Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters 2007/08] November Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My early picks for this weekend starting tomorrow eve.:

PCOV "A" /Cliff Ave. United "A" Cliff if they continue to pull tricks out of the bag.

Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves/ Westside FC "A". Westside after losing to the FF.

ICSF Inter/West Van FC....It will be close...

Cracovia FC/ Sapperton Rovers. Hmm. I think Sapp.

Firefighters FC/Surrey United. SU may tie this one after the FF result last week. Probably not though.

Columbus FC/ Wickham FC. After a good win, Wickham will give them a game. Columbus still to win though.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bite.

Much like SCDMTC Blonde, and the Canucks actually.

But here are my picks as winners this week:

Cliff Ave. over PCOV

Westside over Metro Ford

Inter over West Van FC

Sapperton over Cracovia

Surrey vs Firefighters...tie

Columbus over Wickham

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Cliff vs PCOV
Westside vs MF
Inter vs West Van - Tie
Sapperton vs Cracovia
BRM vs Firemen
Columbus vs Wickham

Hopefully our boogie team helps bring the best out of us and we can snap out of the funk we've been in.

Good luck everyone!

Regs.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff vs PCOV
Westside vs MF
Inter vs West Van
Sapperton vs Cracovia
BRM vs Firemen
Columbus vs Wickham

Big weekend as I see it for the home teams, with one exception ........... of course.:D

JAGS

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2 - MF 1. Cold windy rainy night in someplace close to south Pemberton. We had a very short bench (one sub) but took it to them in the first half with a lot of chances and finished a nice one by GC from Ricky. In the second, Arnie came on and definitely changed their game. We sloted another nice one, had quite a few chances, but so did they. MF came back with one off a corner kick.

Next stop, Buenos Aires for 10 days, take in a Boca game, Argentina vs. Bolivia w.c. qualifier and play in a tournament. Woohoo (or should I say, Ole).

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
pcov 2 cliff 2

Good game pcov unlucky not to get three points tonite, 3 reds shown to cliff one for a brutal tackle on lapa that injured him. pcov led through-out the game, fishy last goal by cliff off a deflection. ref called the game early after handing them all those cards. 11 - 11 pcov was the better team.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not surprising result on the turf really. Cliff take it to teams...sometimes not even 50 50 balls... PCOV seem to playing well lately. I am curious who the ref was though??

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, for sure it wasn't Rene, he was at Ambleside.

PS: For your info, we will be wearing all black kit tomorrow.

Sir M.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright. Not sure if our new white unies are ready. Hope the field is dry...
SCK

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, PCOV just finished losing there last 2 games!

[CODE "PCOV seem to be playing well lately.][/CODE]"

I agree with Team Starter on yesterday's result. PCOV was robbed of 3 points as they did deserve the victory. Cliff Ave is still on top after being promoted from div 1 last year. Funny thing is they are ahead of West Van in the standings, and Cliff's #1 goalie is the same guy who rode the pine last year as Sir M's #3 goalie. weird how Karma works sometimes!:D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They still have a few points conductor, don't they?? How many do you have?

As for M playing he stoned us a few times last week. He also played well for us during Nations Cup. West Van has if I remember correctly a decent keeper as well. Sir M. can comment on that...
SCK

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I like that! LOL

"My comment is I think that Cliff Avenue have top notch goaltender."

He wasn't so top notch in your eyes last year though, maybe your benching oops I mean descion making of him last year has inspired him this year for Cliff Ave!;)

As for SCK, I wasn't commenting about PCOV points, I was just stating the obvious to you that they had come off of 2 losses. Rumour has it that PCOV is signing 3 players in the next few weeks who will be huge additions for them. I would look out for them definetly in the second half of the season!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 Wickham 1

Good battle at the swamp, Wickham are a big, tough team and never give up.
Kevin opened up the scoring and then they tied it up on a scramble in the box.Tony F. set up Carlos on a set piece and finished nicely on a header.

Defence wins championships and offence......well Inter has none!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 Wickham 1

Good battle at the swamp, Wickham are a big, tough team and never give up.
Kevin opened up the scoring and then they tied it up on a scramble in the box.Tony F. set up Carlos on a set piece and finished nicely on a header.

Defence wins championships and offence......well Inter has none!

Ouch....SCK? Comments?
FF 2 - Notsobigredmachine 2.....wow...wish I was there!:D

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 was the final, yes.

W/O getting into it, I thought it was a good battle by the 2 teams out there all things being equal. Unfortunately all things weren't equal on the day :mad:

And before I get slagged for whining/crying, I'm not bemoaning anything the Firemen did or didn't do - no fault of their own, what the fcuk are you supposed to do in that type of environment?

We went up 2-0 in the first before they pulled one back before the half on a PK.

Second half, Firemen had several chances with free kicks around the box and finally nailed one top corner - very nice shot.

A few more phantom/non-calls later and the match was finally over.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will post about this one because my guess is SCK is still celebrating. Inter defeated West Van 2-0 at Hastings today. It was a funny game, with our side never getting in sync it seemed, after I thought we took it to them in the first 20. But then Inter started to take it to us a bit, especially in the 2nd half, when their superior numbers (was it 21 guys out today SCK?) vs our 13 started to wear us down. Having to assign one central midfielder to mark Nick D wore our player out. We will feel extremely hard done by by the injury time winner, where the ref absolutely missed not one, not two, but three...OK I will stop now. But SCK you know. We gave up a 2nd a few seconds later as we were trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat with thirty seconds to go. But that is the biggest miss I have seen in many years by an official. I am just happy that no WVFC player got a red for the reaction to the (non) call. I actually think that the ref knows he froze. But I would be more upset if we had played better and really deserved it. And I am not sure we did. Probably a tie would have been just.

Good win by Inter. With all of the horses out like they were today, especially Nick, Torres, the quick #2, and SCK, they can beat anyone on any given day.

Too bad no rematch over at Ambleside this year. Maybe in cup play. If that takes place, BBQ'd sausages for sure.

Congrats to Inter though. Good for you.

PS. Planks' play today is the rationale behind, by way of explanation, why 'Conductor" seems to be upset about Sir M's perceived maltreatment of the subject of his affection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0