Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] November Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Cheating' is a little harsh don't you think Taxman?

Let's keep that lingo and reserve it for your scungy clients' year end tax planning tactics.

That, and using this harsh terminology instead to describe how your Firm hires articling students by presenting offers to them in gift packs well before the matching process has officially begun.
It certainly ranks in the 'highly inappropriate' category if not the 'cheating' one.

Cheers,
RF

:D

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Cheating' is a little harsh don't you think Taxman?

Let's keep that lingo and reserve it for your scungy clients' year end tax planning tactics.

Cheers,
RF

:D

Cheating is what you do when you follow the Jenny Plan then go and grab a mittfull of your kids Halloween candy - that is cheating - as for the rest of your flabber - I have no idea what you are talking about - I thought this was a soccer site ?

poggieandproud

May 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxman,
I would say "cheating" is like what you do to the FF"s.You are taking away a spot on the team in which they could sign someone that has talent.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell: It is too early for the guys I guess..hey Colemanj, I guess your team won't be moving up anytime soon. 2-1 loss to PCOV.
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 4, Cracovia 2. We were actually down 2-1 with about 15 minutes to go despite a kind of domination, and some interesting calls by the official. For example the goal they scored when the ref did not indicate which team had the free kick, and as our guys lined up to take it for us after our player had been knocked down, the opposing team member stepped up and toed the ball forward...result: breakaway and goal, as everyone stood around dumbfounded. The second goal was not much better. My theory is the good officials are doing the Prem games on Friday nights, and we get this. Having said that, it is our own fault for not bagging a good half dozen early. At least we turned it up in the final 15.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 4 - MF 1

Pretty much over 10 minutes in with 2 quick goals. Kent Waechter with the hatty; one cannon of a volley for the 4th goal when the cross came down with icicles on it from Geoff Johnson. 4rd OG of the season for Sapp made it 2-1, but 2 quick one's by Kent finished it off. No scoring in the 2nd half.

Brutal tackles by BL of MF on BW of SAPP. WTF? I thought we were friends.

Side B must be relieved to finally once again be able to play against teams of their own calibre.

BTW, SAPP 'staches to continue to grow as long as the win streak continues.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
pcov 2 wick 1

pcov took the lead with a nice chip shot by lapa, wick tied it with a shot from almost center with our goalie caught out, then the goal of the match was a diving header from yours truly. Wick poured it on the last 20 mins but couldn't penetrate our d or goalie. There a good squad, relegation for sapp is my prediction.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went for a walk with the dog in my hood and stumbled across two Masters O-35 games at Hastings Bowl.

Cliff 2 - FF 1
FF were unlucky not to get a result in this game, they had most of the play. Two counter attacks and two goals

Columbus 4 - Surrey Utd 1

Columbus had the play most of the game and score some nice goals.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-2 columbus and I disagree that they had most of the play.

2 late goals, some poor officiating, and that was that.

KC is lucky to have not had a card somewhere in there :rolleyes:

Sarge was MOTM.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, was that a Spanish referee?

No steam in the engine room for Wickham Friday night -- missing their two best players again. Finally started to pull the legs out of cement for the last half hour though, but it wasn't to be. Boy it is important to get points on this side...

After Saturday afternoon, Sunday sure turned out to be a beautiful day for soccer.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree...nice day to play footie...except if your game time was changed and your two goalies couldn't make it...same for Cliff...late change screwed both teams....don't know why they are at the top on side "B"....and why pray tell are we divided into an "A" and "B" in the first place...I know Wickham and Sapp would agree cause...correct me if I'm wrong...the bottom teams from either side go down?....Only thing that sort of made the day was the cooler was full and I actually managed to score on a header...miracles never cease!

Cheers!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm...Cliff stole one. Again. I think I've heard that one before. In any case glad to see you score sometimes Scottyshell. You deserved your pints!!
Anxiously waiting Hose's version Regs. I am sure he will fill us in after he gets back from his mother's dinner. Poor refereeing?? It wouldn't happen to be Big M. who did our game a while back...
SCK

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,
I apologize. My scoreline was wrong and apparently so was my eyesight, It may have been that I was paying more attention to the other game and everytime I looked over, Columbus were attacking.

Scottyshell,
Nice goal you scored. I do feel it is same old FF story. Always in the game and great till you hit the 18 yard box. Except you of course, nice header. Hard work will eventually pay off.

Sir M,
I have a very large pair of Binoculars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0