Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toe bang with a thigh slap -- most effective as an offensive strike -- I would have thought that, in his short time in Peg colours, Deeno might have trained Chico on the knee-shin-far, which is a far more effective, albeit more advanced, move coming from the back.

As to balancing a beer on his head in Calgary, I guess what happens on the road stays on the road...

34 year old Masters, somehow that doesn't sound right. Those guys are still just wee babes. Should be a pretty fast paced, physical affair. Looking forward to it -- discount tickets right? Get the league working on that.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JC are congrats in order?? I was looking at the Div 1 stats and it looks like Metro Ford and you guys have clinched promotion??
:)

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, met a fellow Master out at Best Friday night and watched Wickham back into the Premier Division with a Metro-Ford win over Richmond. No celebrations when returned to the A game to tell the lads though - they were down 4-0 at the time. Fought back with a couple of goals, but everyone was in a dismal mood. (Hopefully, the coach was understanding about my absence - everybody wanted this Masters team to work out.) Guess the celebration will have to wait for a cold rainy Sunday morning...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today it was West Van Peg 7, and Cracovia 0 out at Ambleside. And no cards for the West Van lads:) , even Besty...who scored. Out watching I noticed was ColemanJ, newly promoted, on an oh too rare sunny afternoon.

Next weekend, 2 PM Sunday, Ambleside B, WVFC vs Columbus...:knvb:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4-1 Lobbans

Merkl kept us in it in the first half and we got one late against the grain. Wicked sun at 9AM right in to our eyes led to many first half unforced errors.

Second half we had our way and bagged 3 more, they scored at the whistle to end it. They were playing to stay up and had all the guns out. Again, we were quite lucky not to be down a couple early.

JC with the natural hat and Al McGrath with the 4th. On to the Firemen next week which is always fun.

Cheers, Peter

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL Selects side will be playing a friendly against the ever oppressive abuse your rights etc (and much younger) Vancouver Police team on Monday Feb 13 at 430 PM at 8 rinks.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, how does the squad look? Did you get a good turnout at the first session Monday (I know you were missing at least one due to work commitments)?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M.

I joined up with some of the boys for a stag in Calgary last weekend.
The city is really pumping up the big indoor series that the VMSL boys are playing in. A big crowd is expected from all that i could see and read about it.
Apparantley they have a big dinner and banquet set up for all the players and orginizers. (Cowboys afterwards of course!)

Anyways, looking forward to coming out to the Vancouver matches and cheering the boys on.

Good Luck !

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Coach!!...we had a good turnout and session on Monday, we had 11 or 12 out...already have had a couple of injuries. We should be younger and more fit than the tourists, but will have to see how it goes!!

Guess we will have to make some arrrangements to have the guys head downtown in Van!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
arrangements are being made to go to the shark tank ( Club ) downtown after the coliseum...i will keep you guys posted once all arrangements have been made...

Coach...last year at the saddledome they had over 9500 spectators in the crowd...Gerry Dobson ( sportsnet soccer central )will be the host and mc that night...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bright and early at Burnaby Lake turf to realize Lobbans only had six players... So, 1 nil win. We scrimmaged for awhile and of course had some beers after the difficult match against our own players. Valderama was awesome!! Two gimmies and no goals. Unbelievable to think we've only played two games since Xmas. Is anyone else in the same boat?? How'd others do today?

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today at Ambleside, it was WVFC 2 and Columbus 2. It was a pretty attractive, fast game of football to watch, both teams doing lots and lots of attacking, despite each side missing their top scorers ( Benji and Bro)...

Besty got sent off after protesting a goal they scored on a goal that our keeper said never crossed the line...I could not tell, I was 35 yards away, as was the ref, (my favorite Miro or whatever) who called it in, and then sent Martin off for ....oh well asking him if he could see it from there:mad: . We continued to attack with 10 and then Sal got sent off with a couple to go. All in all a good game I thought, disappointing for us, but Columbus are a team that should be taken very seriously, if Sarge (Columbus MOTM,...Besty for us), Battista, Sal etc stay healthy.

What happened in the Inter/Lobbans game... a default??

If what the Excellent Site says is true, it looks like Cracovia and Lobbans are being relegated, WV have clinched a top 2 Provincial berth....the other should be a real dogfight.

I am not optimistic about the WV and Columbus guys being super fit for the selects friendly tomorrow...anyone want to fill in?

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can definitely say that the whole ball was not over the goal line.Half for sure but not the whole ball. However, I can see how the ref would think it was, he was 35yds away. Having said that, a tie was a fair result. No cracker goals just a hard fought battle.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Sir M a default was in order. They looked like lost souls with only six to play. So, we threw over some of our guys for a 45-minute scrimmage. Not a great run, but better than nothing considering we had a nine o'clock start time. Sounds like your game was a hard fought battle. Columbus always play tough. What happened in the other two games anyone?

SCK

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
I am not optimistic about the WV and Columbus guys being super fit for the selects friendly tomorrow...anyone want to fill in?

I'll be there ready to go.
I did get a bit of extra rest today.;) :rolleyes:

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me clear some of the confusion...........the ball was clearly across the line..........definately the goal of the year.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
other games:

PCOV - Sapp tied 1-1
FF - Wetsiders tied 1-1

Watched the end of Cracovia vs SFU at Hastings just before our game. 1-0 to SFU on a free kick that (according to SFU coach Ian Andrews) Ty had no chance (and some hard luck) to get to. One red for Cracovia to a dumbass who got a yellow and kept walking away from Taki, so he got his 2nd right after. Good finish.

Hey Dino - who the hell was Valderama at your game? Can't remember anybody from either team who would fit the "Shirley Temple with a mustache" description...

Mermaids 3 Spurs 1 - gift goal to Hedkandi (bum!) on a penalty that wasn't. Our guys missing 2 sitters didn't help us either.:rolleyes: We are definitely the wooden spoon winners for this year. Hope our trip down to NeverNever Land will be kinder and gentler on our aging bones....:mad:

All Cup games next weekend.

Trece

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard fought, even battle betw. Bulldogs and SFU Utd. at Hillcrest. SFU grabed the winner of with 2 min. left in the game:mad :
All in all, and even game, that could have gone either way, but unfortunately for us, it went theirs.....
On to cup play. Anyone have any insight in to the Canterbury vs. Richmond Game, 4-4 :confused: ; Canterbury probably doubled their GF total in this game....:rolleyes:

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 1 Sapperton 1...hard fought game...if only missing the net counted for 1/2 goal we would have won the game...it's been a fustrating year for our team, just call it the metro-ford disease from last year( couldn't score goals )...on to the Master's A Cup..if we start hitting the net watch out for us.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
arrangements are being made to go to the shark tank ( Club ) downtown after the coliseum...i will keep you guys posted once all arrangements have been made...

Just to let everyone know..the VFF soccer club is having a fundraiser at the Shark club Friday Feb 17th. We are also selling raffle tickets with some great prizes...1st prize is a trip to Manzanillo,Mexico(all inclusive). These can be bought from any Firemen player..only $5 for one or $10 for three.

As for the FF-Westside game...honestly...we played the shites and they didn't play much better. JC didn't grace the field until 10 mins left...guess he figured his lads could take us without him....lets hear what Peter has to say....Pete?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0