Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 Results & Banter, October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bukkakemon - correct, I forgot Alemania but the point remains the same: Ravens, Shaheen, Fury, Alemania are ALL ABOUT THE SAME and will take points off each other all year. They will also drop points against teams they shouldn't - it's already happening.

What we do not have have in our group is a team who is a significant notch above the rest and deserves to go up. The Ravens are a good div 2 team but just that, a div 2 team. And that's in a very watered down div 2.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, from this past weekend. My view of the ravens.

Strong, pacey, and straight to the point. Some good midfielders. Forwards were ok. and in need of shooting practise. :p

G

Goodtimes

I would have to agree with Bandcamp. From what I have seen, I dont think there is a clear 2c winner nor a true Div 1 contender. But, if Fury is any indication of a former Div 1 team, then I would have to say over 3/4 of 2c could have a chance at the Div 1 spot. I was pretty disappointed in what I saw from Fury. They didnt have much in the way of anything. I think the Ravens will take the division. They are a group of past, present and future ex criminals and cons. They dive, they are cheap, and most of them look like they are out on a day pass. I think they intimidate teams a bit - when you have 11 hot head neaderthals bouncing around the pitch, they are bound to raise some havoc. They are just all excited that there arent vertical bars all around them. I especially like Rico Chavez up front with his hair elasitc and greasy slicked back curly hair and white/red boots....a fire hazard to say the least.

I truly think the team to watch out for is Belmont. We wont win the division, not even close, but we will take some valuable points away from teams who desperately need them. Alemania will simply self implode (which is always fun to watch) especially Yappy in the back and Coiffed Styled Hair Guy up front, Fury doesnt have much to begin with so I cant imagine they will be any different by the end of the season, and the Ravens would just as soon stab you with infected needles that are laying all over their home park as they would play soccer - they have the least to lose, either way, they will get a warm meal, a dry place to sleep and a phone call.

~ Little General

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont "Goodtimes" said:
I But, if Fury is any indication of a former Div 1 team, then I would have to say over 3/4 of 2c could have a chance at the Div 1 spot. ~ Little General

the Fury aren't a good indication of a DIv 1 team as they barely made anappearance there at all last year.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the fury were nowhere near a div 1 team when they went up and are nowhere near now!!the year they went up(i think a playoff game against pgr)
they had something like 9 or 10 ties.That is hardly running away with the division.Most teams that go up find it hard to score goals but can usually muck out a few singles.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain 4 Elephant Walk 1

The first thirty minutes were pretty even with EW probably outplaying us a bit and up 1-0, although we did have several chances at that point also. Then they died. They have some skill for sure but look old and heavy too. It was like someone flicked the old fitness switch to "off" for EW and we finished the first half with the ball stuck in their end. Second half we took it to them right from the start. They had nothing left and we scored four unanswered goals, almost five but Marco could only nail the crossbar with a nice crack. Champlain's Keeper had another tidy game at stopper. I saw some fatties hanging out by the pitch so maybe he was on a mission to impress 'em. He likes them big, you know.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC B 1 - 1 Surrey United

We got off to a terrible start but managed to survive the first 20 minutes, from there I thought we dominated the rest of the game. They scored first midway through the second half against the flow and between some quality chances by us. We pounded away hitting post after post until finally were awarded a controversial spot shot. DMAN stepped up confidently and missed, luckily the rebound came right back to him, he then decided to score, that was with 30 seconds left and kept us undefeated on the season and tied for first. Surrey will complain that they got robbed with the call but in fact were very lucky not to lose !!

Cheers, Mackers.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Post Mack

Sounds almost exactly like Hollywood's description .. except he stated their guy mis-kicked and it floated over him ......

Big Game this weekend W.S Rino's : 1st game of a Double header
( A's play after ...) then Boo Halloween party
For first place eh.......

The Clocks fall back a hr this weekend ... pretty sure it's Sunday ?

T

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot,

Welcome to TTP, I haven't been on for awhile but thought I would try writing in again. Hollywood was right, the guy was trying to cross it and it fooled Brad, the worst part was it was their only chance, we should have won but just could not finish our dinner, ask Pipes next you see him about the chance he missed ?!?!?

So, is Fletch coming out this year again ??

Cheers, Mackers.

