Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell: I hope you're wrong in January. We have cancelled enough games already. It is too bad that our Sunday game was cancelled due to frozen tundra. We were looking forward to playing Sir M's group. Where was the turf when we needed it? Happy holidays to all and we'll see some of you on the 29th at Canlan Ice Complex.

SCK

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sck: we will see you on thursday for the first game of the mini-indoor tournament...tournament should be a great way to shed a few pounds before the end of the year...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van Peg 3 Lobbans 0. Saw ColemanJ out watching during the downpour. I will post on this one as both JAGS and Dickens left for the Mayan Riviera early yesterday morning in another in a series of gay efforts to bronze their white-as-leprosy scottish legs. Lobbans goalie was on fire in this one. But of more of interest, a Walk of Shame story:

Hung out in change room A after the game til about 11, and Sir M prudently left the Audi at the park and caught a ride home with Bro and spent a night under the orders of Mrs. Sir M in the guest's quarters. This morning, new footwear, umbrella in hand, a dogged attempt to shatter the 1 hr 22 min Sir M estate to Ambleside WOS record. It was looking good as at the half way point, Kypriakis restaurant (where by the way is where the waiter scooped the then Junior M's Rino's U/21 groupie date right from under him in '79...but I am sooo over that now) and Im on 39 minutes. Crossing under where Davey fell off of the Lions Gate Bridge at 77 mins, things are looking great until Sir M remembered that his car keys are on the kitchen table where Mrs. S and M had served up some cold shoulder and spiced tongue earlier this morning. Record attempt over, back home, back to the park, keys in hand now. and there's a FLOOD yes a fcuking flood and the road out to Marine Drive is under 4 feet of water. Even the Quattro could not navigate that, so back on foot to the Ice Queen for yet another pleasant experience.

Getting super fit though...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the games go this weekend (hopefully) I predict the following:

SFU/SAPP: This will be a tie, but the game will be closer than the score indicates.

PCOV/Caracovia: Hopefully SCPs side will show a bit better finish in this one than last week. PCOV in a close spirited match, if they get that tall Slavic ref there will be as Japanese sex counsellors say, ejections.

WVFC/Columbus: Should be a very entertaining attacking match, great to watch. Lots of goals. WV will drink more.

VFF/Lobbans. Lobbans looked a lot better last week, if their goaltender stands on his head again they will have a chance, if not VFF by 2 or 3 as they are at home.

WFC/Inter: MOTW, Sir M may come out and watch this one, if he can find his car. WFC need this one to get back on track and avoid having to go the cup route to qualify for the BCs in this one...really hard to predict...if WFC avoids reds, a tie...

Good luck to everyone.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, three or four Saturday Soccer regulars suiting up for Lobbans now, so I was foregoing 60 Minutes and out standing in the pouring rain watching Sir M's boys. Boy, Lobban's goalie stood on his head. But could it rain any harder?

Apparently yes, as at training late last night with Wickham lads, the access road to Ambleside was still underwater (and still rising). Thought I saw an Audi floating south-west -- hope the tide didn't grab it overnight!

Perhaps we should just throw in the cleats now and all head south for a few weeks.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy New Year!

Here we go, 2006...what will it bring? Besides rain. Some predictions (although I highly doubt we'll be playing):

SFU, PCOV, Columbus, FF, WFC.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anything scheduled for Vancouver this weekend is cancelled.:rolleyes:

J: I know Scotty's out there with Lobbans, and Robby S. was previously playing for them, but who else is a "regular?" Bela hasn't been out for years...

Other irregulars:

Doug - SFU
Flamer - Freybe
Ian & friends - Inter Steaua
Trece & Ricardo - Killarney
Thomas family & Hobbs - Sapperton
colemanj - Wickham
Yuri, Nik, Jeff, Steve, etc - Wolves FC (Burnaby)

Who else have I missed that's still actively playing?

Perhaps we should just throw in the cleats now and all head south for a few weeks

2 weeks till Cancun, baby....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dangerously off topic Trece... but Bela was out this Fall - if you would ditch your kids once and awhile you'd have seen him there. He and Robbie Shantz were both suited up for Lobbans - along with a few old Freybe guys from the golden years.

You know, Lobbans played okay, had a few chances, but eventually WVFC just overwhelmed them with numbers, age or fitness -- take your pick.

Cancun, eh. Is there anything left? Guess you just need a blanket and a cervesa though, right. Nice call, but two weeks? We should have sunshine here by then.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yes, irregulars still active:

I gather from TTP that Billy J is with PAU
Brian Shantz is with Wolves
Glen M is out in the valley somewhere
Croatian Dennis is playing for a Richmond team in over 50's
Billy D is playing over 50's
I believe that Old Bill is still with Charlton Athletics youth side

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was actually Old Bill's granmuvva with the Ackkies - she was the best player to ever play in England. Ask Old Bill...

Can't really call Over 50's "active":rolleyes:

Cerveza, si. Sarape, no. Hamaca, puede ser.

Still on topic - after all, we are talking about old farts and footy.

