Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Provisional & Predicions Aug/Sept 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Hopefully it wasn't the same one I was eating!!!! :p
Agreed. 1 - 1 then.....wait I should never assume that maybe you managed a brace of beaver tails. :cool:

Good luck on the weekend as well. Save the beaver for later!!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Hopefully it wasn't the same one I was eating!!!! :p

hopefully not indeed...ive seen the guy eat and it ain't pretty!
and he couldnt save anything for later, especially beaver.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple GFC 4 -0 Vancouver Olympiks "B". Temple dominated the majority of the game, netting a goal in the first 5 minutes and never looking back. Vancouver needs to improve thier back line as well as their forwards. Not sure if they were missing a few key guys or what.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BFC Classic 2
RFC UTD 0

YES ...that is right.....bottom dwellers 2 and RUFC 0. I think that woudld be 2-1-0 for BRC Classic now. Certtainly not bottom dwellers boys.

0-0 at half and to be honest RUFC were prety good but never really created alot in abd around the goal other than one one ball off the bar that could have seen them 1-0 up. Good solid game but ehr gerasic midfield of 38-38-41-43 beat the 25 year olds.

Good match jsut wnt our way in all honesty. 1-0 and then 2-0 on a keeper error coming late on our 6-4 striker on a header over the top.

6pts out of 9for the bottom dwellers.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
BFC Classic 2
RFC UTD 0

YES ...that is right.....bottom dwellers 2 and RUFC 0. I think that woudld be 2-1-0 for BRC Classic now. Certtainly not bottom dwellers boys.

0-0 at half and to be honest RUFC were prety good but never really created alot in abd around the goal other than one one ball off the bar that could have seen them 1-0 up. Good solid game but ehr gerasic midfield of 38-38-41-43 beat the 25 year olds.

Good match jsut wnt our way in all honesty. 1-0 and then 2-0 on a keeper error coming late on our 6-4 striker on a header over the top.

6pts out of 9for the bottom dwellers.
Just read my quote. My drunken typing not so good.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from Honda.

Westside Division 2 CAT 2 Club Ireland Hibs Div. 2 CAT 0

I only saw the second half and it was an absolutely abyssmal half of football........for both teams. The ref was laughable too.........for both teams. It looked like a nice day to play football but you couldn't have told by the football that was being played......

SHOC-KING CSC

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers B 3 - Lobbans B 1

Despite starting with 9 men we took the lead about 20 minutes in. Lobbans tied it up about 10 minutes later. A 10th man arrived about the 35 minute mark and right after he subbed in we scored our second. 11 men by halftime and things are looking up. Despite not keeoing much possession in the 2nd half Lobbans didn't have any "really good" chances to score. One of our players took a ball? or something to the face with about 15 minutes left and the game was stopped for at least 10 minutes as his nose wouldn't stop bleeding and he seemed to keep choking on the blood. Game restarted and with 7 or 8 left our forward (actually our starting goalie) scored on a great individual effort from the half beating 2 defenders and slotting it past the keeper for his second of the game and our 3rd while short players. Great effort and team spirit showed by all of our guys who played.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Week 3 Predictions

Georgie's Best said:
Lobban's B 3
City FC B 0
Lobban's b jsut the better team today. last week was City Fc's week. Lack of players or jsut don't show up today.

Correct on the lack of players. However those that were there showed up while Lobbans did not. :knvb:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. My main focus is coaching the A team. Fairly unsuccessfully so far but it is getting better.

Mind you i have played 2 of 3 CAT games so far.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans B had a lot of guys on the bench perhaps too many, they had a few chances to bury us early but didn't. It was nice seeing some old mates from the old city fc team and lobbans still doing there stuff. They have a few quality players with lots of div. 1 experience. I think some of their mediocre players will cost them points though. As for us we are young ( except me ) and are still learning the game as a team. We should hold are own in this group.

sven9

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
Lobbans B had a lot of guys on the bench perhaps too many, they had a few chances to bury us early but didn't. It was nice seeing some old mates from the old city fc team and lobbans still doing there stuff. They have a few quality players with lots of div. 1 experience. I think some of their mediocre players will cost them points though. As for us we are young ( except me ) and are still learning the game as a team. We should hold are own in this group.

Ah yes, even I as an old City FC'er now Nomad, was amazed to see people still kickin' the ball around after all these years.

