Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another rumour that was thrown out there today on T.V was Sheldon Souray from Montreal being looked at by the Canucks....but by the time they make a pitch for him he'll probably be gone.

Hard Ballz

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
Well Brookbank seemed like he got his arse kicked pretty good by Simon
Just of note...Brookbank just got cleared to play after receiving his 2nd concussion. He had no intention of fighting, and was more or less trying to protect his head.

As for the game...it was a little sloppy with a few penalties...but we came away with the win!

What was that call on Cooke at the face off??? Something about Nasi entering the circle early???

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once a guy is waved out once, if they have to wave another guy out(which they did when Naslund entered the circle)it's a delay of game penalty. I've never seen it called though.

Yo.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coincidental that when Cooke comes back, the hustle level increases? Underrated player...hope he can stay healthy. The bug has caught up to him this season...no big surprise, given the way he plays.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
Another rumour that was thrown out there today on T.V was Sheldon Souray from Montreal being looked at by the Canucks....but by the time they make a pitch for him he'll probably be gone.

Hard Ballz

They need a solid back-up first. Auld can't play the 24 games that are left and then be ready to play come April 15th in the playoffs.....if they make the playoffs. If they sit Auld anytime then thats two points they giveup which they can afford to lose. I say get rid of a draft pick not Kesler or Bourdon and pickup a Joesph as a rent a player. They can't trade Bertuzzi as his contract is to big and he is worth a used towel. Something needs to be done soon as Canucks seem to wait to long and get screwed come the deadline.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the new regime has learned from his past mentor's shortcommings. Joseph would fit well here...I think he knows where he sits on the overall goaltender pecking order now.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I drove by 8 Rinks this morning. I didn't see any cars in the Canucks lot. That's a joke. After a fourth straight loss to the Blues, I would have had them skating at 6am until they puked.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Da Blooz 4, Knucklehead Slackers 1

I was hoping that Sid wouldn't be right, but it was even worse. Thank Fcuk I didn't tune in before the 3rd period (visiting the outlaws), because it sounds like it was a Jake Milford-era stinker.

Agreed with TheRob (for once). Minimum two-a-days for these slackarses and windsprints for Bert (both on and off the ice) until the fcukin' primadonna finally decides to show up.:mad:

crankypants,

Trece

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Auld was Briliant last night. Bertuzzi is garbage.

I was sitting behind the Canucks bench. Every time he came off, not a word to anyone. He'd just skate off, sit on the end of the bench and sulk until his next shift. Lazy fcuking putz. I felt like throwing my coke at him. That would have been a waste of a coke though. :mad:

The ice scraper chicks are hot. Young, but hot.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our D will be that much stronger now. No more Baumgartner when everyone is healthy. Weinrich and Carney are solid players, well at least better then the Baums.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys all need to get your fcuking heads out of your ass!!! Baumer made a bonehead mistake, but has been solid all year and is playing with a broken foot... I'm not making an excuse for him, he made a bad play and knows all about it... Yes our D is much deeper since the deadline deals, but Baumer will be playing a regular shift come playoff time...
Allen & Baumer
Ohlund & Weinrich
Carney & Bieska/Brown
Jovo is still a few weeks away and Salo may not return???

As for theknob's "kill Bertuzzi" capaign... Shut your fcuking yap... We all know he's playing piss poorly right now... We all know he can be a big grump... We all know what he's capable of doing... We all know therob drinks coke and wouldn't spend the extra 50 cents on a beer!!!

Canucks to win big tonight.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK I may be abit of a neophyte when it comes to these hockey threads, but I do have one question: is it not in the NHL a huge advantage to have the lead going into the third period, ie almost impossible to lose? (From what they said on TV all of the tems are 23 out of 24 or 23 out of 25 etc...)

And haven't the Canucks (pre and post big trades) lost both of their last 2 games after leading going into the 3rd period? Are not the odds of that happening back to back like 100 to 1 or something...increased exponentially when it involves a Stanley Cup "contender" :rolleyes: ?

If I was not such a rookie at following hockey from the outside looking in, I would have to say that the guys making all of the money up front, especially number 7 and number 44, are not earning (OK I am sorry to be the master of understatement) their money. Not even close...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
You guys all need to get your fcuking heads out of your ass!!! Baumer made a bonehead mistake, but has been solid all year and is playing with a broken foot... I'm not making an excuse for him, he made a bad play and knows all about it... Yes our D is much deeper since the deadline deals, but Baumer will be playing a regular shift come playoff time...
Allen & Baumer
Ohlund & Weinrich
Carney & Bieska/Brown
Jovo is still a few weeks away and Salo may not return???

As for theknob's "kill Bertuzzi" capaign... Shut your fcuking yap... We all know he's playing piss poorly right now... We all know he can be a big grump... We all know what he's capable of doing... We all know therob drinks coke and wouldn't spend the extra 50 cents on a beer!!!

Canucks to win big tonight.

Nice prediction, Guinness. Can we say....."We all know Guinness knows **** all about hockey?" Seems fair. :D

You keep talking about the playoffs like the Canucks are in them......Have a look at the standings.....Anaheim has 4 games in hand and are only a couple back.....San Jose breathing down their necks now..........Can you feel that noose getting any tighter? :D

Go Flyers!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sportsnet.ca said:
Vancouver was outscored 3-0 in the opening 20 minutes, outshot 17-3, took all six penalties and left the ice to a chorus of boos.
Was it on TV -- can anyone confirm that it was it as bad as it seems?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0