Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2 CAT] Provisional & Predicions Aug/Sept 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
WFC Rangers will be strong.. Stronger then last year. and if they finished all of their games they would have finished only 2 or 3 points out of first place. And this year cuz of the likes of Smalley ( not so small this year) and a couple of others, I think maybe a couple of guys got sent down from the A team.

Deucy

Correct.....we had about 6 new guys join us this year on the A side and the B side is looking much better this year.[/QUOTE]

No doubt Rangers B will be hard to beat if they continue with that lineup-very different team on Sat than last year.....

angrymaneatsthecanofwhupass

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
angryman said:
No doubt Rangers B will be hard to beat if they continue with that lineup-very different team on Sat than last year.....

And.... that Rangers "B" squid you faced last week only used 2 players from the "A" team, neither of whom even played 90 minutes!
The CAT team is definetly decent!

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that they (Westside Rangers "B") could be the greatest CAT team of all time.....nationals isnt out of the question.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for the weekend...

Richmond United "B" - 2 Westside Rino "C" 1

Richmond still wins even with the loss of Mackers :D

WFC Rangers "B" - Sikh Temple GFC ????????

Should be a good game.....MOTW???

Nomads SC "B" 1 Lobban's SC "C" 1

Battle of the basement dwellers......where is Div 3 when you need it?

Sporting Punjab "B" 2 Surrey Utd. "C" 1

SP to surprise....

Norvan SC Lions 1 IFC Ravens 2

Ravens to do well this year....

PCOV Europa 1 Bombastic SC "B" 0

Lack of strikers will make it a defensive battle

City FC Rangers "B" 0 Wickham FC "B" - 1

Wickham should be better

Vancouver Olympics "B" 2 Bombastic SC Classic 2

Both teams will need the win, as the games will only get tougher, thus neither wins....

Lobban's SC "B" 0 Club Ireland Hibs 2

Club I too much for Lobbans

Croatia SC United 1 BC Romania - 0

Romania played a poor team the week before....

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week Two - Group A

Richmond United B v Westside Rino C
- They weren't pretty to watch last week, but I can't see Rino dropping all three points. Besides, Richmond doesn't have the youth & speed Rino (the team, not the man) does.

WFC Rangers B v Sikh Temple GFC
- I agree, Gurps, the MOTW. It'll be a good battle. (hopefully, no rain)

City FC Rangers B v Wickham FC B
- Purely by the relative strengths of their A teams, Wickham is the only real choice between these early bottom dwellers.

Vancouver Olympics B v Bombastic SC Classic
- From what I saw last week, Vancouver Olympics has no business collecting 3 points this early. They've got a lot of work to do first.

Lobban's SC B v Club Ireland Hibs
- Cake walk, I suspect.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Week Two - Group A

Richmond United B v Westside Rino C
- They weren't pretty to watch last week, but I can't see Rino dropping all three points. Besides, Richmond doesn't have the youth & speed Rino (the team, not the man) does.

WFC Rangers B v Sikh Temple GFC
- I agree, Gurps, the MOTW. It'll be a good battle. (hopefully, no rain)

City FC Rangers B v Wickham FC B
- Purely by the relative strengths of their A teams, Wickham is the only real choice between these early bottom dwellers.

Vancouver Olympics B v Bombastic SC Classic
- From what I saw last week, Vancouver Olympics has no business collecting 3 points this early. They've got a lot of work to do first.

Lobban's SC B v Club Ireland Hibs
- Cake walk, I suspect.

Predictions:

Richmond--2 Westside--2. These two youngsters will battle it out, and yes, Richmond will match Westsides speed. Richmond's achilles are their outside backs especially when they are put under pressure. Devo's presence bails them out.

WFC--3 Sikh--1. These two teams will battle for top spot, but WFC are too strong this year. If Sikh has all there guys perhaps a better result.

City F.C.--2 Wickham--2. City FC are the bottom dwellers with little help from their A team. Based on Wickham's record and teams played last season, it would seem they don't get help from their A team, but simply played easier teams last season, despite Keeper's comments. Bottom dwellers? hmm...not sure, middle of the pack perhaps. Definitely City's home field advantage...enjoy seeing the cows boys.

Van Oly and Bombastic Classic (pick)--agreed with Keeper's comments. However, I think these will be the bottom dwellers this season, sorry GB.

Lobbans--1 Club I--4, should be a learning lesson for Lobbans.

-Hummer

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple will not finish in the top 3 due to the lack of Hard Ballz!

p.s....who is this Macker's guy everyone talks about?

Hard Ballz

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino "C" 4 - 0 RUFC "B"

A tale of two halves ... RUFC played with good possession in the first half and created some good scoring opportunities, but our keeper came up big and they just didn't finish well. 0-0 at half. We came out strong in the second, and scored 4 unanswered.

Deucy, sorry I spaced out on you in the hand shake ... I guess I just didn't see ya down there ;)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 2 - Sikh Temple 1

WFC deserved this win. They did very well in the first half controlling most of the play. For some reason, we came out very flat in the first half, and could not get our heads in the game. Our team is a better team then we let on in the first half, not sure why we came out so flat.

