Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why I hate the Leafs....

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grimm,

Flashback.....Quoted by you...............

As for the marquis Indo/Clan matchup... it won't even be close. Clan by a landslide. Look for the mighty Khalsa to take it all.

Your history of predicting games has not really been the greatest:rolleyes: If you're picking Toronto, I'll pick Philly................Further, I appreciate your keen interest on the date of births of our team, but once again you are wrong.

Fcukin tool

Sandmanwhohatesguyshidingbehindthieralias

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the leafs can get by Philly presuming they end up playing eachother there is a good chance they will end up playing for the Stanley Cup. They have three bonafide superstars in Mats Sundin, Alexander Mogilny and Owen Nolan. 3 Guys that can individually dominate Hockey Games. A goalie who if he can recover from the previous nights binge can carry a team to the cup. He has done it before and he still has a bit left in him no matter what anybody says.

You guys bash the aquisition of Dougy Gilmour and Phil Housley but these were huge pick-ups for the leafs.Besides Theodore, Doug Gilmour's importance in getting Montreal to the playoffs last year was overshadowed by Saku Koivu's return. He guided the team through the first round and scored some big goals. He will play 10-15 minutes a game in Toronto and will be a huge boost on and off the ice. Housley is recovering from an injury but is a great powerplay guy. He will takeaway a few minutes from Mcabe and Svehla giving them some rest and allow Toronto to not have to rely on the puck handling ability of Jerkme Lumme.

The rest of the lineup is pretty solid, with a good mix on all four lines. They have the toughness if needed and even if Ottawa has owned them all year they havent done sweet fcuk all in the playoffs.

Only if they can beat Philly.It will be Tough.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 bonafide stars

Wholly crap Apprentice that sounded like a quote from Don Cherry who also thinks TO is the centre of the universe.

Unfortunately having 3 bonafide stars means shite. Look where the Rangers are with the likes of Bure, Lindros, Holik, Kovalev, Nedved. Trying to eek their way into the playoffs.
I must admit though, Sundin is on a tear scoring goals, with 1 in his last 7 games. Getting ready for the playoffs I'm sure.

Sometimes having to many big names can screw up chemistry on the team part of the reason Burke was unwilling to make a deal. And also because he can't afford to make any.

As said by BMac on Sports page last night "If the trade gods are with us, with the Leafs spending $13Million in trades, here's hoping they go down in the first round."

Where does a Canadian team get that kind of money to throw around.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's their year.....

Yodsy,

Three bonafide stars - Sundin, Nolan and occasionally Almo

Three bonafide posers - Bure, Nedved and Lindros

I'll take character over flair anyday. Right now, the Buds' dressing room is overflowing with it......

Go Leafs Go!

Buckfast

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Leafs are much better for this. I really like the Gilmour trade. He's old, he's creaky, he's lost his speed, his hair is going grey...where was I going with this???

Oh yeah, what he lacks in zip, he more than makes up for in experience, and heart. He'll get some rest leading up to the playoffs, and then should be able to turn on the switch for a great playoff contribution. One last Regsy kick at the can.

As much as I hate the Leafs, I love Dougie Gilmour. Besides, wouldn't a 'Nucks - Leafs final be great? :D

Two words: Bed-lam.:D

Nine more words: K-N-V-B is a Va-gi-na.:eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as we'd all like to see the HABS hoist the cup for the 25th time it seems as if the Leafs have what it takes to win the East and fair well against any western conference team. After the Red Wings and a cujo dinner taught the leafs a lesson last month they had to go out and get much better, which they did. I personally hate the leafs but there is a buzz about this team similar to the Red Wings of last year, a good overal team that if they can put things together have a good shot at the cup.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
These guys still suck

Bucky - what the hell is wrong with the air down there ?

Gilmour - character ?? - why don't you ask his old mentally "challenged" babysitter from St. Louis about what a quality fellow this bastard is

And bonafide stars ?? - Mogilny's a floater and Nolan is flying on adrenaline right now but the best days are behind him - especially now with this group of has-beens. I'll give you Sundin, the ugly swedish sod that he is....

Great trades ? Old Housley was quarterbacking that 30th ranked PP in Chicago with clear displays of brilliance. Wesley is finished and Gilmour is, plain and simple, just a retard fcuker !

Domi....seen that guys head up close in the Roxy - bloody pumkpinhead...it'll be good to see him and the other empty skull knuckle dragger brashear beating the crap outta each other.

