Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon, they're probably both looped. SCP has probably talked Sir M into weaving back to the Portuguese Club for a "strategy session.":rolleyes:

Other league news:

As some people might remember, there were actually 2 WCOTSL playoff cups, which His WAship has magnanimously renamed the "A" and "B" Cups. These actually correspond to the (formerly known as) League and Masters' Cups. The League Cup already has its own thread, so I don't need to reiterate info here. Masters' Cup info is as follows: top 4 placed teams in the 2nd Div were seeded. All games are scheduled to be played the weekend of the 19th....

Game/Teams
1 22nd Ave Lions vs Caribbean AllStars
2 Shaheen vs Surrey Dynamo
3 Metro Ford Ajax vs Killarney Spurs
4 New West Reds vs PoCo Blues
5 Meralomas vs Persepolis
6 Ridge Shooters vs Roma Rangers
7 PoCo Celtic vs BC Romanians
8 Olympiakos vs Inter Steaua

Predictions:
1 22nd Ave
2 Shaheen
3 Spurs
4 Blues
5 Lomas
6 Roma
7 Celtic
8 Olys

Trece

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, no comments yet from the principals behind this...

Yes, we've had to put up with Catso's ugly mug on the tube before frequently enough :D , but why did they have to let Besty actually talk? That was scary....

Good luck guys. Hoping for a good showing and that this helps kickstart some life and a bit of a profile back into the game locally.

Trece

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
managed to catch that announcement on Sportsnet. Thought I spotted the other Catliff in the line-up as well????
Anyone where the full line-up is posted??

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although I didn't see the Sportsnet clip, I can attest that (one of) the "other" Catliff(s) is indeed playing on the team. The newly-elected President of Westside has been selected to play.

Some other names I've heard bandied about (a couple of Peg guys are playing the Vancouver leg and a couple of others the Calgary—I think it has to do with not being alllowed to leave the Province):

Fonseca (PCOV); Benji, Sal, Frank Lore (Columbus); Leach (MF); Brolly, Celebrini, Best (and a couple of other guys from Peg as mentioned above); Zambrano (Inter); Bob Rosenlund (FF).

Of course having not heard it from the Coach, it remains hearsay...oh yeah, and I think Dr. Pat Mallette (WFC) is the attending physician for the Vancouver tourney.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Official VMSL Masters Indoor Selects are as follows:

Martin Best. WVFC Old Boys, Midfield/Defender (Friday only). Replaced on Sunday by Ryan Deeth WVFC Old Boys.

Randy Celebrini. WVFC Old Boys, Midfield/Forward (Friday only). Replaced on Sunday by Clark Brolly WVFC Old Boys.

Geoff Catliff. Midfield/Defender, WFC Westside.

John Catliff. Forward, WFC Westside.

Sal Cuccione. Midfielder/Forward, Columbus/Clan Masters.

Tony Fonseca. Forward/Midfielder/Defender, PCOV.

Benji Hayford. Forward, Columbus/Clan Masters.

Brad Leitch. Midfielder/Defender, Metro-Ford Celtic.

Frank Lore. Midfielder/Defender, Columbus/Clan Masters.

Bobby Roselund. Midfielder, Vancouver FF.

Danny Vaughan. Forward/Midfielder, WVFC Old Boys.

Rob Zambrano. Goaltender, ICSF Inter.

This side will play at least three games on Friday Feb 17 at Pacific Coliseum against Calgary Selects, England Selects and Scotland Selects, and then on Sunday Feb 19 against the same teams in Calgary at the Saddledome.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harry Hubball just had a set of Masters nets made (they are a strange size) to help the UBC team prepare, he might lend them out if you have a practice -- along with some words of wisdom on tactics, of course.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
The Official VMSL Masters Indoor Selects are as follows:

Martin Best. WVFC Old Boys, Midfield/Defender (Friday only). Replaced on Sunday by Ryan Deeth WVFC Old Boys.

Randy Celebrini. WVFC Old Boys, Midfield/Forward (Friday only). Replaced on Sunday by Clark Brolly WVFC Old Boys.

Geoff Catliff. Midfield/Defender, WFC Westside.

John Catliff. Forward, WFC Westside.

Sal Cuccione. Midfielder/Forward, Columbus/Clan Masters.

Tony Fonseca. Forward/Midfielder/Defender, PCOV.

Benji Hayford. Forward, Columbus/Clan Masters.

Brad Leitch. Midfielder/Defender, Metro-Ford Celtic.

Frank Lore. Midfielder/Defender, Columbus/Clan Masters.

Bobby Roselund. Midfielder, Vancouver FF.

Danny Vaughan. Forward/Midfielder, WVFC Old Boys.

Rob Zambrano. Goaltender, ICSF Inter.

