Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] November Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Scottyshell!! Way overdue by the sounds of it.Could have used a header for the young Storm team today!! Dominating,just not finishing.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4 Surrey 2

We did have most of the play and missed some good chances to put it away early. The two goals Surrey scored were gift wrap and goals "Yours Truly" will brag about to his hockey moms. Frank and Vito were solid in the middle of the park and Kevin with a huge goal again. Take the 3 points and move on playing some other Italian team at the bottom of the table.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4 Surrey 2

We did have most of the play and missed some good chances to put it away early. The two goals Surrey scored were gift wrap and goals "Yours Truly" will brag about to his hockey moms. Frank and Vito were solid in the middle of the park and Kevin with a huge goal again. Take the 3 points and move on playing some other Italian team at the bottom of the table.

Funny the difference in opinion. I wasn't there so I can't comment but I do believe Reg's has shown to have the most "realistic" views on these matters. I will take his word over yours if that is OK. Putting it away early reminds me of what we should have done to you last year in the semi's before you took over in the second half. Point here is the next time we play will be a great match.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp, Wick, heck Westside isn't too far out of that relegation mix. Who knows, SU and WV aren't too far ahead, either.

I know 5 teams on the 2nd tier side that are lucky they are where they are. We're 3-0 on turf and off of Sapp Park for the rest of the season. If we played PCOV on turf and with a full squad, I could see a 7-1 scoreline with Sapp scoring all 8.

2007 Beer Bowl Champs.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, we won and thats all that matters!

Of course that is all that matters and to think we aren't disappointed to losing to you again would be a lie. If we lost and were outplayed, we would need to adjust our expectations for the season. So the comments need to be realistic. I honestly can say that we have a squad that can admit when we are outplayed and get on with it. We have won or tied a couple this year where we were a bit lucky. Read the previous posts and you will see that was stated.

You ask where I was? I was working Sarge. Not taking your bait today.;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course that is all that matters and to think we aren't disappointed to losing to you again would be a lie. If we lost and were outplayed, we would need to adjust our expectations for the season. So the comments need to be realistic. I honestly can say that we have a squad that can admit when we are outplayed and get on with it. We have won or tied a couple this year where we were a bit lucky. Read the previous posts and you will see that was stated.

This is true with most teams. I felt SU stole one from Sapp at the beginning of the year. Same can be said about the WS and WV games. A couple bad PK calls hurt us as well. But we took one from PCOV.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballboy maybe you and SCK should hang out! I guess that long ball you guys play all the time is what you call playing soccer.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballboy maybe you and SCK should hang out! I guess that long ball you guys play all the time is what you call playing soccer.

Get some class and post something concrete like someone who has a concept of what is happening outside your mythical world. Two "gift wrapped" goals? Why don't you describe your team's great creativity in scoring their goals?:rolleyes: The teams in our league deserve respect no matter the result. What I get from you is an adolescent approach to a game played by adults. You obviously have some issues with issues.

Grow up little boy!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Take the 3 points and move on playing some other Italian team at the bottom of the table."

Funny you should mention our upcoming game. How quickly you forget the first one. Have some balls and admit to it being a close one. I am sure that you are dreaming of some lopsided score....Don't think it will happen. As for criticizing our overall points I don't believe we have been outplayed as of yet...maybe Sapp but that's it. See you Sunday whether or not you are on or off the field piccolo. That's small in Italian for you Ballbaby.
SCK

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I missing something:confused: There are 6 teams behind us and we have 1-2 games on them.

No, there is 1 team (Wicks) behind you and games-in-hand don't help unless you get the points. Remember Sapp still has one more game against you. The other side sucks and only Crac or MF will be relegated from that side.

It's time to push the league for a 10 team Premier on one table. Do next year what the Premier open is doing this year; 3 relegated, only 1 comes up.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still don't follow you. Even if 3 go down, it is the bottom three in the whole league, not 2 from A side and 1 from B; so wouldn't Firemen (as per current standings) be the third team going down? And, I didn't hear that this was happening, but I am not in the league planning loop. All that said, it isn't our intention to lose to Wickham or Sapperton, or anyone else:cool:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that will be decided about the same time as the Cup allocations are decided.... I guess we will start playing for keeps a little earlier if it is 3.

poggieandproud

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman, if you guys are going to play for keeps a little ealier, then do you team a favor and stay away from the pitch. That way FF's will have a chance

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Washing the truck, and walking the dog? Cooking a pot of chilli?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Balls, life just isn't the same since Lisa left town. Have you had any luck in finding a new coffee shop that measures up, sort of speak, to beans-n-babes?

Back to your Masters talk. 15 months and 7 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0