Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Provisional & Predicions Aug/Sept 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry that post didn't read like that as I wrote it. Looks confusing but what can I say, I'm an "Idiot"..............................and proud of it!

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC - 3 ST- 0

Well then the "Idiots" have prevailed. A much needed win over Temple puts us at 2-2. Still lots of work to be done though.
Pretty ugly game throughout, not scrappy just weak, but the damage was done. Temple played well but could not find the net. We took a 1-0 early lead of a shot from Shearsy. One of the young guys from Temple with quick feet moved the ball out of my way and I followed through with a chop on the chins giving them a PK. I don't know if giving our keeper credit with the save is right however as the Temple player kicked it right at him with his purse. Fine by us. Can't say that we had all the pressure but we definately took advantage of our chances. We got a PK in the second and finished it. 20 minutes later we went up 3-0 and it was over. Still only had 13 out but at least we had our backline in place. On to next week!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a quick update before a shower and margaritas . . .

WFC Rangers B 6 : 1 Lobban's B

Yes, you read that right, 6 (six). It doesn't accurately reflect their play so much as it does our effort and communication today. Very well played up until the last 5 or 10 at which point everyone was pushing up to get a goal and forgetting about defense.

2-buzz at half and their heads were down. 3-buzz early in the second and they packed it in.

Their goal came with about 2 left. :(

Now to get hammered! :wa:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham B 1
Bombastic Classic 1

We were down to 9 men available the night before kickoff and our B team was playing at the same time so no cross over possibilities there and Coach didn't want to many A team players playing so we were a little worried going in. Our left back hadn't trained or played a game for 10 months and out of game shape while we were missign one of our center backs as well.

Wick outplayed us and chanced us in the first half and our bit and peice team showed a little. 1-0 at at the half and could have been 2-0 although we had 2 or 3 chances ourselves.

The 2nd half we played a little beter and then shifted to 4-3-3 form 4-4-2 and most of the pressure was in there end. I had a chance to tie at the near post with a low cross in my first touch hit the keep and with him down and out me falling and ball at feet and nothing but net 4 yards out ...one of their boys somehow got a toe on it and it stayed out. I have my one goal of the season so I shuld hav known. A little later after all aour pressure and one amazing save off of a header we finally equalized on a break a way as Wick played cards with the devil and the offside trap. THEY LOST that hand.

Good gme and Wick have all their players back after some absents in the first 3 weeks. They look pretty good so don't take them lightly.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC played well on Saturday, and deserved the win.

As for us, we were missing our starting striker as well as two starting mids due to a wedding,(not to each other, not that their is anything wrong with that) and that really hurt us, as RUFC was able to walk thru the middle freely. The game was 1-0 when we missed our PK, and I think if we had scored that, the game may have gone a little different. The turning point of the game for sure.

Full credit to RUFC though, I thought they moved the ball around well and did what they had to do.

On to Wickham next week, and we should be back to full strength.

Nice talking to Captain and Duecy after the game, and Captain did really well in the middle, no complaints at all.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Wickham B 1
Bombastic Classic 1

We were down to 9 men available the night before kickoff and our B team was playing at the same time so no cross over possibilities there and Coach didn't want to many A team players playing so we were a little worried going in. Our left back hadn't trained or played a game for 10 months and out of game shape while we were missign one of our center backs as well.

Wick outplayed us and chanced us in the first half and our bit and peice team showed a little. 1-0 at at the half and could have been 2-0 although we had 2 or 3 chances ourselves.

The 2nd half we played a little beter and then shifted to 4-3-3 form 4-4-2 and most of the pressure was in there end. I had a chance to tie at the near post with a low cross in my first touch hit the keep and with him down and out me falling and ball at feet and nothing but net 4 yards out ...one of their boys somehow got a toe on it and it stayed out. I have my one goal of the season so I shuld hav known. A little later after all aour pressure and one amazing save off of a header we finally equalized on a break a way as Wick played cards with the devil and the offside trap. THEY LOST that hand.

Good gme and Wick have all their players back after some absents in the first 3 weeks. They look pretty good so don't take them lightly.

Saw the Wick game vs. Bomb. This was a classic good soccer by both teams. I think Wick dominated the first 70 minutes, but lacked finish. Bomb had a few chances and seemed to use their big striker effectively in the air flipping it on. Too bad Wick didn't play a full 90 minutes...looked like fitness, or maybe Bomb's change in formation caused problems as Georgie pointed out. I didn't see any A players for either team, but noticed Wick were missing players just like Bomb. The Ref'ing was a nightmare......earth shattering news, I know. I would love to see this game again with both teams with their full B squad, should be a beaut.

-Hummer

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC deserved the win over Temple. RUFC moved the ball around well all game while Temple had difficulty moving the ball around. Temple had far too many turnovers in the midfield after individual players were attempting to do too much with the ball. The lack of maintaining posession and movement cost Temple the game.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
City Fc Rangers - 2 Westside Rino C - 1. Tight game with our subs creating and scoring with 5 minutes left. Good official, with the whistle in the Mr. Burns mouth. Maybe Army, or anyone else can fill in details. Next week will be a tough double header at Hillcrest against WFC Rangers. Our A and B against there A and B. I am sure the critics will once again put our club on the bottom of both these matches.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC Rangers A/B (I'm not exactly sure based on the 42 man team list they gave us, but our coach recognized their A team captain sweeping for them today) 2 - 1 Westside Rino C

An extremely frustrating loss for us. We have dropped 4 points the past 2 games against inferior competition. Much like a couple times last year (see: Croatia Classic and Kosova Sandzak), we have played down to the level of our opponents. City FC Rangers are big (except the diminutive davey_bc), slow, and foul a whole heck of a lot. I thought the ref did a good job calling the match, so really it was lack of finish that was our biggest problem today as we definitely outchanced our opponents. Lots of work to do on the training ground...

Next week WFC Rangers A & B will have no problem handling the City FC Rangers teams, because WFC's A team is WAY stronger (featuring numerous ex-Rino Premier players) than City FC's and City FC B won't be able to use their A players in the double header as they did against us today...

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
An extremely frustrating loss for us. We have dropped 4 points the past 2 games against inferior competition. Much like a couple times last year (see: Croatia Classic and Kosova Sandzak), we have played down to the level of our opponents. City FC Rangers are big (except the diminutive davey_bc), slow, and foul a whole heck of a lot. I thought the ref did a good job calling the match, so really it was lack of finish that was our biggest problem today as we definitely outchanced our opponents. Lots of work to do on the training ground...

Perhaps an edge in the play, and maybe 2 more in the goal chance department. Your center mid is pretty slick, its a good thing he couldn't get by our D. But your finish!! Last year when I was with PG United, we knocked you out of the playoffs and you guys had the same excuse. I know why you have a C team, cause none of you will ever progress. Look forward for the rematch.

For the record, our center D man was the only A player playing today. And about the fouls.I thought we where even in that department too ( myself fouled twice on a late slide tackle ane one from behind in our corner. We will have to confirm with S.Burns about the excact percentage..

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
City FC Rangers A/B (I'm not exactly sure based on the 42 man team list they gave us, but our coach recognized their A team captain sweeping for them today) 2 - 1 Westside Rino C

Next week WFC Rangers A & B will have no problem handling the City FC Rangers teams, because WFC's A team is WAY stronger (featuring numerous ex-Rino Premier players) than City FC's and City FC B won't be able to use their A players in the double header as they did against us today...

Perhaps an edge in the play, and maybe 2 more in the goal chance department. Your center mid is pretty slick, its a good thing he couldn't get by our D. But your finish!! Last year when I was with PG United, we knocked you out of the playoffs and you guys had the same excuse. I know why you have a C team, cause none of you will ever progress. Look forward for the rematch.

For the record, our center D man was the only A player playing today. And about the fouls.I thought we where even in that department too ( myself fouled twice on a late slide tackle ane one from behind in our corner. We will have to confirm with S.Burns about the excact

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:
I know why you have a C team, cause none of you will ever progress.

So is moving from Div 2 to Div 2 CAT this year a progression for you? What are you at -- 3 teams in 3 years? Certainly progressive switches every time :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
davey_bc said:

For the record, our center D man was the only A player playing today. And about the fouls.I thought we where even in that department too ( myself fouled twice on a late slide tackle ane one from behind in our corner. We will have to confirm with S.Burns about the excact

I thought the fouls and calls were pretty even. :D But what else am I going to say? ;)

Overall, it was a clean game with the odd wreckless challenge. I enjoyed the game. Cheers.

Hail Hail

TAL

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza said:
So is moving from Div 2 to Div 2 CAT this year a progression for you? What are you at -- 3 teams in 3 years? Certainly progressive switches every time :rolleyes:

I have allready played out my div. 1 years years ago. At 38 I am comfortable playing div 2. So progress to me is helping a team who last year was pretty mediocre, to being pretty good this year ( At least at the CAT level )

City FC Rangers is a Ladner based team, since I know the guy who started the team and now live out here. Why not play.. Driving to Clinton park for Lobbans or playing with the loosing efforts of PGU/Unicorns just wasn't the answer.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC Rangers 2 - Rino C 1

Good clean game in Tsawwassen today. Unfortunate incident in the first half when their forward collided with our keeper's arm has he cleared a through ball but he continued on after a couple of minutes on the side to clean up some blood.

