Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Division 2 Results & Banter, October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noticed the Alemania/Ravens game got abandoned today. Anyone out there with info?

Shaheen 2
Belmont 1

A lot of moaning and diving from Shaheen; ref bought into plenty of it - giving them a penalty shot in the last 10 minutes. Belmont worked hard and won the tackles all day and really came at Shaheen in the second half but are left without any points. At times the ref was great and at times he really lost control - no surprise I guess - we are in div 2...

Still really disappointed with the quality of the the top div 2 teams. We just finished playing Alemania, Fury and Shaheen and they would all be mid to low table teams just a few years ago. We'll take more points off all of them later in the season when we get a bit more familiar with each other.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal Utd vs Cobras was also abandoned with Royals getting the 3-1 victory?? Love to hear how that happened as we get Royal next week. Suspensions sure won't help their promotion cause!! Should be interesting to hear about the Ravens / Alemania too.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
We'll take more points off all of them later in the season when we get a bit more familiar with each other.

Bandcamp,

Maybe you should try candle lit dinners and long walks on the beach.....

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aawww, The Ranger. Under all those tats, and after all those ankle-breaker tackles, you're just a softie at heart. No wonder all the spectator girls think you're such a sweetie. :D

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGU (2) vs Sporting (0) "(PG not what they used to be)" ;-)

PGU, best effort of the season. They had a lot of the play and we were lucky to come away with a 2-nil win... we got lucky on a bad offside deflection call that should have evened things up and then got a gimme in the last seconds to make it 2...

an aside. anyone know what the actual rule is about standing in front of the ball on a free kick? this ref would let a guy stand 1, 2, 3 yards away and wouldn't do a thing unless you asked him. then he would blow it and count it off. so then every kick became a stand in front of the ball free for all. aren't you supposed to get a card somewhere in there? i haven't reffed a game in 15 years...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref is correct - you have to ask for the 10 yards. Until you do so, the opposition can stand in front of the ball.

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 4 Champlain 3, this one hurts boys, no excuses we had everyone today. It seemed every time our defense had a brain numb they scored. The were up 2-0 at half, even though we had out chanced them 10-3. Their first goal was scored by their stopper on a breakaway, I still don't know how that happen or even their second which their forward out ran are defender from behind to pop in a cross. The second we really took it them with Dap scoring early of a powerful header, and then our left back sent a rocket in to make it 2-2. But then mis-communication on a pass back from our sweeper to our goalkeeper led to our keeper bringing down their forward for the pk goal, then even more ugliness as a cross from the 40 yard lin somehow found the net, we scored another one and hit a post and had several more chances but couldn't find a equalizer. We were the better team by far but the score suggests otherwise, damn ugly

RBM

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
teelay, thanks for the response!! doesn't that open the door to delaying free kicks every time? i could swear there was a rule added a few years back that made it a yellow... if you're standing a yard away, you're in obvious and blatant disregard of something... and in fact guys on my team have gotten yellows for exactly that in recent memory... oh well...

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
kastro23 said:
Yaletown 4 Champlain 3, this one hurts boys, no excuses we had everyone today. It seemed every time our defense had a brain numb they scored. The were up 2-0 at half, even though we had out chanced them 10-3. Their first goal was scored by their stopper on a breakaway, I still don't know how that happen or even their second which their forward out ran are defender from behind to pop in a cross. The second we really took it them with Dap scoring early of a powerful header, and then our left back sent a rocket in to make it 2-2. But then mis-communication on a pass back from our sweeper to our goalkeeper led to our keeper bringing down their forward for the pk goal, then even more ugliness as a cross from the 40 yard lin somehow found the net, we scored another one and hit a post and had several more chances but couldn't find a equalizer. We were the better team by far but the score suggests otherwise, damn ugly

kastro23...........I'd normally shrug off your match report as shoddy revisionist history (am I the only one who notices this?), but I'll say this to anyone who reads yours or Champlain Keeper's match reports: your embellishments are getting annoying. Now, I won't get into a pissing match or email handbags with you over this, but give me a break, YOU DO THIS EVERY WEEK! "Shitty refs, offside goals, we hit a million posts, oooh we are so good, aren't we......." Christ, it's exhausting. Every team you play you whinge about. If I decided to write a match report just like yours, it would go something like this:

"We mowed them down with our obvious technical superiority, bag-of-tricks flair, rugged good looks and natty uniforms, preceding a 60-yard van Basten-esque half volley their keeper couldn't have stopped with a five minute warning and a step ladder. After one more highlight reel dream goal, we got lazy and decided to have a tea party at the beginning of the second half and--gasp--they scored 2 GOALS. But gee whiz, we nipped it at the end........4-3"

That's what you guys sound like, every Sunday.

