Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said Captain, you have your own opinions and that's fine but stop getting so caught up over details that don't directly relate to how the game was played. The referee is a grown man, I'm sure he's heard harsh words before..... now moving on

Okay, the game in the first half was scrappy and Richmond had the better chances by far. The behaviour of the coach was unacceptable and I hope he gets 10 games for it. Now, moving on.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will make a comment about the disgraceful behaviour on the Columbus sideline today. EVERY single opportunity to beak about something they did. One of the coaches will be facing a LENGTHY ban for his abusive language towards the ref. Honestly, it was disgraceful. I only saw the first half of the game.......that's how bad it was. :(
His behaviour is not surprising, he got away with abusing the AR during the game against Westside. He got in the ARs face, swore at him and told him to get his head out of his ass. The young AR was intimidated otherwise he would have reported the incident to the Ref and the coach would have been ejected. Had the Columbus coach been ejected he would have learned his lesson, but instead his behaviour got worse.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2-0 over Sap on Satuday at Queens Park Stadium. Sapp hit two goal posts, then Surrey scored a lucky goal at the 60 minute mark. Surrey scored its second ten minutes later. Smiley and Skinner played well for Surrey.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the game as well, and totally agree regarding the Columbus coach. Skill wise, Columbus is a better team. However, Club I effort was there on the day. I do not think that their team needs to be changed dramatically. Adding a player or two, plus a bit of luck and they will stay up.

thedrake

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
the columbus coach lost it yesterday no doubt, from what appears to have been weeks of pent up frustration. .. i.e. second week in a row, lino standing on the line 5 yards on the other side of center thinking it was the center line, thus not calling offside, leading to an opportunity (last week leading to a breakaway/goal) ... actions uncalled for nonetheless

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the columbus coach lost it yesterday no doubt, from what appears to have been weeks of pent up frustration. .. i.e. second week in a row, lino standing on the line 5 yards on the other side of center thinking it was the center line, thus not calling offside, leading to an opportunity (last week leading to a breakaway/goal) ... actions uncalled for nonetheless

That wasn't the case this week, thedrake..........maybe last week but not this week. Two very competent assistants and referee........

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the Richmond/Columbus game yesterday....In my opinon Richmond deserved better but TK and Deblasio bailed Columbus out.

As for the Columbus coach....he's lucky the ref had some patience, becauase the abuse he spewed at the official was pretty uncalled for. I guarantee if Miro was in the middle - the game would have been called and three points to Richmond.

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My name is Craig Richards and I have an anger management problem! I am the coach of Columbus and would like to clarify a few things:
PV- get your facts straight before you pop off about me learning a lesson. I didn't say a word to the lino last week (even though he allowed a 10 yd offside breakaway for the 2nd goal because he got the line colour confused)
Drake- i would agree that it was a build up of frustration from the past few weeks and our poor/inconsistent play of late combined with some glaringly poor officiating that led to my poor behaviour.
CS- if you thought that was a competent crew of officials, i should have told you to get your head out of your ass! We have a free kick at the top of the box and as TK whips it in, the lad in the wall encroaches 2 steps, jumps with his hand over his head, knocks the ball down with his elbow, and the resulting counterattack ends up in our net (nico of poli to slot it for you guys). Five minutes later, the richmond striker is lazy getting back and about 8 yds offside when the ball gets played through and the lino across from us stops, looks at the football lines, gets confused, and allows the breakaway to take place. Deja vu all over again but Lindley makes the save.
At this point the referee decides it is time to tell me to stop yelling at his assistant and i agree to it as long as he agrees to stop costing us goals and breakaways. He now attempts to tell me how to control my bench and myself and I tell him he needs to focus more on his performance and to stop impacting the outcome. He sends me off and I lose it. A flurry to the solar plexes is not an option so an outburst of f-bombs has to suffice. Our team decides to play it's most intense and committed 60 minutes of the season and scores 2 quality goals to secure the 3 points with me on the bleechers. Mission accomplished!
I figure after the miracle added time in the imperial cup final, the phantom pk's and red cards in the provincial cup, the volleyball spike for a goal against, and back to back "wrong line" breakaways, I deserved to let out a little frustration on an official!
The core of my frustration is the lack of accountability the referees have regarding their performance. Regardless of good or bad, they get to show up week after week and collect a paycheck and when they directly impact the outcome of games (not just our games), it is the coaches, staff, and players who volunteer their time who pay for it. Doesn't seem fair to me but I apparently have lessons to learn.
Well done lads and i'll be cheering from the stands next week!
WC

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are heating up. That's a good job by Reedies side. Tonight in the most miserable soccer pitch you can play in. North Van vs Croatia was actualy was a not bad game. Croatia outchanced North Van five to one yet the sore was 2 to 1 with two minutes left in the game for Croatia SC. If Croatia did win that was 3 big points. With a game in hand over some clubs.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
My name is Craig Richards and [size=+2]I have an anger management problem![/size] I am the coach of Columbus...

No excuses needed....Just address your problem get some help and don't coach and/or play until the problem is solved...GOOD LUCK Eggy.

PS. I stand correct to said that as a COACH you were suspended by BCSA, a few years back when you coached a women team in the Provincials.