Our first goal came on a long throw into the box, that was flicked on and finished well by our forward. He made a nice effort to fling his leg at it and get on net and was able to beat the keeper. The slick field seemed to cause both teams trouble in controlling the ball in the mids and there were plenty of turnovers and bad passes from both sides.

Neither side had much else in the way of glorious chances in the first half with Westside sending 4 or 5 balls into the top of the 18 yard box that never became scoring chances and ourselves putting 4 or 5 throws or free kicks into the box with nothing doing in the chance department.

Westside made a couple of changes at Halftime that seemed to perk their game up a little bit. Our keeper made 1 nice save and the rebound was mis-qued off for a goal kick. They had a couple of long runs/ through balls that were snuffed out inside the box by defenders coming back or the keeper coming out. We had a few long range efforts easily stopped and a couple of opportunities to slip the ball behind the defense to the oncoming mid/striker easily stopped. Their equalizer came off of a mistake between our keeper and sweeper. Keeper called for the ball the defender was going to get to, so d man left it, keeper didn't get there, easy finish into the empty goal.

Rino started to control the game a bit more at this point as i think our fitness issues started to show but were unable to get anything on net to trouble our keeper. We made 3 subs at the hour mark and the game settled into a see-saw affair with both teams throwing through balls into the other half that were for the most part easily handled by the respective d's.

Our 2nd came with about 8 minutes left. Our defender won a ball off their forward just inside our half and played a give and go with our center mid who got the ball back again, chipped a ball forward to our left mid who took a touch and crossed it to our forward free at the top of the box. He took a touch and beat the keeper to his bottom right side. Last few minutes spent by us defending various long balls up the field.

Dezza, you did have more "scoring" chances but if you can't hit the net or even get a shot off it isn't much of a chance . Our size and willingness to battle for the ball really came out today as i thought we won most of the 50/50 battles. As for using our "A" players against you today, we played two( todays sweeper and todays 1st goal scorer who is actually our A team keeper), our regular b team sweeper is hurt and his backup had a hot water tank blow at his house this morning and was unable to attend the game. We had 3 or 4 A team members watching and one dress who did not play. I expect us to be in tough next week in both our games but seeing as both teams played against each other a crapload of times in the summer we probably aren't going to see anything unexpected. We know we will need to defend better than today and make better use offensively of the throw ins and free kicks in the final 3rd.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
Saw the Wick game vs. Bomb. This was a classic good soccer by both teams. I think Wick dominated the first 70 minutes, but lacked finish. Bomb had a few chances and seemed to use their big striker effectively in the air flipping it on. Too bad Wick didn't play a full 90 minutes...looked like fitness, or maybe Bomb's change in formation caused problems as Georgie pointed out. I didn't see any A players for either team, but noticed Wick were missing players just like Bomb. The Ref'ing was a nightmare......earth shattering news, I know. I would love to see this game again with both teams with their full B squad, should be a beaut.

-Hummer
Always glad to hear the footie can be entertaining. I love your comment about our fitness kicking in. Myself and Angryman felt a slight step off as their number 7 was pretty quick and skilled. I think I woudl play him differently next time around. They play similar to us moving the ball around and then attacking. We may have just dug down deeper to find that goal while they were tiring a little. Another great game to play in.

So far I have to say that I have found all the teams we have played decent sides that play hard but very fair. No dirty crap as of yet. I'm enjoying my footie this year.

Next week on to Rino C. This will be tough for us and we will probably play very similar to the way we played Richmond. They will be young and we will be wise!!

If that doesn't work then at least the cooler will be full of R&B Beer!!

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next week will be a tough double header at Hillcrest against WFC Rangers. Our A and B against there A and B. I am sure the critics will once again put our club on the bottom of both these matches.[/QUOTE]

Should be 2 good matches this week. After putting the first one in the net...........I'll be looking for more!!!!!!!!!! :wa:

We were expecting a good game with the Lobbans but they really threw in the towel after 45. ????

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
We were expecting a good game with the Lobbans but they really threw in the towel after 45. ????

They seemed to be disinterested when we played them a few weeks ago. Tey had us outmanned and we were winning the 50/50 balls and all sorts or room to movr the ball even when 2 short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts