Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie it is way to early to say who will be there at the end. Metro Ford will give it all they have. They are not as strong as last year. Delta is not out of it yet. Clubs get one or two yips per season and then they pick it up. It's teams like Croatia, North Van and Sapperton that will make some clubs spin their heads. Miller is out with Croatia taking pictures again look out guys. All three have young teams. After chistmas you will see. I still say Columbus will be there. West Van is an old team. Second half you will see them slide a bit. It will be last two games of the season that will tell it all.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My name is Craig Richards and I have an anger management problem! I am the coach of Columbus and would like to clarify a few things:
WC

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9sE55QzXlo&feature=related"]YouTube- Funniest Scene In Anger Management "I Feel Pretty"[/ame]

WC is not angry, he is pretty.

Good luck Eggy, coaching is the toughest job in soccer.

hos

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,
My bad for forgetting that what you saw and what you heard must be exactly what happened...it slipped my mind that you are a referee as well!

Your spot right behind the assistant must have provided a better view than TK taking the kick who swears it was a hand ball...and even if it hit him in the head, I believe the 2 yds of encroachment is worth a yellow card and a re-take (not 100% sure because I am not a referee)

Not once did I claim that my actions were responsible for our result and i did not snap to motivate the team. If some of the players saw that I care enough about them getting a fair shake on the field and it led them to play a bit better, it was a bonus.

Also, I do not "hope to get breaks from officials in future games"...all I want is what I think everyone in the league wants...good officials that facilitate a competitive game that can be decided by the players, not insecure and incompetent officials who fancy the spotlight and impact results! I know mistakes can happen but not knowing what colour the half way line is is unacceptable!

Hi CJ...I learned the f-bomb from Wattsy at the Cenral Washington game in '93!!!
WC

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect to the ref's in this league, I think most if not all teams will agree that the ref's and linesmen have gotten progressively worse over the last two years. Not sure if it is due to Joe Branco and his ref training which clearly is not working.

There is no accountability in this league for ref's. I will agree that the job is difficult and ref's are usually in a no win situation but I think over the years the new crop of ref's and linesmen are worse than before. I don't blame WC for throwing a rant b/c there has to be accountability which there is not. Instead the players go to the stupid thursday night hearings and listen to a ref report and have no defense. The committee act, who acts as if they are "king shite" will give you more games if you defend your actions. So stupid but that is how it is. In the end, they protect the ref's and the players are the ones that get punished. Nobody likes to hear f-bombs thrown their way so I understand that. But during games players need to be protected against stupid tackles and not worry about having officials influence the game.

The players are not professionals...they don't get paid to do this..they do this for the love of the game and want a competitive game where the ref does not decide the outcome. The ref's on the other hand get paid...$50 or $60 dollars a game. Not bad for 90 minutes of work. Therefore, they need to be accountable. The problem is there are not enough good ref's in the community so I am not sure of the solution. Walks..please come back :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska 1 Canada 0 in a friendly match.
Macedonia 3 Canada 0 in a friendly match.
I saw both games on TV. And it is clear that our foot skill is way down. We need a better level of development for our youth. Select soccer just does not cut it. Our kids are two steps behind in first tatch and last tatch. We turn the ball over far tomany times to be able to play with the best or second best. Both Poland and Macedonia are out of Fifa World cup stage. I truly hope that White Caps and Montreal and Ottawa and Linx, Halifaxand Victoria and Edmonton and Calgary,Kelowna start a new Canadian Div two soccer league. With out it it is all just for fun. It is no dam fun to watch us lose to countries smaller than Vancouver Island. Changes are needed and soon.
Just maybe Azzi is Ok he said it once. I am not coaching there is no worry. Kick the dam ball. Who cares who gets it beer tastes good just the same.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base,

95% of your post is off-topic.

I will start deleting your posts from this point forward (time permitting) that do not fit into a current discussion.

Cheers,

Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS!

All,

Please stop posting asking Mr. Base to stop posting, you're only inviting a response. It's so fcuking bloody obvious, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

His and any other off topic posts will be deleted as soon as they're read, honest. Further crap posted in here and there will be a few TTP time outs handed out.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect to the ref's in this league, I think most if not all teams will agree that the ref's and linesmen have gotten progressively worse over the last two years. Not sure if it is due to Joe Branco and his ref training which clearly is not working.

There is no accountability in this league for ref's. I will agree that the job is difficult and ref's are usually in a no win situation but I think over the years the new crop of ref's and linesmen are worse than before. I don't blame WC for throwing a rant b/c there has to be accountability which there is not. Instead the players go to the stupid thursday night hearings and listen to a ref report and have no defense. The committee act, who acts as if they are "king shite" will give you more games if you defend your actions. So stupid but that is how it is. In the end, they protect the ref's and the players are the ones that get punished. Nobody likes to hear f-bombs thrown their way so I understand that. But during games players need to be protected against stupid tackles and not worry about having officials influence the game.

The players are not professionals...they don't get paid to do this..they do this for the love of the game and want a competitive game where the ref does not decide the outcome. The ref's on the other hand get paid...$50 or $60 dollars a game. Not bad for 90 minutes of work. Therefore, they need to be accountable. The problem is there are not enough good ref's in the community so I am not sure of the solution. Walks..please come back :)

Yah, it's a fantastic rate. Let's for a 6:00 game in White Rock.........Leave my house at 5:00 and get home at 8:30) 3.5 hours.......

