Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] November Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, I consider myself playing in the developement league as I'm still too young for the Master's. I'll be in the Master's next year though!:eek:

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 2 - Inter 1, great game according to the large teenage fan support at Griffin Community Center. Anti Fan himself ventured down out of the tree fort with a WildCat and expressed admiration in Wickham's continued strong play -- Top 10 bound this week for sure.

Lingered too long over Limoncello at Mangia and Bevi and missed the WVFC/PCOV tilt. Probably just as well, judging by the lack of posts their cars are probably trapped again by local flooding.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say a great game by any means. We were awful. We were short staffed in the middle of the park and they took it to us in the second. We really should have been up a few by half...including a spotter by yours truly. Wickham work hard. That's it.
Hope we can regroup in a few weeks against Columbus.
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 2 PCOV 1 tonight at Ambleside.

No idea where the Audi is, as Sir M went off dancing with a pretty girl.

Will need to regroup in the morning.

Big time.

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, I consider myself playing in the developement league as I'm still too young for the Master's. I'll be in the Master's next year though!

Does this mean you have a chance at the special olymic provincials next year? Perhaps you could sign a ringer like Team Starter who will accuse everybody of being cheaters & then start taking the piss out of his own team mates like the schlump that he is??

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK... "Missing a man in the middle?" Does that mean you were only missing one guy and still had 19 there? Is it just me or is WVFC short staffed and shite? Each time i watch them they usually maybe 2 subs and the opposite team has about 10. Is there a signing restiriction in West van? INter last weak had an offense and a defense looked like a lions game and tonight PCOV had subs standing from Cactus club to the Beach house in Horse shoe bay? Anyways decent game PCOV came out strong but after first 20 i thought WV settled and started to carry the play. Wv with the three points fair result. the man in the middle was F.....ing shocking and should not ref at this level. An embarrasment either way. Other than the bad calls; if you can not keep up with the play in the over 35's maybe try fusbol, the players don't over lap as much.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One tooth:

I think it was SCK himself that previously commented on the official to which you refer (this guy now that I think of it is the referee that got our midfielder suspended for three games last year for wearing six studs on turf). It must have been a tough pedal back up to the treefort from Ambleside last night.

Almost all uphill.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this mean you have a chance at the special olymic provincials next year? Perhaps you could sign a ringer like Team Starter who will accuse everybody of being cheaters & then start taking the piss out of his own team mates like the schlump that he is??

At least conductor is a man of his words, he doesn't start something and then run off to play with vinny's leftover scraps. (rock star)Capt morgan your a jeeeeerrrrrrrk.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M. You are correct same ref ( I use the term loosely)

I believe West van had more guys on granville last night than they usually have at training, it was a sham DV couldn't make it out, but I think he had to go home early and explain how he lost so much money in the change room.

Poker is such a great game ;)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
AntiFan. I meant we missed two of our quality players in the middle. You would have noticed them. Trust me... Take your points now. They don't come easy. Your field sucks BTW. Regs et al. complain about Burnaby but Griffin is not much better. Really.
As for WV not having subs, Sir M. runs a tight bench. He is a very demanding coach from what I hear. He even is more demanding in the nightclub. Hmm..

Refereeing? We had Rene who did a fine job I thought last night. Although, I thought he missed a PK in the first half for us. It just depends who you have on a given day. They can change the outcome of a game in a matter of minutes. And, that is just wrong. Plain and simple. Off next week but we'll train hard and get ready for Columbus in the best part of town.
SCK

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, why is it every time you guys get beat you are complaining that the ref missed a pk. What a joke! Without Nick D in the middle of the park you guys are an average team. You sound like a biatch everytime you post after your games. blah blah blah
"YOURS TRULY"

Sep 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least conductor is a man of his words, he doesn't start something and then run off to play with vinny's leftover scraps. (rock star)Capt morgan your a jeeeeerrrrrrrk.

good one....I've never been a man of my words,...conductor running off...not in some sort of toxic shock, like osoyoos, leftovers??? Scraps? SWAT team took care of that you underage WannabeNelly

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 3
MetroFord 1

Good game, started off pretty slow paced with MetroFord opening the scoring when a corner drifted straight into the top corner at the back stick :eek:

Seemed to wake us up a bit and we notched the equalizer before half off of a corner.

Second half our fitness seemed to take over :rolleyes: and we were rewarded with 2 goals.

Francis did a bang-up job for them between the pipes I thought with sure-hands and good distribution not seen since his Newton baseball days behind the plate :D

Next up for BRM is Columbus though it is scheduled for Riverway... don't think we will be playing this weekend...

Cheers,

Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see West Van vs Cracovia has been moved to 630 PM on Friday at BLSCW. It should be fun getting over the bridge in time for that one.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost a tough one to Sapp today - two long balls in the wind and they put them in ... too bad they played someone that was on the suspended list :) - over to you Azzi

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost a tough one to Sapp today - two long balls in the wind and they put them in ... too bad they played someone that was on the suspended list :) - over to you Azzi
A bit confusing with regards to the suspended Sap player. I talked to Azzi and Carlos before the game and that suspension is for this weekend coming up. Since it was a long weekend and we played on the Monday, not Fri, Sat, or Sun, but the suspension list for the coming week comes out on the Monday, it made things (like this post) a little confusing.

In the end, 3 well earned and much needed points for Sap.

I still can't figure out why our goal in the 1st half was called back.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm....neither could the two players on our sideline (myself & Bruce G.)..but we were not calling the game and it was scored on us so....we didn't really care. On the suspension thing...our coach recieved an late night email informing us our player with 3 yellows could not play yesterday and if the list is checked the date is the same as your player.....another Azzism???? Like you Regs...our game is scheduled for the duck pond at South Memorial....anymore rain this week and we won't be playing either.

Cheers!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the suspension thing...our coach recieved an late night email informing us our player with 3 yellows could not play yesterday and if the list is checked the date is the same as your player.....another Azzism????
Cheers!

Azzism: Do what ever the beep he wants?

Are you talking about Jimmy? If so, wtf???????

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzism: Do what ever the beep he wants?

Are you talking about Jimmy? If so, wtf???????

Jimmy sat out because Azzi told us he had 3 yellows - otherwise he would have played and stopped both goals .... we should replay the game - as for the first half goal being called back your guy ran our keeper and put it in with his shoulder - Ang could have called either but it wasn't clear what he called -your guy cheated and it was a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0