Pac2010

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My name is Craig Richards and I have an anger management problem! I am the coach of Columbus and would like to clarify a few things:
PV- get your facts straight before you pop off about me learning a lesson. I didn't say a word to the lino last week (even though he allowed a 10 yd offside breakaway for the 2nd goal because he got the line colour confused)
Drake- i would agree that it was a build up of frustration from the past few weeks and our poor/inconsistent play of late combined with some glaringly poor officiating that led to my poor behaviour.
CS- if you thought that was a competent crew of officials, i should have told you to get your head out of your ass! We have a free kick at the top of the box and as TK whips it in, the lad in the wall encroaches 2 steps, jumps with his hand over his head, knocks the ball down with his elbow, and the resulting counterattack ends up in our net (nico of poli to slot it for you guys). Five minutes later, the richmond striker is lazy getting back and about 8 yds offside when the ball gets played through and the lino across from us stops, looks at the football lines, gets confused, and allows the breakaway to take place. Deja vu all over again but Lindley makes the save.
At this point the referee decides it is time to tell me to stop yelling at his assistant and i agree to it as long as he agrees to stop costing us goals and breakaways. He now attempts to tell me how to control my bench and myself and I tell him he needs to focus more on his performance and to stop impacting the outcome. He sends me off and I lose it. A flurry to the solar plexes is not an option so an outburst of f-bombs has to suffice. Our team decides to play it's most intense and committed 60 minutes of the season and scores 2 quality goals to secure the 3 points with me on the bleechers. Mission accomplished!
I figure after the miracle added time in the imperial cup final, the phantom pk's and red cards in the provincial cup, the volleyball spike for a goal against, and back to back "wrong line" breakaways, I deserved to let out a little frustration on an official!
The core of my frustration is the lack of accountability the referees have regarding their performance. Regardless of good or bad, they get to show up week after week and collect a paycheck and when they directly impact the outcome of games (not just our games), it is the coaches, staff, and players who volunteer their time who pay for it. Doesn't seem fair to me but I apparently have lessons to learn.
Well done lads and i'll be cheering from the stands next week!
WC

Just to clarify the bolded part. You were 60 yards behind your 'alleged' hand ball. I was on the line behind the assistant with 3 other gentlemen. The hand was in the air but it hit the lad in the back of the head. I asked the kid afterwards and he said it hit his head. You are way off there so your view from 60 yards down the field obviously wasn't the best.

Wrecking Crew, we obviously need people like yourself to referee because you seem to know it all even from 60 yards away. Until you've actually given it a try, it is very difficult to rip into someone who is well respected in the football community as a very competent official(Whistleblower).

I'm really glad your coaching 'strategy' of getting booted to the stands and for weeks to come appeared to work for you. It has nothing to do with the opposition in the second half at all. :rolleyes: BTW, that sort of thing works in basketball not soccer but if you think it worked well done. It didn't seem to please a couple of your players at the moment but what would I know. I was standing 10 yards away from it.

Good luck the rest of the season Wrecking Crew and I am pretty sure all the officials in the league will now give you every break you deserve. You guys are the most hard done by team in the world, not only the VMSL. I'm sure your actions will have every referee in the league looking forward to giving you breaks every chance they get.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the Richmond/Columbus game yesterday....In my opinon Richmond deserved better but TK and Deblasio bailed Columbus out.

As for the Columbus coach....he's lucky the ref had some patience, becauase the abuse he spewed at the official was pretty uncalled for. I guarantee if Miro was in the middle - the game would have been called and three points to Richmond.

YOu're right about that, Sandman........that's what had to be said in order for the coach to actually stop.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh by the way, Wrecking Crew, you didn't get 'tossed' until you threw 3 F-bombs at the ref so once again you're slightly off with your facts.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
With over 13,000 posts I think the Captain has already made any open thread his playground :rolleyes:

Hi Captain!!! :D:D:D

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week9

Metro Ford 3 SUFF 0

Yes, MFord is right there as well.

Almost at the half way point and most would predict those 3 teams (WVAN, MFORD, Surrey) will finish top 3 in some order, leaving the fourth slot for the "coveted BCPL" open as a battle for the rest of the league. 3 points for a win is massive, so you cannot really say any team is out of the hunt at this time...find a way to string a few wins together and you're back in the mix because the standings are so tight.

As for our game, a lot of rain, wind, and cold temperatures made it very tough on the players all game (a spare goal blew onto the field at one point and one of the actual goals blew off the line during the game!). We scored early on after another 25 yd. rocket by Meysam and then we absorbed a lot of pressure by Delta trying to tie it up, especially in the 2nd half...they had a lot of the possession but we did not stop battling and had 2 counterattack breakaway misses. There were 2 brilliant blocked Delta shots in very dangerous positions by Bahia and Carlos that saved the 3 points for us. Other than that, I can't recall more than 1-2 clear cut scoring chances for Delta...even so, GK Andy was still our man of the match, as he was huge on crosses (including about 20 cornerkicks) and sliding out to pick up through balls that were skidding dangerously through...he owned the box. Delta is a very tough veteran team, so this was obviously a great result for us.

On to the class of the league, Wvan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0