For the record, I spoke with your goalie after the match, and he wasn't thrilled with your team's impotence. Do us all a favour, willya, and don't slag off a team that beat you fair and square. It makes you look a) small, and b) shrill. Do what we do (and most other teams in this league do): play fair, play hard, and don't making whinging excuses, win, lose or draw, have some beers, go home. Is that too much to ask?

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One more thing, I didn't want to imply that you guys didn't play well (you did, for the most part) or that you don't have good players (you do, number 21, number 9)...

....quits, then, and good luck next week, simple as that.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane16 which one were you on the pitch?

Anyways I don't make excuses. Your first goal came because our goalie (I haven't played in net since week 1 by the way) and his thing for the offside, it backfired and your guy made a good run and slotted a nice goal. Your second goal was a flukey one but they all count. We scored a couple and our second was rather fortunate but again they all count. The third was my mistake as the ball bounced funny off my thigh and our sweeper made a poor pass forcing our keeper to foul your guy and your fourth if our keeper wants to say we play like shite well then he should look at some goals he lets in. Please tell me that was no fluke. Kastro didn't say that you guys didn't deserve the win it's just that we made a lot of mistakes and you guys took advantage. The rematch should be a good one and I hope you weren't that number 7 who was flopping all over the field. Take the win and don't be arrogant about it!!

Anyways I'll let Dap deal with you tomorrow.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy, turbo...............slow down just a bit. I think you're missing my point: I'm not arrogant about the win in the least, I never am. I don't play--nor do my teammates--to rub it in when we win (we still have a losing record, so we can't take swipes at anyone, and don't), or make excuses when we lose. I can understand feeling hard done by poor refereeing, but today the reffing was pretty even-handed (and to be fair to you, you didn't complain about it), but I took exception to the fact that to an impartial reader of your match report, your team crushed us everywhere but the scoresheet. Not so. I won't carp, but WILL defend an unjustified attack on my team. As I don't expect anyone not on your team to be concerned with your match reports, just as I don't expect anyone to give a shite about what I write either...........I'm merely defending my team, as you're defending yours. Fair play. I don't know what to make of "I'll let Dap deal with you tomorrow......" Should I expect a mugging? A drive-by "accident" on the way to work? A midget charging at me with a roll of quarters in a sock?

Seriously, it's funny to read the little battles that go on in these forums--I'm all for taking the piss--but to skew the facts pisses me off. You guys have a good team, and there's no bad blood between our teams, so play on. All in all it was a decent day, no? Sunny day, good footie, beers after, no tib fib fractures.............anyway, well played, see you at David Lam next time.......

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point exactly it was a good game. Angelo is a great ref and I never use reffing as an excuse. Whether I say our team screwed up is different. I said you guys got the win and that's that. We've only been badly outplayed by 1 team this year and that was Alemania. Aside from that we have found a way to shoot ourselves in the foot alot which might have cost us points and that's all we are saying. The penalty you guys got today was a penalty but it was a bad decision by our player, which happens, and your fourth I don't know what to say but those are the breaks. It will be a good game against our 2 clubs next time. Good luck the rest of the way. I won't cry about it but it gets frustrating watching the same type of goals go in against you week after week.

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keane16, no offence but thats how I felt, I was the one with the bum knee and late tackle early in the game. All I know, no matter what I say the score says you won and we lose, so we couldn't of played that well. As for our keeper maybe I'll let him talk about his own play, then the rest of the team. Also from what I saw, you guys were complaining about numbers earlier in the season, but looked like you had a full squad today and played very well together for a first year team. I also agree we got nothing to say about the referee, he was great as Angelo usually is, and from what I saw you guys a class side and good luck, hopefully you pull some more wins. Remind me when we play next time, I'll buy you a beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0