60 dividied by 3.5 is $17.14 per hour. Now, let's calculate the gas into the equation. Gas to White Rock......anyway, you're argument is moot when you look at this. I forgot to mention the amount of abuse that refs take from players WHO USUALLY DON'T KNOW THE LAWS OF THE GAME CORRECTLY. I love it when players scream "OBSTRUCTION" ref.......:rolleyes: or my personal favorite "Yah, but he gained an advantage when the ball hit his hand" FFS.......:rolleyes:

Beli Orlovi

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to soccer, it looks like a real landmark season for the Premier Division. Big fight for all and should be a great finish. My pick is West Van for a double. Too much experience, too much class and too much skill. With all the university players bolstering their ranks like young Baessato from SFU and the young Persian wunderkind from Cap they will have the legs to carry them through winter again.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

West Van FC ‘A’
ICST Pegasus

Norvan Pacific “A”
Rich FC Hibernians ‘A’

Surrey Utd Firefighters
ICSF Inter

Delta United
Croatia SC

Westside FC ‘A
Sapperton Rovers

Columbus FC
Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves

Goodluck.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2 West Side 1. Sapperton needs a win.
Richmond vs North Van Tie.
CroatiaSC vs Delta tie.
Inter 2 to 1 over Surrey.
Pegs 1 West Van one as long as Pegs do not play offside trap. Reedie knows the system.
Columbus 1 Metro Ford 1.

browncrow

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
as much as it pains me to say this i see little issue with the refs. the level they are at is relatively the same as the level of play and coaching. they suck as bad as most players in the league who can't trap or pass a ball correctly. they don't understand the game just as much as most players and coaches don't understand how to create and shift space. they don't understand the angles and movements the same way most players and coaches don't. raise the level of players and coaching and the level of reffing will get better.

this is an amateur league with amateur ref's, and amateur people in charge in every way, what more do you expect.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To coment on your post. It is simple. One United league. The best will be the best. It is on the way. Start in May finish in November. All in BC are United. Amature vs professinal money no money.In my opinion fitness is a bigger factor and strength is a bigger factor.
A league needed in Western Canada for our kids to develop faster.
Refs are not to blame. They are more friends than refs. Pay them $100.00 a game and move them around lower mainlad. In orther that the team does not see a same ref in premier game or same AR more than once. That is Professinal in an amature form. Again it is money problem.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To coment on your post. It is simple. One United league. The best will be the best. It is on the way. Start in May finish in November. All in BC are United. Amature vs professinal money no money.In my opinion fitness is a bigger factor and strength is a bigger factor.
A league needed in Western Canada for our kids to develop faster.
Refs are not to blame. They are more friends than refs. Pay them $100.00 a game and move them around lower mainlad. In orther that the team does not see a same ref in premier game or same AR more than once. That is Professinal in an amature form. Again it is money problem.

We should have a super league maybe call it the BCPL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
as much as it pains me to say this i see little issue with the refs. the level they are at is relatively the same as the level of play and coaching. they suck as bad as most players in the league who can't trap or pass a ball correctly. they don't understand the game just as much as most players and coaches don't understand how to create and shift space. they don't understand the angles and movements the same way most players and coaches don't. raise the level of players and coaching and the level of reffing will get better.

this is an amateur league with amateur ref's, and amateur people in charge in every way, what more do you expect.

Are you Pele, Jose Mourinho, and Pierluigi Collina wrapped into one? You must be amazing at all three. :thumbup:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah, it's a fantastic rate. Let's for a 6:00 game in white rock.........leave my house at 5:00 and get home at 8:30) 3.5 hours.......

60 divided by 3.5 is $17.14 per hour. Now, let's calculate the gas into the equation. Gas to white rock......anyway, your argument is moot when you look at this. I forgot to mention the amount of abuse that refs take from players who usually don't know the laws of the game correctly. I love it when players scream "obstruction" ref.......:rolleyes: Or my personal favorite "yah, but he gained an advantage when the ball hit his hand" ffs.......:rolleyes:

:d :d

FCN

Jan 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions: Richmond will get their much needed win. I ve heard that Ren and Owen will be there. Glad they didn t go elsewhere. That should help them in the attack and play in the oppositions half of the field and take the pressure of the backs who have for the most part been good with the exception of the one side. Place E and Chase in the mix with those two and you have a recipe for creativity, goals and entertaining football.....Good Luck!

Jun 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The premier season this year has been great so far.

It is a shame that the Premier league will be broken up next year...will be interesting to see where some of the suitcases end up!

browncrow

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you Pele, Jose Mourinho, and Pierluigi Collina wrapped into one? You must be amazing at all three. :thumbup:

all i'm trying to say is that everything is relative. the refs are as good as their training and knowledge of the game. that can be said for both players and coaches, and i think we can all agree the level isn't that high. yes there are good players and coaches, but the fact remains each team has about 1-3 good players who really understand the game 3-6 who can manage to not look too bad and the rest just fill in the space....not a diss, just the truth. the saddest fact is that most of the first group of players are in their 30's and on the way out of the league in the next few years.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some big suspensions handed out last night. Check the discipline report on the VMSL website. League coming down on verbal abuse on refs! No cards but multiple game suspensions.

What does it mean when a coach or manager gets suspended for a long period of time? Does that mean they have to coach from the other side of the fence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0