Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 Results & Banter, October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A change of topic would be nice...

I know there's a Raven out there somewhere - WHAT HAPPENED? A pre-game brawl?

G

Goodtimes

.........not enough Raven players could get their day passes in time so they could field a team!

fredsanchez

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here it is! there was no pregame brawl or anything of the sort. these two clubs have a long history and a good rivalry with each other. this goes way back to when the ravens were called optima or even alpen club. anyways.....
1 word = boring!! the game was abd around 10-15 into the 2nd half with alememania up 1-0. They scored in the middle of the 1st, with a nice finish by their striker, well it better have been nice cause there was none of our defenders within 10 -15 yds of him. Complete f'n brain fart on their behalf, but whatevs.

so why did it get abd? 2 teams playing hard and physical, 1 ref not willing to make any calls one way or the other = do what you can get away with. at 1 point in the 2nd, i think it might have been yappy in the back, was telling his team "knees & elbows boys, knees & elbows!" then they had a corner and as they were setting up one of their guys ran our goalie. the ref never saw it and so our guy who was marking him, obviously did what he had to do. right? nothing happened though. they were both a ways away from any other players. ref ran over and called the game telling both teams to leave the pitch. the only response from both clubs was WTF?? are you serious? so i guess we have to wait to see what the ref writes in his report, and how the league deals with it. does anyone out there think that the refs in our league need to take better control of the games? meaning handing out a couple of yellows or stern warnings early to let the teams know that he won't be fcuked with.

anyways just meant more time to have beers in the sun!

cheers all

ps: "goodtimes" the result wouldn't read ABD if we did not have a full squad! and how is the guy on your team that was in that 50/50 when our teams played each other? he was ok right?

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
That's right Keeper it was WFC Rangers A + B 5 goals Club Ireland A and Hibs 1. Thanks for coming out!!! Nothing like taking 6 points from the Irish. It was like taking candy from a baby!!!! Unlucky for the Keeper to have to lose his shut out to a P.K.

And also.... in the U-21 Division...

Westside - 5
Club I - 2

Wasn't St. Paddy's Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0