Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

godfather

Jan 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
PCOV 1 Sapperton 1...hard fought game...if only missing the net counted for 1/2 goal we would have won the game...it's been a fustrating year for our team, just call it the metro-ford disease from last year( couldn't score goals )...on to the Master's A Cup..if we start hitt ng the net watch out for us.
Not with you in the pipes.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC 1-1 FF

Scotty, I'll agree that you guys played like shite...we carried the play for the most part and I thought we could have come away with the points but no finish.

We should have a pretty good contingent out Friday, we were all geared for a Shark club post-party but now I'm not so sure. I didn't know it was a FF "fundraiser"...what's the cause Scotty?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece Verde:

Valderama is with Lobbans. Apparently, he's been out for a few weeks. He only arrived at game time in his tight-fitting Adidas shorts(fromt the eighties no doubt). Unfortunately, he couldn't hit the net if his life depended on it. Spoke very little as well.... His spotter was probably from two yards out and he cleared the bar easily.

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty I am anticipating in the neighbourhood of 40 guys from the WV/Peg club attending the selects game at the Coliseum, and I am sure, but if I know them a majority will be headed to the Shark Club, and should be in to buy some tickets for your fundraiser I am sure...and God knows where after that...:wa:

Tonite the selects side played a younger more fit Vancouver Police side and it was VMSL 4, VPD 2. Bobby R (thats not you is it?)was out and played well. Neither Besty nor Sal were sent off. Does this count as their suspension game?

Sarge had his glasses on, but not yesterday...:p

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP,

He's tooting his own horn :rolleyes:

Forward, Calgary Caledonian FC , Born May 8TH , 1975 Played for Tek United and Leinster Selects,
Ireland, Stirling Albion, Scotland as well as Vancouver 86’ers. Former GOLDEN BOOT WINNER, VANCOVER METRO LEAGUE
Impressive, a golden boot winner!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the age requirement of this tourney? Is it O-30's or 35's (or something else altogether)? I can't find anything on the website regarding age.

I'm assuming it must be O-30 (born '71 or later) because of the birthdates of some of the Calgary players. Could be a long night for the VMSL guys...or it might be one of those "let's walk down and fcuk them all" type things.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told that we were allowed to have 5 players over 30 Peter, and the remaining had to be over 35. I think the VMSL team has two 34 year olds and the rest are 35 or older. The reason for this I would assume is that we drew from the Masters league only, and it appears Calgary drew from all over. There were no players in VMSL Masters put forward that I am aware of that were anywhere near born (but some graduated in ) 75 or 76 etc like Calgary has...those guys are still playing Premier and are involved in Imperial Cup this weekend.

We will see how it goes, but we'll compete, I have no doubt.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pete,
Remember how Dick's on Dick's used to hold fundraiser's? You know,sell tickets to friends,family enemies alike for $10 so they could fill the bar early. Doors open at 8 pm with no tickets sold at the door. This is just a straight fundraiser for the VFF soccer club..nothing special,but the raffle is where the money is. Dick's on Dick's used to give you a portion of what is spent before the rest of the night life crowd is let in.

Cheers!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty, I was just kidding...by the way, we had to close your dressing room on Sunday, you guys all go home for naps?

That would explain it, Mike. See you Friday!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My other thought is that I am glad it is 8 minute halves. I think we will have a pretty strong side actually, there is a lot of talent out there...Rob is a very good goaltender as we all know, and the addition of Inspector Frank C in the back will help. Guys like Randy, Sal, Sarge, JC, Besty, Bobby etc are going to give the other side some grief, and these guys have a lot of guts.

But anyway, on to more important things: a couple of very interesting makeup games this weekend:

Inter vs VFF...Inter missing goaltender Zambrano and VFF missing Bobby I would take him on my team anytime Roselund...tie...1-1.

Columbus vs Sapperton. Columbus were impressive last week, much better than the last time we played them (but alas they are missing half of their midfield who are in Alberta this weekend) and a veteran defender...to the selects. The Sapp goaltender is backup to Zambrano and will only travel to Calgary if Rob is hurt. I think Benji may be fit again. If this was out at Sapperton, I may give them the nod, but they are not, so I am going with Columbus in a close one.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we'll miss our keeper Rob Z this weekend. We all thought that we weren't going to play. Actually, we're healthy and need to get some games in though. FF will be a good game for us. We need the three points to stay in the hunt for first or even second. Our first meeting could have gone either way. Spotter missed and an open net. At least Roselund can't play in the net. Sir M.: RZ will do you no harm in the nets. I have seen him win games by himself. Actually, we feel we're one goal up with him in the pipes. Him or Merkyl any day...

I think Sapp might squeeze a win against Columbus. Without the guys mentioned Columbus may find it difficult to score some goals. If I am correct, I think Frank C. hasn't played many games. However, he is very smart and mobile on the backline. Good luck to the VMSL team this weekend.

SCK

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
from the announcement seeking players for the allstar team:

"all premier teams and Metro-Ford Celtic will not play that weekend unless your team does not have any player's playing with the allstar team."

There might be grounds for a postponement request in there somewhere...if I were playing for FF, Inter or Columbus...and was concerned about playing without key players.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,considering we will only be missing Bobby who hasn't played many games,though will be surely missed in the midfield as Pete will agree we could've used last weekend. It will be interesting..but will the field be playable with boots or skates..if this freeze is suppose to hang around.

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Scotty's right (for once). The last forecast I heard was calling for about -10 (!) on Friday night. If that's actually the case, none of us will be playing this weekend...

Trece

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
perfect weather...it will climatize the vancouver allstars for the return leg to calgary??? yeeeehaaaaa!!!!!!!

scp

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
besty said:
I'll be there ready to go.
I did get a bit of extra rest today.;) :rolleyes:

And by the sounds of it, Besty is going to be rested for THREE games. After the disputed goal, (and three separate players have told me exactly the same thing) Besty asked Miro if he was in position to call the ball in (35 yards out). Miro's response was "get out of my face". Besty's response was I am not in your face ref, you are in mine...then the second yellow and the red.

Now I have posted on this site about my thoughts about this particular official in the past, but if you get two yellows, it is one game, normally. But apparantly, there was something in the report about abusive, profane language, etc etc. Unless Besty, and two other WV players are liars, the abusive language was as mentioned above.

If that language was described by the official as such, and to get a three game suspesnsion for that....that is deceitful.

By the way at the indoor at the Coliseum, Proctor and Angelo were shining lights of officiating...and I mean that. What a contrast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0