This side will play at least three games on Friday Feb 17 at Pacific Coliseum against Calgary Selects, England Selects and Scotland Selects, and then on Sunday Feb 19 against the same teams in Calgary at the Saddledome.

That's a pretty good squad.

As usual, the Valley teams will sit on the side and watch the festivities. Considering it has produced the Western Canadian Champs the last two years, it is understandable. :rolleyes:

Nobody's fault but our own. It's all about image and the VMSL is where it is at. Obviously.

Some sour grapes but definitely not directed at the players. I wish you the best of luck. Show them what you can do. :)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour grapes...isn't that what Greeks make wine from??

Nobody says you have to play in the valley.....!
Hopefully Leitchy has lost a few pounds...he was a wee overweight last year and three indoor games will eat a guy up.

Cheers!

Those sidelines are not cheap seats!

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punches like a girl too... I'd take Keith Sandall any day, he'd give those Brits some problems.

Sure be nice to see how the boys do (especially Deeth in his leather at Cowboys). I take it the VMSL guys will be offered discount tickets by the league?

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
:eek:
Absolutely shocking, nay appaling, no Bulldogs on this squad, there is a conspiracy a foot :rolleyes:
At the least this Bulldog should have been on this squad, after all I am a legend in my own mind, and I have a fan club of which I am the president .....:D
Coleman - u've got to let it go mate. U took 3 points of them and maybe a few blows, but at the end of the day U TOOK 3 POINTS OF THEM, cheers. Glad u guys were able to hand them their 1st. loss in Div. 1

Good luck lads, do us proud.....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if you have to be O-35 or playing in the O-35 league to be on this team, I know that Lee Sharpe is only 34, but I would have thought who ever picks the team would have tried to pick more older guys that have played in the indoor league before. Players like Paul Dailly and Carmen D, who both played in Edmonton come to mind, plus there are a few others that are in the VMSL Premier league and are over 30.

Great to see Sarge on there, I am sure he will light it up with all his England experience back in 1995.

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering how, or why, they didn't pick the best Masters players available. Are you telling me Murray Howes and Ian McClean couldn't bring something to that team?

At the end of the day, this falls on the FVSL, not VMSL. They do a much better job promoting their league, and getting themselves high caliber exhibitions. Progressive vs. stale.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS:

Good points - I would have suggested that bum Favaro (Paul) as well, but I think that part of the criteria was that players were supposed to have been playing at the Masters' level. I know that the first cut was taken from the Masters Premier Division teams. Sir M, can you elucidate (no, that's not hallucinate...)?

One of the things that Howard Silver (the promoter) did mention on the TV was that there were o30 players to be involved as well...

Deena:

after all I am a legend in my own mind, and I have a fan club of which I am the president
and still the 3rd-best player in your own house, too.:p

Ballz:

It's all about promotion, Baby; all about promotion. Tell Robby and Neil (and Kenny) that you guys need in for next year, and maybe you'll get somewhere. Then again, you're a part of the select list of folks who've been WA'd.:D

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece/HOS etc..

FYI there are actually at least on our side up to 5 guys over 30 and under 35 that are allowed on the team. Off the top of my head, there are two...Sarge and Danny V I think are both 34. As far as Premier (like real Premier) guys go, there was some discussion of using the the likes of Dailly, Doddy, Burr, Nico, Carmine etc (we could actually have probably filled all of the U/35 spots just from WVFC...and a good majority of them will be 35 next year) :) but it would have screwed up the scheduling for the Imperial Cup and be a bit too much of a hassle, mostly because this all came about on fairly short notice, and we hd less than a week to form a team. So Trece is right, we went with VMSL Premier Masters (and 1 Div 1 guy) and the teams they represent were given a bye in the 1st round of the Masters A Cup to facilitate their participation.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank-you very much Sir. I am sure that the boys selected will do well.

May have to go out, well besides the buffet, just to see Besty having a go at some of these refs. Who will they be anyway, I know Angelo does a lot of indoor stuff at 8-rinks or will they save some money and get Walks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on the type of playing surface? The highlights I saw showed the guys playing on what appeared to be a hard surface, like a roller blade floor.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
there was some discussion of using the the likes of Dailly, Doddy, Burr, Nico, Carmine etc

Sir M .............. glad you considered Chico in this high level group. I must admit that he truly would be a weapon on the indoor surface ............ not too many of those ex-professionals with Scotland and England would have seen the toe bang shot while slapping the thigh ....... as he is belting out to the 2004 Coach of the Year "The Roxy ain't bigger than Chicali":D :D

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
HA!! :p

I thought no one was going to catch that ironic little tidbit. He would be great balancing a beer on his head in Calgary!!! We need to get him back down to Palm Springs!! :wa:

YOU JAGS are becoming a trained investigator, soon you will an expert in obtaining HAIRS, FIBRES, and DNA EVIDENCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0