Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 Results & Banter, October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2c

Belmont - 2
Burnaby Fury - 2

Fury tied the game in the last minute in a second half where the ref stopped time every time the ball went out of bounds. Something like a 60 minute second half. FRUSTRATING to lose those points. Ref disappeared quickly so I couldn't ask him about his time keeping and what the rules say about it...he did a good job beyond that though.

Burnaby had more possession but Belmont did a great job of outworking them and making it difficult to create much. Belmont with too many regulars away to hope for much better. Burnaby's keeper looked very shaky and they are not nearly as good as when they beat us to go to div 1 two seasons ago.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain 1-4 Ravens

Well this game could have been drawn. Our goalie let's in a couple soft ones to put us down 2-0. We scored on a mistake by them and the half ends 2-1 with us all over them the latter part of it. Second half we make a few bad subs and they score the flukiest of all goals to make it 3-1 and drive the nail in the coffin. The ball stopped in some mud in front of our net and 2 of our guys go to clear the ball and nobody puts a name to it. The guy kicking the ball kicks it off our other guy and they go up 3-1, you can all start laughing now as it was funny but frustrating. Another one that got stuck in the mud went in again as our dman got outhustled. Oh well those are the breaks. On to next week.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 - Sporting Punjub 0

An unfortunate result for Sporting who could have easily been up by three in the first half had their shots not rung off our posts a few times (I say few because I lost count). They were taking advantage of some shoddy defending by NK and were even awarded a PK after a negligent hack by our stopper. Our keeper puts his hands on the shot to keep the score 1-0 NK. They pressed even more in the second which led to some opportunities in close, but that also opened up our counter-attack. We potted two more against the flow and it could have been more had our strikers been on target.

Once again, Sporting is unlucky not to take any points today; however, NK knows exactly how they feel after failing to capitalize on first half scoring chances in our last two games..only to let the other team squeak out a win.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama

Pretty accurate report. Been a while since I've seen a game that lop sided with the team under fire pulling one out. The signs of a brand new first year team are showing. Although hopefully it is only temporary.

Props to NK though, they seem like one of the better teams in this division.

Cheers
LadiesJatt

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
When your Girl points at your crutch and then laughs,it's time to go to the bathroom and use the wrist again.
Thanx for the spanking robj, I needed it.

I say again, only you would know. Stop spanking yourself!

Speks

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Socceroos,
Were you the dim witted pylon with the goofy accent on the sidelines for the whole game? (If not, say hi to that loser for me) Just curious if you're so keen - albeit lame - on the trash talk because it's the only action you see? Congrats though, losing by just one probably feels like a victory.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2c

bandcamp said:
Belmont - 2
Burnaby Fury - 2

Fury tied the game in the last minute in a second half where the ref stopped time every time the ball went out of bounds. Something like a 60 minute second half. FRUSTRATING to lose those points. Ref disappeared quickly so I couldn't ask him about his time keeping and what the rules say about it...he did a good job beyond that though.

Burnaby had more possession but Belmont did a great job of outworking them and making it difficult to create much. Belmont with too many regulars away to hope for much better. Burnaby's keeper looked very shaky and they are not nearly as good as when they beat us to go to div 1 two seasons ago.

that pretty much summed it up .We had the majority of the play but didn't look good doing it.Ugly football by both sides and burnaby were lucky to get the point in the final minute.Full marks to belmont backline as they gave our frontrunners problems all day and went in hard.Still missing 4 starters and a keeper who has never played goal before(which was evident on the second goal)but no excuses.Good sportsmanship by burnaby to play the game when the ref asked if we wanted the three points due to a jersey conflict.We came all that way to play so we wore the beanies and got on with it.Not looking forward to practice this week after another half ass performance.Big test this week against shaheen and chance to put some distance between us and the pack

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed Spazz. To get promoted you can not afford to drop points to mid-table muckers like Belmont :eek:

Maybe they don't want to get promoted? What did they have in div 1 last year - 1 point? From what I've seen there is no team in our group that could compete in div 1 without a significant player injection (that's dirty).

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Maybe they don't want to get promoted? What did they have in div 1 last year - 1 point? From what I've seen there is no team in our group that could compete in div 1 without a significant player injection (that's dirty).

that's for sure.....just look at my old squad firemen "c"

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that's for sure.....just look at my old squad firemen "c"

That's no lie.... :rolleyes:

Bancamp-wasn't slaggin Belmont... was just thinking that if Fury had all their starters, especially the keeper, they may have won.

Looking at the standings, the Ravens look like thet could hold their own in Div1 but I've never seen them play so I have no idea if they're lucking out or what??

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ravens would be a bottom feeder in Div 1. They usually help to produce low scoring, tight checking games but don't post many goals against comparable or better teams.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only teams that hold their own are ones that go pretty much unblemished in div 2. In 2C this year the Ravens, Burnaby and Shaheen will all compete for the top but their is no clear favourite - they're all about the same. I can see all of those teams dropping points against lesser teams like Belmont and E-Walk (they're better than their start suggests).

So no, I disagree, there is no team that would last in div 1 from our group.

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Ravens would be a bottom feeder in Div 1. They usually help to produce low scoring, tight checking games but don't post many goals against comparable or better teams." -keeper

i find it interesting how one could critique a team without ever seeing them play. have to agree with bandcamp that it will be between fury, shaheen, ravens...but you left out alemania. should be good competion for the promo spot. any team moving up to div1 obviously needs improvement to stay up. that's what happened to the fury last year, and firemen c and primos this year. either they didn't improve their teams enough and/or their fitness is not up to that level. but i have to disagree with the statement that no one in 2c could compete in div1.
i do think we (ravens) could compete in div 1 with only a couple of pickups..call me biased :rolleyes:
this being my first post, just want to say hi to all the posters on here...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whichever team goes up in 2C, they will definitely have to add some depth in the d-lines because I found that most of the teams so far have had weak defenses campared to that of a div.1 team. (having scored against everyteam so far)

There's a little trash for ya. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0