One more - Vinny is playing for PoCo Blues with some of the PoCoMo alumni...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus/WVFC

Fortunately for Peter's already fairly abysmal pick percentage, this one is being postponed as Ambleside is a swamp and closed. When I left training last night the road was starting to flood again...apparently just behind Cactus Club the beavers have jammed things up...got the Audi out just in the nick of time and home at a reasonable hour... if Sir M keeps this up he may be making a long awaited return to the MARRIAGE BED...:knvb: ...his own I mean :(

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Sir Mmmmm what are you thinking? all this talk of the marriage bed? Have you been spending some time with dr. Phil? Should Jags be planning a second stag? We might have found a nice little spot for a stag in mexico, with a 24hr mexican Lynwood and full colon blow spicy Proschuito Pizza available, Pints of sambuca and pinocha gone wild. Jags might still be looking for his cowboy hat unless he has left work alreadt to head down to los Margaritas to have about 15 margaritas for Lunch just so the body doesn't go into shock. Sir m, we found a new walk of shame you will have to try and beat the PB though, may require new golf shoes. Anyways Gringo and juan will see you at training thursday sporting our new Diego maradonna Training video.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens is looking darker than the inside of a cow since the intense Mexican tanning session.

My picks for the week:

Inter will defeat Sapp at home.
Peters crew will defeat Lobbans 3-1.
Columbus and undefeated VFF: I gotta go with a tie in this one, even with Columbus' recent hot streak. MOTW.
SFU hosting PCOV on the turf...PCOV are a team in turmoil at the moment, but I think the turf will show off their superior pace...PCOV by one.
My I agree with Peter pick of the week: Cracovia hosting West Van...the return of Dickens, JAGS, Besty, Alan Easton, Slee and Randal C. after recent absences will not be enough for the league leaders. :( Cracovia with an upset win. Dickens will be caught comparing tans with Dwight Yorke who will pop in a couple.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christ, it's been a while. We haven't played since November. I've had a few months to reflect on my pick strategy (or lack thereof) and I'm trying something new: if everything I've picked has been wrong, the opposite just must be true...of course it could be that what I say has no bearing on games whatsoever.

Sapp will take Inter
Lobbans/WFC-tie
FF beat Columbus
PCOV over SFU
WV over the Craks

Have fun boys! That's what it's all about.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

Not too sure about your calls on Cracovia and PCOV - saw their tilt last weekend. No Dwight York available for the Ogorkies, but they still managed to shut down Fonseca & Co., who just couldn't seem to get going.

I would call a tie against SFU a good result for PCOV right now, unless SCP has managed to get them to start shooting again during practices and they can carry it over to games.

Inter over Sapp
Lobbans vs WFC - I pick the opposite of Peter :D
FF over Columbus

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Sir M:

Lobbans vs WFC - I pick the opposite of Peter :D

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

Trece: too many beerz...we play Cracovia.:p

Its been changed to Hastings Bowl North at 2 on Sunday...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
46 minutes this morning.

OK, before everyone gets in a big panic about the slow Seymours WOS time (a full two minutes off the record) please take into consideration that Sir M of late has not been training in the middle distances, and has been focusing on the longer Hacienda to Ambleside 1 hr 22 minute mark. The middle distance events require a completely different training regimen, diet, and of course there is the whole mental thing.

Last nite though, a Spada revelation:

So we jump in the 80s guy retro limo at Seymours (right out of Good Fellas) and we are cruising over the bridge in the big black caddy taking in Voices Carry by 'til Tuesday on the way to Nickleback and all of a sudden a bolt rom the blue on the radio, Honeymoon Suite AND Glass Tiger are playing at the Commodore tonight :wa: ! So, immediatley on the Sir M phone to ticketmaster and we have 6 tix at willl call! Over to the Shark Club, have a chat with Big Marty from VFF, and then off to see billionaire ticket agent/VFF goaltender Spicoli at the corner of Beatty and Georgia to get him to flog our tix to the sold out NB...Spicoli laughs at us and we eat the 60 buck tickets. Over to the Commodore and it is COUGAR CENTRAL...most of them from Maple Ridge :bronco: and BIG!!

So Spada, hammered, is doing his little jig all by himself, spitting away, while his coach is consorting with Suzie Wong in the corner and JAGS is swaying to I've Got a New Girl Now (and she's a lot like you)...and the Crantinis are flowing like blood.

So back home ultimately for the usual Prosciutto/Garlic/Potato/Funghi/double Sambuca and coke. And Davey declares that he is going to change his ways, settle down and that he has found religion.

The two gay tanned Scots are regaling a Playa del Carmen story:

"So we're at the Blue Parrot, just having a pint, and these four french birds go up to the bar, grab a bottle of tequila, and no shite, are there dancing with each other on the dance floor drinking tequila right out of the bottle and pouring it down the front of their white tee shirts and then fondling their breasts...."

(Right away, Spada): God Bless them!! Thats what I want in life!!

Off to training now, it could have been a footwear thing too...

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger... Glass Tiger clearlly won this battle of the bands with their final song..."Don't Forget me when I'm gone". Spada Took Gold Medal for the most hammered, and Sir M Took the dead lift compitition while holding the swollen Connie chung in one arm and a double crantini in the Other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0