Flyers/Leafs - this series is unavoidable for both. I hate the Flyers too, but I will be cheering for them for the first time ever. If they get LeClair and Gagne back healthy, this one is over in 5 games.

Belfour will bottle it too....literally....and I'll join in with him to celebrate another non cup run for the leafs

Nothing better than the CBC building up these guys and watching them go down - they always have their constant whining in full gear

All the teams and the people that fill that town can kiss my ass.

Can't wait until Saturday when the 'nucks skate circles around these clowns again.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here, Here

Downtown, well said... The Leafs were and still are over-rated by the ever so clever dynamic duos of Cheery/MaClean and Cole/Neale (AKA Tub o' Goo) CBC brainwashing wanks... Class is something they don't lack, they have plenty of it, just too bad it is scraped from the bottom of their egocentric arses!!!:rolleyes:

As much as I follow and support most things Canadian, these guys make me sick... They are more like Americans than... well Yanks!!! Self absorbed hogtown losers with less success in making it to the Cup final than the Nucks since their expansion in 1970...

I almost like Detroit more than this other bunch of old age pensioners!!! ALMOST???:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-1-1

Can't wait until Saturday when the 'nucks skate circles around these clowns again.
Again?

The leafs will be out faster than Cherry can plant a wet one on Gilmour again.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate the leafs sooo much. I hope like hell theydon't get by the Flyers in the first round.

God,
Please don't let them get by the first round. I would evn be happy if the Canucks lost in round 1 as long as the leafs are out too.

Have i said how much I hate Leafs yet. I hate th e friggin leaf logo. I hate there blue and white colors. I hate there weasely Captain Mats( your mommy's calling) Sundin. I hate Belfour( that TV throwing Alkie freak) . I hate Tickle Me ALMO, I really hate the brothers in law Tucker and Corson. My god, i hate Domi so much( friggin cro magnon man, putting the theory of evolution in Question)). I hate Pat Quinn, I hate then I hate them I hate them. I hate the jersey wearing leaf fans at Nucks games.( GO BACK TO TORONTO). I hate their stupid A.C.C. I hate the fact that those morons on CBC love then so much. ( Monday Night Bonus Coverage, Stupid 4pm start time in Vancouver) The only thing I like about the leafs is that their so old 1/2 there team qualifies for old age pensions and in a year or 3 they will Suck. I loved the leafs in the 80's under Ballard. Crap team after Crap team. Oh god those were the days.

sorry needed to vent.( I really Hate the Leafs)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who?Where?What do i need to do to get it.

That could be the greatest Magazine of all time.

I hate that idiot Trevor Kidd too, and quite frankly Ken Dryden ssucks. I'll give them GIlmour, Him I like , but at 112 years old he helps them be crappy down the road.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilmour's career is finished but at least he finished one of those cnut leafs. That must have made him happy.

Hopefully May can send Sundin looking for mommy's Campbell soup tommorrow

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor leafs!!!!

From Squires mouth:::

Killer Gilmour hurt his knee and returned home.

Mogilny has left the team for personal reasons.

FUKC THE LEAFS!!!!!!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can throw Gary Roberts into the mix of walking wounded Leafs. He's on the same flight home as Dougie. From TSN.ca -

VANCOUVER (CP) - Doug Gilmour flew back to Toronto on Friday to get his injured left knee examined by doctors. Gritty winger Gary Roberts was on the same flight.

Gilmour was just over a period into his much-anticipated return to the Maple Leafs on Thursday night when he collided with Calgary Flames forward Dave Lowry and injured his left knee. Gilmour, who starred with the Leafs from 1992 to '97, crawled back to the bench and didn't return. He left the arena on crutches.

"I don't like what I'm hearing,'' Leafs coach and GM Pat Quinn, referring to Gilmour's injury, said after the 4-3 overtime loss in Calgary.

There's concern that Gilmour's career could be over if there is serious ligament damage to the knee. Gilmour, traded from Montreal on Tuesday, has indicated he will probably retire after this season.

Roberts left Monday's game against the Edmonton Oilers with a strain to his lower body and was a scratch in Thursday's game against the Flames.

Toronto was missing right-winger Alexander Mogilny in Thursday's game as well, who was given permission to leave the team to attend to a personal matter. Mogilny's agent, JP Barry, told TSN on Friday that he left due to a family illness and that he has returned home to Toronto. He plans to rejoin the team on Monday.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Down they go !!

Some of the best news we've had in a few weeks.
Bye bye Leafs.
Time to crack a beer and get ready fro tomorrow's 5-0 drubbing by the Canucks over these losers. Go to hell Cherry...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0