Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:

Trece Verde and the other portos
Why would you assume that I'm a Pork-and-cheese? I'm several bifanas and at least a case of piri-piri away from that end of the ethnic spectrum...

RF:

Untwist yer knickers, mate. Yer gettin' too tightly wound. One more outburst like that and we'll have to send you back to Govan for some much-needed SPL therapy....BTW, Gran says she'll only send you yer case of Irn Bru if yer nicer to the locals...:D

Hastings would be great if the Parks Board in Vancouver would ever rake the fields after they get cut. Some genius there thinks that you have to leave the thatch behind, so as a result, we all end up skating there or else having to clean out our cleats every 5 minutes. When it was dry, the west field at Adanac was the nicest one I have played on this year - clean, and just like a carpet. Way nicer than the crabgrass on the east field. Hillcrest isn't bad either, but like most fields in town, getting worn out by heavy use. We need new turf in the CoV badly to get the kids something else to play on. Personally, I blame deenav69 and all the other City employees....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

ps - WAB, yes you are a donkey too....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unwound, done, and my apologies

Did someone just say Irn Bru? :cool:

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh...

And, this was worth a second look:

trece verde said:
An added bonus is that when you break your ankle in the half-foot-deep mud, Royal Columbian is right across the street...

:D

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, you are truly a misunderstood Scottish Don Juan... since you mention deenav69 (and since Metro Ford is a lock to return to Premier), I will cede to his request for some Division One banter.

Contrary to his prediction, Wickham did knock off Metro Ford last Friday night. As a neophyte to the Masters game I was suprised by the intensity to the whole game. Metro Ford tried to kick us into submission, then punch us into submission and it appeared at the end they might want to actually follow through with their threats of killing us in the parking lot. Seems that being behind was very upsetting to their manhood in some way. One fellow decided in the middle of the post match hand shaking that he just couldn't stand it and had to challenge someone to a fight (class act #5). I thought that might be interesting, but someone reminded me that I wasn't 45 anymore and should leave the handling of psychotics to Sir M.

Even their little toy referee was upset, after the game he kept muttering about finding out who we were playing that might have got a red card the previous week. Hallucinations, too much ephederine use, I am not sure what goes on in Coquitlam - it was all strange behaviour on a Friday night. Hey, but a satisfying win (a few pops were drank around the poker table later that night... and morning), and entertaining for the few fans that wandered by (had a chance to say hi to Scotty). Just wish the soccer game that was threatening had actually broken out.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

No huge surprise about deenav69 being wrong - especially since he's slipped down the depth chart to being the 3rd best soccer player in his family:p .

Glad to hear that Scotty's still around to kick. Isn't he still playing with the Lowbums?

Must be something in the air there - "Toy Referee?" Are you sure you haven't been affected too? Will have to come out this Saturday to straighten you out, and make sure you haven't been spending too much time with IanDWhiteKnight. Are we still on for the pilgrimage to the Urban Ballet that night?

Us vs MerryLosers on Sunday at Hastings if the weather holds and hangovers permit (of course they normally make us play better).

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

Get it together, the ballet starts Friday (tomorrow) night. 7pm at the Med. Grill, Smythe and Granville -- yuling at the Yale to follow. On the way to Calgary tonight, but hoping to be back in time for the festivities.

Ho Ho Ho

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

Falta de mi. For some reason I thought Dennis' message said Saturday, but just checked it and noted the correct date.

Ya voy!

Greek Geek: there's more than just one guy on a team....

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Stew, I might be out and about tonight.

Bring my shirt..... :rolleyes:

I'll probably be passed out on Granville, leave it beside my feet. ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ambleside, and all grass parks in West Van, is closed due to snow.

VFF vs WVan Peg is therefore postponed. Hopefully maybe one or two of the other games will be on so I can watch, post, and be accused of moaning. :p

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
J:

No huge surprise about deenav69 being wrong - especially since he's slipped down the depth chart to being the 3rd best soccer player in his family:p .

