Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] November Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope Sir M. No celebration here. Just sports with the little lads today. I would agree with Sir M. Unlucky at the end. However, he didn't mention the first half mishap by Steve. Many referees would give a straight red. There was no way their other fullback was catching our guy. But that's just my opinion... Stevie in the back had a monster game. Without him, it would have been much worse. I haven't played against such a brut force since the Firemen of yesterday. Solid!
We really should have been up a few but give credit to Planks who made some fantastic saves. Yes, conductor you should have been there and you would quickly change your mind!
I thought West Van came out strong but then disappeared. Not sure if it was them or our solid defensive style. Even Hose would have been impressed. He may want to check our goals against average as well. Seems he has trouble with his counting. Spend more time with your little ones.
Sir M. thanks for the kind words on our play and lets hope we meet in the cup round...
Off to the rink...
SCK

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams later were spotted walking around Stanley Park Seawall for a cool down.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the VMSL website, Cracovia defeated Sapp 3-0 today. But take that with a grain of salt (another excellent little saying by Sir M's dear mother, the originator of the phrase "give me strength")...Ruben has Westside on 11 points, and that is just wrong. So note that result at your peril.

Sir (Planks you ruined my Friday) M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I have never said that you maltreated Big M!

[/QUOT"why 'Conductor" seems to be upset about Sir M's perceived maltreatment "E]

I just couldn't understand how he was so loyal to you, after you kept giving him the run around last year! Well at least after he decided to leave you guy's, his bald spot has started to grow in and he's finally smiling at work again!:D To be honest, I do consider your club one of the better teams in the league over the last couple of years. Although your start this year might find me eating my words on that last comment!:eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK honestly I know Big M is married with kids, but I never ever thought of him as being weird!:D

As for DC are you trying to defend your snuggle buddy Sir M by making accusations?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a case like that (with two goalies ready to go) did you ever think of playing a 4-1-3-1 with two goalies, one in a player jersey just not using his hands? It might just work... with two goalies, who would care about offsides?

Brilliant.

The Rangers could apparently field three -- they would be unstoppable (or the inverse?)

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor or B.D. Which ever you prefer.

"As for DC are you trying to defend your snuggle buddy Sir M by making accusations?"

I am guessing your Millers league thread is quiet this week? :rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snuggle Buddy is a fun nickhame. As opposed to that of another person with a different nickname: a fellow who lives in a tree fort (complete with tanning bed), steals soccer balls and holds them for ransom, and nicks pints and empties for a living. He also rides a red bike with a bell and those dangly plastic pink/red things off of the handle bars and with a white shin guard over the chain.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just passed him on Beatty Street, he threw up on my shoe. Didn't see the bike though, could be he was just starting the "crawl of shame."

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 was the final, yes.

W/O getting into it, I thought it was a good battle by the 2 teams out there all things being equal. Unfortunately all things weren't equal on the day :mad:

And before I get slagged for whining/crying, I'm not bemoaning anything the Firemen did or didn't do - no fault of their own, what the fcuk are you supposed to do in that type of environment?

We went up 2-0 in the first before they pulled one back before the half on a PK.

Second half, Firemen had several chances with free kicks around the box and finally nailed one top corner - very nice shot.

A few more phantom/non-calls later and the match was finally over.

You were lucky Scotty and I weren't there.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, yes we were.

Nice way to let your teammates know they are shite without you.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DC, I'm enjoying the M.R. quite while, that's the Millar Rec league just in case you didn't understand the abbreviated version!;)

"I am guessing your Millers league thread is quiet this week?"

I will be honest with you, I'm probably drinking more MGD ( Millers Genuine Draft) than we are playing in the league though as we have only played 5 games so far, compared to the 8 or 9 that the VMSL Masters have already played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0