation. good stuff.:rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first half saw the return of Keeper in the pipes for the Knights who had a comfortable 3-1 lead at the break.
Actually, I secured a half-time shutout with a 2-0 lead. But who's counting?

Most importantly, I'm healthy for this weekend's 7-a-side. We'll have to wait and see about Nations Cup.

Hoppa!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Keeper, you're right! Which infact only strengthens my point if you're able to read between the lines!! Lets try you in net for a full game and see what happens..............Just a thought.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I - You Are Welcome

CIC, Captain Shamrock, Parkhead and the rest of the Club I lads:

Club I - You control your own destiny.

No need to thank the Delta United lads, it was our pleasure providing a little redemption defeating the Blaze 2-0. Very solid team defensive effort. Not a whole lot of chances for either team as most of the game was played between the penalty boxes but we were able to capitalize on our chances - finally the bounces are starting to go our way:D

Surprisingly a clean game last night. I would've thought things would've gotten a little nasty especially when we went up 2.
Ahhhh, the Sleemans Honey Brown tasted a whole lot sweeter last night:wa: :wa:

Needless to say with 4 shutout victories and a tie in our last 5, the Delta United lads are peaking just in time for the playoffs.

Almost forgot, Dante called another great game again last night;)

4ST OUT!!!::bronco: :bronco:

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United 2 - Delta Blaze 0

Just curious as to how Blaze Army, Blaze Rep 1 and the rest of the Blaze lads saw the game last night.

Nice to know that the "Grandpas" of the league can keep up with the young bucks.

Sweet Victory!!!!

4ST OUT!!!:bronco: :bronco:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GRANDPAS

4STGMP, Good call on the "Grandpa" comment:D

The two guys ( who shall remain nameless..;) ) who set up and scored our first goal have a combined age of 80..:eek:

Cheers

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Stuff

All around good night last night for Club I. Yes we beat Westside Rangers 6-2 on a field that can only be compared to Wembley.:rolleyes: South Memorial is more of a beach without the bikini clad women than a football pitch. Bru- Tal. However we will take the win. Super signing "Enrique" with the Hatty, singles by myself, Turner, can't remember the other one.

How come Blaze Rep 1 is not on here telling us how good they are.?:confused:

Crafty , Balsa, 4st, I am sure after the final whitsle you guys were the bigger team and again begged the mighty Blaze to join your Club?:D

I might have to change my plans for next Thursday now. I wasn't going to play next week but since we are playing VMSL second div 3rd place champions with first place on the line. I think I will have to make an exception.

Parkhead:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
4stgmp,

You guys were able to capitalize on your chances and we weren't. It was really that simple. The play was fairly even and Schultz and Clayton had great games which nullified anything we did up front. The ref sort of screwed the flow for a while in the second half calling mostly phantom fouls on you guys but nethier team were able to do anything in the final 3rd of the pitch. You got the bounces and we didn't, hats off to you. Good luck to you guys and maybe we will see each other in the playoffs for the rubber match.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze

You should be the only person allowed to post for your team. Even in defeat you have class. I don't play in the leaque but have been following your season , just for the post match reports by that wanker blaze rep 1. I may have to come watch a game just to satify my curiosity, rumour has it he does not even play.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep 1 would love to play but can't. He tore his ACL and has had surgery for it a month or so ago. Hopefully he will be playing soon.

How did the Over 35's league finish up?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain is predicting a victory for the Blaze tomorrow because it is the World Cup to most of the players. There are a plethora of players missing for a plethora of reasons. This is why I am making my prediction. I will be there to harass players if need be. :) Blaze, will you be there? BTW, how is that lad's ankle? Has it healed okay?

Captain

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lad's ankle. Ity was raines( the dude with the brilliant hair) and he played the following tuesday.

I will not be there, I am attending a company function and i am the BBQ chef:D . YOu, however, may ask DITH a) how his head his after tuesday(he took a knock) and b) quit using a plethora of the word plethora.

The platinum boot award looks pretty good in my office. I've put it next to my "wall of fame" nuggets.

As for your prediction who knows? It should be a good game. i don't think it will be too chippy as i think there is a respect between the 2 squads.

Don't forget to bring the "OFF" for the mossies.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonights match

Nice sell out Army.

My head is just fine, Two reasons why I might have had a little concussion.

1) When I was trying to talk trash to Art after the hit I think I told off Rainsey.

2) Shortly after it happened I thought I saw Army on the field and score a brilliant goal.

On second thought I really did have a concussion!

Should be a good match tonight,

Captain, who are you guys missing?

Parkhead have you put on any pounds since I last threw you around?

DITH

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DITH,

Trash talking Art should be a hobby as it seemed pretty easy out there.

Talking to Rainsey is Ok as long as your not a Davis from the sideline.

I believe the Concussion was caused by you jumping into me in celebration after i scored. that or it was the whiplash caused by watching their goal go right by you.

As for selling out, you can call me " Army from the Block"

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
The Captain is predicting a victory for the Blaze tomorrow because it is the World Cup to most of the players. There are a plethora of players missing for a plethora of reasons. This is why I am making my prediction. I will be there to harass players if need be. :) Blaze, will you be there? BTW, how is that lad's ankle? Has it healed okay?

Captain

Cap'n:

After all that hard work we put in last week......you can't be throwing in the towel!!!
We (and I mean the balance of the RRSL) all want you guys to win the league - we can't allow a first year squad to take the league title.
Anyhow with our match next week.......perhaps with a flat or two we could be pursuaded to "throw" the game:rolleyes:

I look forward to the match reports tomorrow!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4ST,

I am certainly not throwing in the towel, but the numbers just aren't there tonight. I know for a fact that FIVE guys who played against the Blaze last time will not be playing tonight. I'd be surprised if the game was decided by more than a goal. However, I do think it means more to the Blaze because it would be awful having to listen to the piss-taking coming from the rest of the league. If Club I lose, it was predicted anyway. ;) Also, playing you guys next week and the Imports the week after will be very difficult the way both teams have been playing of late. I know for a fact next week, the team will be slightly depleted because the league is making the Div. 2 team play on the same night, and there are quite a few guys who play on both teams. Either way, it is summer soccer and nothing worth getting the knickers in a knot. See you next week.

Captain

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain:

Just giving you a hard time buddy......of course it's just summer ball but it doesn't take away from the fact that we'd much rather have you boys win the crown not the Blaze.

Anyhow good luck tonight.....I can already read the headlines "Depleted Club I team take the piss out of the Blaze....":p

Another perfect night for a little bocce and beer.

4ST OUT!!:bronco: :bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No such luck, 4ST.....

Blaze 5 Club I 1

It was 0 - 0 at the half with Club Ireland squandering a few chances and the Blaze missing a penalty, which was a fcuking horrendous call. Then the goalie change.........Anyway, the Blaze came out in the second half and looked like a team that really wanted to win the game. The ref was fcuking horrible but they Blaze deserved to win the game against the depleted Club I team. Seriously. Anyway, it was nice to talk to a few of the Blaze guys after and other than a few morons going into stupid challenges when the game was over, it was a clean game and the Blaze said very little during the game. That was good. Scott Williams scored two goals and played a good game. He didn't say anything, didn't do anything stupid, and just played. That's what he should do all the time. Anyway, Delta United should be licking their chops for next week's game because the Captain might even be forced to play, if his groin/hip flexors allow him...........Yah, right.

Captain

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 0-2 Knights

Perhaps a meaningless game as both teams sit near the bottom, but I think both teams will agree, if it hasn't already been said(sarcy), Dante is well past it!! I think both teams did well not to lose it on him, but he really needs to hang them up and retire! Our first goal came from a brilliant pass from moi, though replays may have shown it to be offside or very close. Our second goal was a shot from moi again(toot toot) from about the 30 which the keeper (not Franks-obviously) let slip through. Gives me 8 on the season and I'm well chuffed! Tuesday in Seattle is looking well fine. C u cnuts there-IN RED!!:D

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 3 Rangers 1

Another solid team performance again last night with the good guys prevailing in a 3-1 win. Magical finish by the Bic Mac Daddy with a 20 yard laser to the top corner. Entertaining game to play in with lots of end to end action.
Walks did a good job in the middle of the park last night. Glad to see that we (myself, Mac and Walks) were able to forget about the past and just play. My only question to Walks is how couldn't you have thrown Chaisson off the park last night for his verbal barage on you? We've been sent off this summer for substantially milder offences.:confused:
Anyhow, wish Club I could've pulled out the victory last night:(
I wish I could be part of the Club I - Delta rematch next week but another commitment calls. Don't worry Delta lads I've left the beer duties in good hands - the Big Ern will be supplying the Sleeman's:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0