Trece

For the record I'm not the 3rd best player in the family, I can still run circles around my daughter, 16 months is no excuse no to be able to stay on your feet.

Being the responsible and proactive Civil Servant, please take note
http://vancouver.ca/parkfinder_wa/index.cfm?fuseaction=FAC.FieldStatus

and thus ends my week of thanklessly serving the highly appreciative citizen of this here fair city.... :D

Cheers, time to catch up on xmas shopping..... no better way to get into the spirit then going to the mall....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we play this weekend:

Picks:

Inter/PCOV...tie.
SFU/Lobbans...SFU
Columbus/Cracovia...Columbus
Sapperton/VFF...this one has a tie written all over it, but Scotty is (relatively) nice to me and WAB isn't, and I am quite sensitive, so I pick VFF :p.
WFC Westside vs WVFC Peg: I pick the opposite of whatever Peter picks. ;)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we play, Sir M! Another cancellation week and we'll all go crazy. My picks:

ICSF Inter vs. Portuguese Club (Opposite of Sir M.)
SFU Royals vs. Vancouver Lobbans (SFU)
Columbus FC vs. Cracovia FC (Columbus)
WFC Westside vs. West Van FC (West Van)
Sapperton Rovers vs. Vancouver Firefighters (Sapperton)

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
If we play, Sir M! Another cancellation week and we'll all go crazy. My picks:

ICSF Inter vs. Portuguese Club (Opposite of Sir M.)
So we agree you guys are on a tie then SCK? :)

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm. Have to think about that one.. Nope. My point is a win hopefully. However, PCOV are playing better though. We'll see how SCP plays. I heard he still has a hangover...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK: club officials have prohibited me from drinking wine and scotch Saturday Night...Not Beeeeer?????

My Picks
Columbus
FF
WFC vs West Van...this one will depend on how many hours of sleep the West Van get's the night before or any for that matter...I will take Sir M's Team for the number of AA members on his peg squad...by the way can you email me that number as well???
SFU
Inter vs Portuguese...I will take the easy way out...the opposite of SCK

Cheers

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I promised a bbq after our game to show you guys how it's done but I'll have to get back to you on it. We train tomorrow night and I'll see if the boys are up to it...or let me know if you guys would be into sticking around for some food.

ICSF Inter vs. Portuguese Club—Inter
SFU Royals vs. Vancouver Lobbans—SFU
Columbus FC vs. Cracovia FC—Columbus
WFC Westside vs. West Van FC—Westside (secret weapon)
Sapperton Rovers vs. Vancouver Firefighters—FF

Goood luck to all!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like SCP is still suffering from his Birthday hangover (he'll have another one tomorrow after watching Benfica beat ManUre today).:D

Inter/PCOV - tie
SFU
Columbus
Trolls (despite Peter's secret weapon)
FF

Votez pour Moi,

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Sir M, I promised a bbq after our game to show you guys how it's done but I'll have to get back to you on it. We train tomorrow night and I'll see if the boys are up to it...or let me know if you guys would be into sticking around for some food.

Goood luck to all!
Thanks Peter I will check with our guys at training on Thursday too...but Im thinkin' a BBQ may be a better shout in the new year when the weather is a bit nicer...I think knowing our guys they may prefer being inside a warm pub watching NFL...but if you guys are up to it I am sure we will stick around!!

PS Trece I should have known better than to go on this thread when I taped Champs League today to watch when I get home...:(

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

Quote "PS Trece I should have known better than to go on this thread when I taped Champs League today to watch when I get home..."

Way to go CSI, you should know better!

I can never get that quote thing to work!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW: Our team is hosting an indoor tournament for four teams who will play round robin. Thursday, December 29 from 7:00 to 11:30 p.m. at Burnaby Eight Rinks. The idea is to mix up teams. Yes, play with the competition. Maybe some will trim the fat(or maybe I'll get to kick Futball). Let Greg P. know if you're interested.
SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0