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
feel the love...

so we're a cheap team? i don't think so. we go in hard, we play hard, but we're not cheap. in our game against you the ref let the game get a little out of control, but there wasn't much cheap shite, just two teams going in hard. but you're probably the piece of trash that was yelling at our player who was down with a broken leg that he was cheap and took a cheap shot on your player. nothing but class. breaks his leg going in for a 50/50 ball and you guys call him cheap. yeah. you want to see cheap and dirty, "goodtimes", take a drive down to franklin and commercial and check out where your mom works evenings. one of the future cons on our team is her pimp, and he says she's the cheapest and the dirtiest whore he's got. she's even got the same nickname as you. we've had nothing but respect and good things to say about all the teams we've played, including your team. as for the promo race, only time will tell. you can trash our team all you want, but the guys on our team are nothing but quality, on and off the pitch. so say what you want, i'm here to talk soccer. in the meantime, i might take a swing down to your mom's corner and show her how i got my nickname. i wouldn't even have to touch her, thank god, but i'd better bring some reading material cuz the only thing she's going to give wood to is a german shepard.

-oh, and our home field is kensington but it's been closed. strathcona was given to us by the league.

G

Goodtimes

Just when you thought they had all got on their little yellow bus and headed for the city, another village idiot appears screaming that he missed his ride. Not to worry my little mental soldier, the bus will be back in your trailer park soon, and you will be re-united with your Commercial/Franklin east side trash before you know it. To be honest, I didnt even know where Franklin was until I read your post and looked it up- gotta say something I would think.

To TTP members: I would like to apologize on behalf of "butt****man" for his wonderful insight and obvious creativity in his preceding post. The psychiatric ward limits its patients to only 15 minutes of freedom a day, at which time they are urged to express how they really feel and show emotion when communicating with others. He was confused - it happens when "voices" start interrupting each other and begin to use big words....like "mom","cheap", "field" and "wood".

~Little General

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JimBeam 2 Cleo's 1

With everygame being a key game from now until the end of the season, the JB's came out hard in the first 30 minutes of the game. Unfortunately, the goals were hard to come by as we both teams battled the strong wind and some players, battled the ball (Me, whats new). Cleo's are not a bad team and have some good defensive positioning and very strong goalkeeping. We were however, lacking (Me again) in executing in the 18. Against the play, Cleos took the ball down the wing and with a wish and prayer, their Mid "crosses the ball" which loops up and over the keeper, and into that favorite 1x1 slot known as "pick that shizat out of your net sucka!" With lots of time left in the Game, the JB's continue to pressure with a bit less composure but pressure still the least. Campbell comes thru with some magic after the half on a great possesion with 7 touches in their half and a beautiful Rip to open netting past the Cleo's keep. This was definetly a turning point as the JimBeam engines began cycling up and our play both ramped up and smoothed out.

The Cleo's club did not give up and still had some good opportunities but the writing was on the wall and Campbell made good again Midway through the 2nd half on another great shot that beat the sharp Cleo's goalie.

All in all, we should have done better but, where we were lacking in finish and smart play at times, we made up for in grit and pulled out a come from behind victory.

On to Maplewood next week and another mental physical test of 90minutes of soccer.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Macker

Fletch will Live ... If I can still fit the suit
Well ...........Soup's wore (spelling ?) it so I should still be able to slip into

Wish I could be playing .. MRI Nov 2nd ... I got a connection @ ST Pauls
to sneak me in ... should find out results Nov 10th

It's really hard to watch but with the Double Header
@ King George that RUFC get's once every season set's up for a great
evening
Bring on W/S and hopefully three point's
T-out

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Goodtimes" and "buk....mon",

That's some good shtuff, and some true piss-taking, i'm surprised the moderator let's you lads get away with some of the content but it's entertaining nonetheless !!

Regs, have the rules lightened up a bit since i've been away ??

Cheers, Mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
T-Idiot,

Saturday will be a great day, hopefully starting with a couple of "Idiot" victories, especially against Rino's, I hope Mr. Cuffe is playing, I love kicking him !!

Cheers, mackers.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
T.Cuffe ........

It will be great to see him ... Last time i saw him was in the summer
he was in net with about 9 Premier players playing againest
35-40 something's to a 1-1 draw

T

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
is this a div 2 site or div 2 Cat site or both ??????????????????????

I don't recognize have the shti here

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bukkakemon,

I'm trying to figure out who you are.
I do know quite a few of your players.
Considering that fact that half the team doesn't know how to use a computer, this shouldn't be that hard. Also, considering your comments, I can rule out some of the ender statesmen on the team.

Who broke thier leg?
Are Kirby and Ralph still on the team?

As for the Ravens as a whole, they are good team with alot of determination.
The easiest way to beat them is to get them off their game by getting under thier skin. The guys that provide alot of thier playmaking are hot heads and easily distracted when played aggresively. They are getting alittle long in the tooth. I also agree that if they get promotion they will have to injected better players to stay up.

My pred for this year is to see Shaheen get back to Div. 1 with Ravens, Alemania and Burnaby close behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0