Croatia 2 - Nomads B 0

Tough match, as we (Nomads) only had 10. Despite that, we held them to 0-0 at the half, but came out flat in the 2nd. Tough first goal that should have been cleared and then a free kick just outside the box gave Croatia their goals. We missed 2 wide open chances, but they missed as well. Might of been our "intimidating" keeper who had a decent game despite the "activities" from the night before... ;)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Week 3 Predictions

BlazeArmy said:
Correct on the lack of players. However those that were there showed up while Lobbans did not. :knvb:
I've never been 100% correct all my life so why start now:p Actually I'm not surprised with the score but the fact you did it men down. Well done!! You guys have a good bunch of players from what I remeber of last year that play hard and move the ball with some pace at times. Nice result.

I have not seen Lobans play this year and am wondering who showed up for them? Obviously no Div 1 support this weekend.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions Week 4
2A

RUFC
Sikh Temple (too good a team to lose to the youth)
Rishmonds back line will be suspect against ST. Good team but wil have to play tight as a unit to get any result here. Maybe later in the season the result could be different

Rangers B
Lobbans B
Even with Help from Div 1 players the result will be the same.

Wickham FC B
Bombastic Classic
Pick em. Depends on who plays for Wickham. I pick a draw here

City FC Rangers B
Westide Rino C
Home feild advantage gives City a tie. If they don't get their players out though then they lose......big this time. Rino will not be forgiving like Lobbans were last week.

Van Oly's B
Club Ireland Hibs
No explanation needed here

2B

Lobbans C
IFC Ravens
As I said at begining of season...the new team will struggle. ravens too strong for Lobbans today.

PCOV Europa
Coatia SC UTD

Norvan SC Lions
Romania
This one ends up a tie. Why....cause I said so. Norvan is way better than their record. thsy jut need to put in a full 90 rather than 70 mins.

Nomads SC B
Surrey UTD C
Too strong for Nomads.

Sporting Punjab B
Bombastic FC B
BFC B are much stonger than than last years C team. Score will depend on BFC Strikers today.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond United "B"
Sikh Temple GFC
King George # 1
Sat/12.00pm

Sounds like Richmond is not as strong as last year but will still be competetive...key for us will be getting the ball up to our forwards which we still need to work on.

WFC Rangers "B" 2
Lobban's SC "B" 0
Hillcrest Park Ctr.
Sat/12.00pm

Rangers win....

Wickham FC "B" 0
Bombastic SC Classic 1
Inter River # 4
Sat/2.00pm

Angryman and Georgie's bunch have been on a roll, and will pull it out......a win that is.....what they do after the game is their business.

City FC Rangers "B"
Westside Rino "C"
Beach Grove
Sun/2.00pm

Rino still win even at the cow pasture.

Vancouver Olympics "B"
Club Ireland Hibs
West Point Grey S.
Sun/2.00pm

Olympics muck out a tie.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Predictions Week 4
2A
Rangers B
Lobbans B
Even with Help from Div 1 players the result will be the same.
[/color]

For the record, Lobbans have yet to use a single player from the Div 1 team. And I don't expect them to as they have a roster this year of nearly 20!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Richmond United "B"
Sikh Temple GFC
King George # 1
Sat/12.00pm

Sounds like Richmond is not as strong as last year but will still be competetive...key for us will be getting the ball up to our forwards which we still need to work on.

Wickham FC "B" 0
Bombastic SC Classic 1
Inter River # 4
Sat/2.00pm

Angryman and Georgie's bunch have been on a roll, and will pull it out......a win that is.....what they do after the game is their business.

Vancouver Olympics "B"
Club Ireland Hibs
West Point Grey S.
Sun/2.00pm

Olympics muck out a tie.
Gurps,

1)RUFC - Spoke with one of their boys after our match and asked him what the difference is between last year and this. Answer; O35 team formed and they lost their vets. They are a descent side in fact pretty good. They had one week guy on the ball back line and some chemistry problems at times.

2) Van Oly's - I have not seen Club I yet but the back end is too week with Oly's I think. We differ here Gurps so we will wait and see

3) Angryman & Georgie Porgie in the Middle. There is no pulling it out.....cause there is no putting it in!!!!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence for a win though. Again we will see. We are gelling a little after our big loss to Rangers B in the first week.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
For the record, Lobbans have yet to use a single player from the Div 1 team. And I don't expect them to as they have a roster this year of nearly 20!

Neither will we. Hoping to open the account this Saturday!!!! See you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0