Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Laffs go!!!

You just keep on smiling, Little Franchise...

Because deep in your heart, you can hold up your head proudly with the knowledge and conviction that your team...

Canada's Team...:rolleyes:

is number 11 with a bullet...:knvb:

and got their arses handed to them by the Habs.:rolleyes:

But that's okay. Your sorry bunch of Sad Sacks will be so much better next year....:D

Backwards into the playoffs,

Yay 'Nucks....

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: From the pages of Captain AliKira...

knvb said:
Yes, top of his game.

1 x - OTTAWA*
2 x - CAROLINA*
3 NY RANGERS*
4 BUFFALO
5 PHILADELPHIA
6 TAMPA BAY
7 NEW JERSEY
8 MONTREAL
------------------------------------------------------------------
9 ATLANTA
10 FLORIDA
11 TORONTO
12 NY ISLANDERS
13 BOSTON
14 WASHINGTON
15 PITTSBURGH

Hey numbnuts Aubin has only played 2 games....get the pisstake.....thanks for coming out is your leg sore...a band wagon jumping thread should be started.....Knvb your the man to do it;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Go Laffs go!!!

You just keep on smiling, Little Franchise...

Because deep in your heart, you can hold up your head proudly with the knowledge and conviction that your team...

Canada's Team...:rolleyes:

is number 11 with a bullet...:knvb:

and got their arses handed to them by the Habs.:rolleyes:

But that's okay. Your sorry bunch of Sad Sacks will be so much better next year....:D

Backwards into the playoffs,

Yay 'Nucks....

Its true not a very good year for the Leafs.....GM needs to be fired....who signs old men in a revamped league made for fast teams:rolleyes: CUJO will be back in blue next year and hopely they make some changes next year (ie domi). I love the habs fans...quite all year then cheerful when they make the playoffs.....short lived though...philly, carolina, rangers anyone of those teams with beat them in 5 games.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another poor showing verus the Wild!

I think the Canucks should work on shootout moves, as they Naslund, Ruttu and Sedin do the same thing every time.

Naslund is 2-7
Ruttu 2-4
Sedin 1-3

I think its time to let Carter, Henrik and Morrsion shoot.:D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question is even if the Nucks make the playoffs do you really think they're good enough to get out of the first round?

I don't.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Girth

'82 Roger Neilson took towel power to another level. shocked actually.
Did anyone think they would make noise in '94??? No.
How about Calgary's run to the final last go around??? Nope.
Bottom line is, (especially in the West) a favourite always loses in the first round and an underdog goes much further than anticipated because they rise to the occasion, get solid goaltending and are underrated by their so-called superior opponent...
To answer your question girth, YES I think the Canucks will do well in the playoffs this season!!! They may fall in the first round, but with the odds stacked against them, I still like their chance!!!

Cooke, Jovo, Clouts and Salo should be back for the playoffs = DEPTH.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Jovo can get in 3 games or so before the playoffs to help shake off the rust I think the canucks will be primed to make a run. Yes they need to make it first but Jovo is going to add so much needed emotion and energy. I don't think things are looking to great for Salo but if we got him back at that would be a bonus. They say the injury is healed he just has no strength so who knows.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, they say that Salo may have a slight tear to the rotator cuff area. Anybody who has had a tear, not a strain, will tell you how big that difference is. Been there, and you essentially lose 75% of your strength and motion, and every time you get a knock to move the arm just the wrong way, the pain is fierce. I played 3/4 of a season with two tears in the rotator cuff, and it was hell. Not to say he can't or won't play in the playoffs. The problem is that he's not playing soccer, he's playing hockey, where you will take more hard shoulder charges, and your ability to handle a puck is critical...especially for Salo, who's shot is so much a part of his value to the team. I don't see him factoring in. If it were Jovo sitting with the same injury, I'd see him comming back at less than 100%, and still being a significant contributor with the same injury. He has the "X" factor Salo doesn't.

Jovo and Clouts, agree...having both back would be HUGE. Jovo for his emotion, experience, and ability to carry the puck into the offensive zone. Clouts, just to have a capable, reliable back-up. Before he gets injured again, that is.

Agree w/ Guinness...in the West, anything can happen. The teams that comprise the Western Conference final will be the two teams that are going the best into the 1st round. Any one of the 8, especially this season, can move on.

The East is spread out and more predictable. I'd be surprised if you don't see Ottawa and Carolina in the conference finals.

Sorry Cappy, not the Flyers year. ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Jovo and Clouts, agree...having both back would be HUGE. Jovo for his emotion, experience, and ability to carry the puck into the offensive zone. Clouts, just to have a capable, reliable back-up. Before he gets injured again, that is.
The way I read this, you're saying that Cloutier would be the backup. I certainly hope I'm reading it correctly, because putting Auld back on the bench would be the dumbest possible move.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, that was a waste of 11 dollars!! Auld was a wee bit stinky today, not that Mikkia was any better. Big game to lose as they could have moved up to 5th place.

On a side not Gunniess did you check Aubin again last night 4-0 as a starter. With him in the pipes they could win there next 10 to get in:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've gotta love the Canucks right now. I keep betting against them, getting good value and they keep obliging. ****ing brilliant........

Slip sliding away........slip sliding away........

Edmonton, Colorado, San Jose, and of course, Los Angeles all winning tonight.......

Go Flyers

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks in a bit of a situation....

Standings as of this morning:

1. y-Detroit 75 112
2. y-Dallas 76 105
3. * Calgary 76 95
4. Nashville 77 96
5. Anaheim 76 92
6. Colorado 76 90
7. San Jose 76 89
8. Edmonton 77 89
9. Vancouver 77 87
10. Los Angeles 78 85

I don't even know how to explain the scenarios' other than the canucks must win all there games!!! They have 2 games against San Jose, where they can't give up a point.

Going to be an interesting final stretch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Realistically, I think if the 'Nucks are going to catch anyone, it will be the Oil or the Av's... Edmonton plays shite teams but mostly on the road...

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What nobody talking bout jovo's huge return?? I can't believe what a difference this guy makes on the team. Fcku bertuzzi and clouts and use the money to keep Jovo here.

Last 4 games and here are the standings as it stands as of this morning.

5. Anaheim 77 94 (5 GR)
6. Colorado 78 92 (4 GR)
7. San Jose 77 91 (5 GR)
8. Edmonton 79 91 3(GR)
9. Vancouver 78 89 4(GR)

Thanks to Edmonton's Loss yesterday Canucks have a chance to catch the Oil with a Win tonight. So many scenarios so just do it day by day.

A duck win tonight will solidify there playoff spot.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Realistically, I think if the 'Nucks are going to catch anyone, it will be the Oil or the Av's... Edmonton plays shite teams but mostly on the road...

Regs - looks like you could be spot on with that prediction. Both the Oil and Colorado lost last night. :p The rest of Edmonton's games are against tough teams (Detroit, Anaheim, and Colorado). That last game of the season between Colorado and Edmonton could be very interesting.

Nucks looking good if they play with as much heart as they did on Saturday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just goes to show how important dressing room and on-ice leadership is, and how poor a choice Markus Naslund is as a Captain. Jovo did what Naslund can't: pick up the team with his emotion and sense of urgency. Naslund is a great player, and a great athlete, but will never be mentioned amongst the great leaders of this game.

Jovo, well, he's done this before, hasn't he?

Can they do it...betting on not. Even the other night they nearly bottled it. Anaheim has played more desperately since December, and Selanne is playing as well as he ever has. Calling a 3-1 Ducks win. I hope I'm wrong.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
This just goes to show how important dressing room and on-ice leadership is, and how poor a choice Markus Naslund is as a Captain. Jovo did what Naslund can't: pick up the team with his emotion and sense of urgency. Naslund is a great player, and a great athlete, but will never be mentioned amongst the great leaders of this game.

What if Naslund would have scored in OT, would you say the same thing right now, yes Jovo did great on his first game back, but that does'nt make him an automatic pick for captain. Nazzy's problem this year might be that he has stuck by his buddy Bert no matter how he plays or what he says. Perhaps thats what a captain should do, but none of us knows what goes on in the dressing room.

Go Nucks Go

Screw you Captain

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've always thought Naslund was a poor pick for Captain, not just today.

The day Naslund proves me wrong, I'll gladly admit it. But this year, beyond all others, he's proved what poor leadership skills he really has.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0