Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was painful to watch the blaze beat us last night. They deserved the win and simply wanted it more than some of the lads playing for Club I last night. Too bad we couldn't field a better squad but it is Summer league after all. Regardless the beer tasted the same and the shoe laces and man cities at Earls were TRE-MEN-DOUS

Parkheadwhowishedhecouldhaveplayedlastnight

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was really painful was having to watch DITH having the better of some of our players.

We were really bad in the second half. Half the players were flatter than a witches tit. Shoc-king.

Kept waiting for the blaze to do something stupid,get a handful of reds and us to come back with 5 goals. Still waiting.

Well deserved Blaze but the season is not over yet.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Idiots 3
Imports 0

An impressive performance by the lads tonite. Where was this all year!? Sadly too little, too late for RUFC.
Dirty daddy with an impressive toe mengy to cap it off.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 3-3 Bingers

Apart from the Knights missing a penalty in the 1st half and aswell a sitter right infront of goal in the 85th minute mark due to a horendous mix-up between Bingers defenders, the game always had tie written all over it. South Memorial has recently had a few truck loads of sand dumped over it, so 75% of the playing surface is similar to beach soccer.- Just terrible!! Won't mind the trip to Association Park next week.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you to they boys at Delta United for helping us out.
Well done 4stgmp, Millhouse , Crafty et al.

BLaze 2 - Rangers 2

Rangers scored on the Last kick of the game on a free kick.

Sidewinder the season is not quite over yet.;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good to me. shall we set up a beer garden and arrange a food stand. I'm thinking 5.00 a head. It would be probably be more entertaining than a Whitecaps game. We could easily sell better food. It will defintely be a good night. We will have cooler in hand and bug spray as well after our last experience there. Might even bring the bbq, problem is we got to the Loops on the next day, so guys may want to take it easy :rolleyes: NOT!

On a more serious note. If we are tied at end of year is there a tiebreak. Goal difference or Goals for or whatever?

Hopefully we get some referees who are in better shape than Walks was last night. I got drunk on the fumes that seemed to be coming off him before the game. He was in rough shape after his Manchester United Experience. Last night he did ref like an old man apparently. nice tight circle 5 yaRDS around the center circle. All over the middle pitch he was i've been told.:D

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
However bad Walks was he was way better than old Dante was last night. Thats twice wehave had the old guy in one week!

This is the wrong thread but at least our div 2 team won last night.I will post later there

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2-2 Knights

Lovely field, lovely evening and an even more lovely Knights first goal:D Delta, who have been on a tear of late, may or may not feel a bit lucky to come away with a point as Knights continue to finish the more difficult one's, yet have troubles with the sitters! "We do it to ourselves we do, and that's what really hurts" Any word on the big 3? (Rangers vs Richmond, Club I vs Imports and Bingers vs Blaze)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from Steves.....

Binger's 1 Blaze 1

Club I 5 Imports 2

Club I were in control through most of the game with the exception of a 10 minute spell at the end of the first and second half. It was 5 - 0 at one point. Some very nice goals by both teams.

Congrats to the Blaze for winning the money. I believe they won by a single point, a point that Club Ireland would have made up last week if the league didn't make both teams play on the same night.

:mad:

A sweep would have been a shite load of beer money. As it stands, we will have to live with the $400.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain;

Don't forget there is more $ up for cup play. Don't plan the party yet we could make it even finer,

Congrats to the Blaze on pipping us for div.1. They took advantage of the breaks and good luck to them for doing so.

Next year could be interesting; 2 teams in div. 1 and our under 21's in div.2,Thats a potential $1400.00 in the kitty.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta 2-2 Knights

Originally posted by Inspector Blake
Delta, who have been on a tear of late, may or may not feel a bit lucky to come away with a point

The answer to that is "may not". Being up 2-1 late in the second half, and looking like we had the game in the bag, we gave up a very bad goal for you to tie it up. We had more than enough opportunities to finish it off, but we didn't. :(

Well done to you guys for sticking to the task at hand and getting a well earned point. - Good luck in the playoffs.

Cheers

P.S. - Word to the wise, for what it is worth. Anybody currently playing in this league who has played pro or semi pro shouldn't be spouting it off to the other team during a game. That is definetely uncalled for and totally unprofessional...:eek:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
" I DOUBT IT "

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
I believe they won by a single point, a point that Club Ireland would have made up last week if the league didn't make both teams play on the same night. :mad:

Would of, or could of...?:confused:

Cheers..:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being up 2-1 late in the second half, and looking like we had the game in the bag, we gave up a very bad goal for you to tie it up.
Considering you had the man advantage, it was a very bad goal indeed. :p

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we gave up a bad goal for you to tie it
Whenever is it not a bad goal when you give 1 up?-It's always the case, isn't it? The fact that it was scored inside the 90 min. with a man down says it all. We had 2 goal mouth scrambles that we failed miserably to convert with 1 of them being trapped between your keepers legs on the line when it would've/should've been easier to pot!! We gave our guy the gears afterwards for that miss! Then the one where are guy rounded your keeper in the first half with the whole net, but somehow mis-cued. Your second goal came from an off-side clearly, which myself and your left back-(perhaps yourself), had a laugh at, as it was that obvious to him as well. These are the reasons I feel that perhaps we were a tad bit unlucky with the single point. As for the comment about the semi pro bit,"GORDON BENNETT", that was a wind up after his hurtful comment towards myself referring that I'd never played the game! Have him take a close look at the replay of our first goal and then have him ask me that question again!:cool: For what it's worth your team is quality on and off and if you've read my posts in the past I'm very critical of our team. We've been lucky on many occasions and I've always said so when we have, but last night was a rare occasion where I felt the 3 points were there for us, but we only took the 1..:( A sincere good luck in the play-offs and hope to meet again.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bang On Inspector...

Originally posted by Inspector Blake
Your second goal came from an off-side clearly, which myself and your left back-(perhaps yourself), had a laugh at, as it was that obvious to him as well.

Always good to put a name to a face... ;)

Cheers

Craftytheinfamousleftback..:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
after his hurtful comment towards myself referring that I'd never played the game! Have him take a close look at the replay of our first goal and then have him ask me that question again!
Anyone who scores a goal like that is obviously new to the game. Beginner's luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0