Second half we played much better, creating some pressure, and I though the second half was much more even.

Rangers scored with about five mins left to sink our ship.

We had a few key injuries to a centre mid as well as a starting forward which really hurt us, but full credit to the Rangers on the win, and hopefully next time it will be a different result.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WFC Rangers B v Sikh Temple B

Good game for the fans to watch: lots of tension, excitement and nailbiting. Not so good for the players though. Both teams suffered extended periods of brain-farting.

Regardless, I do believe (and I know it sounds biased) we were deserving of the win (a draw would've felt like a loss after leading and having our first called back), but at the same time Temple also deserved at least a point. They worked really hard and their #9 was causing some problems in the 2nd.

On the other hand they did have one of their players get tossed, thereby reducing them to 10 for the last 20 or so.

Good to meet and talk to Gurps post-game. Cheers for the pints & good luck with the wedding planning!

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
Predictions:

Lobbans--1 Club I--4, should be a learning lesson for Lobbans.

-Hummer

Lobbans 1 Club I-- 0... SO MUCH FOR THE LESSON :D

From what I hear this is not the same Lobbans team as last year!!!!!

Billy Boy

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza hit the nail on the head with this match. First half we did alright and had some great cracks on net. Hats off to the Keeper who stopped a cracker from one of the lads playing left half. Second half our center mids crumbled and allowed their mids to walk in and have there way with our keeper. fitness and lack of finish lost us this game. Thank god it's still september. Maybe we can try shooting on a net at practice instead of running our bags off thursday night!

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:

Billy Boy

Lobban's first team played Saturday, did the Cat team receive help? Hmm....suspect, seeing as they lost to Nomads last week.

-Hummer

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:

Billy Boy
The only lesson we taught Lobbans this afternoon was how to create goal-scoring opportunities. I believe that anyone in the Lobban's squad would be hard pressed to disagree that we certainly out-chanced them today.

Credit to Lobbans for their dogged defending and kudo's to their keeper who pulled off a couple of fine saves. The hoops had a goal curiously pulled back for offside...I say curiously because our player had run some 40-yards from our own half, caught up with Lobban's left-back, and passed him well after the ball had already been delivered.

Chance after chance wasted by the Club I boy's, and in typical fashion, it bit us in the ass, as Lobban's counterattacked late in the second half and potted their chance well.

Truly, a lesson learned for our young squad on the importance of finishing any chance you get in front of goal!

Cheers,

Burnrostillinthehotseat

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
Predictions:

Van Oly and Bombastic Classic (pick)--agreed with Keeper's comments. However, I think these will be the bottom dwellers this season, sorry GB.
OK I've been quiet so far as I've been out of town. Hummer, I appreciate the appology for the prediction but your comments could be fair. I read another comment about a lack of strikers on our side. That can be the case but we have just resigned one of our A team strikers from last year who will be back this week. Time will tell as we are an aging group (the Classic Boys) but we play stable through the middle of the park.

A couple of comments. WE WON THIS WEEKEND....but only just. Our back line was much better even though we had injuries so a couple of changes from last week. If Angryman and I had not been away all week on road trips this game woudl have been much less close. The Olympics will be pressed to win more than 2 games this year. Not strong at all. A few good players just not a good unit. The opposite of us. A unit that knows each other and can play well together but no super stars.

Honestly it should have been 2 or 3 nil but a lack of striker power and a couple of missed chances killed us a little. Missing players and injuries.

Next week we are in tough and maybe we can shake off the "bottom dweller" label.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
I believe that anyone in the Lobban's squad would be hard pressed to disagree that we certainly out-chanced them today.

Burnrostillinthehotseat
:confused:

Definitely agree, you "out-chanced" them in the last 20mins :)

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hummer said:
Lobban's first team played Saturday, did the Cat team receive help? Hmm....suspect, seeing as they lost to Nomads last week.

-Hummer

No first team players on the park. I see you put a lot of research into lobbans opponents last week :rolleyes:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
4-0 WFC against Bombastic. These guys are horrible they are going to take some serious beatings if they don't firm things up. 4-0 for the A side as well. Good start.
Ok I'm a week behond but need to get my two bits in. Our back line was horrible. I think we gifted 3 goals with poor defending. We were not good but we were not overall "horrible". Only our defensive play. We created to some chances and should a, would a, could a potted two ourselves.

With that said we knew we were in tough and tried to absorb and counter attack. We did counter and we absorbed 4 goals. :D Not our best outing and not really what should be measured on.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georgie's Best said:
Ok I'm a week behond but need to get my two bits in. Our back line was horrible. I think we gifted 3 goals with poor defending. We were not good but we were not overall "horrible". Only our defensive play. We created to some chances and should a, would a, could a potted two ourselves.

With that said we knew we were in tough and tried to absorb and counter attack. We did counter and we absorbed 4 goals. :D Not our best outing and not really what should be measured on.

Should save those two bits for some penny candy to sweeten the sour taste leftover in your mouth from TWO weeks ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts