Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PPV.

The first was pretty bad. All penalties were pretty much deserved. TheRob's savior, Alex Auld, was a fcuking sieve.

Second period was excellent, I actually thought they had a chance to tie it up by the end of the game.

Tease.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's just say that the biggest highlight of the game...that got the biggest cheer from the fans...was the announcement that the Canucks recieved a penalty for - Abuse of Officials. Almost recieved a standing ovation.

Not nice to wake this morning...out of the playoffs!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oilers 1 Canucks 4

Solid road game by the nucks tonight... Unfortunate not to finish them off earlier from the numerous PP's, but I guess Auld came up strong when tested as well as the rest of the PK unit... HUGE 2 points and not giving up any to Edmonton... With the next two at home, hopefully they'll come out banging and crashing!!!
I thought Kesler, Carney and Allen were the best players tonight... Linden responded well to recent critism... Bert went to the net hard and Nazy was skating much better as well... Auld was solid without giving away too many rebounds...
Thursday is another massive game vs the Oilers (as is Saturday), but I think LA will be the team on the outside at the end of it all... Not looking past the next two, but Monday will be make or break!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the wire

Team GR PTS
1. Detroit 14 100
2. Dallas 14 93
3. Calgary 14 84
4. Nashville 13 92
5. Colorado 13 82
6. Vancouver 12 80
6. Anaheim 15 80
8. Los Angeles 12 79
8. Edmonton 13 79
10. San Jose 15 78
11. Minnesota 13 71
12. Phoenix 13 68
13. Columbus 13 55
14. Chicago 15 51
14. St. Louis 15 51
I like Vancouver's chances if we split the next two with the Oilers... Everyone plays everyone else... IMO, we beat LA Monday night and they're done and we'll be battling for 6th!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: To the wire

Guinness said:
I like Vancouver's chances if we split the next two with the Oilers... Everyone plays everyone else... IMO, we beat LA Monday night and they're done and we'll be battling for 6th!!!

We could win all 3 and still be fukced! LA will be strong now, not making the playoffs for the last three years, firing their coach and getting Frolov and Demetria back will be a big help. Canucks will be in tough, finishing eighth won't do much, they will get just shite kicked by the Wings. Honestly they need to finish 6th or higher to do anything in the playoffs if they make it!

I hope there still in the race next week as I will be at the Minnesota game on the 29th in Naslund's box. Can't wait to get the jersey signed might be worth 5 bucks :rolleyes:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the Nucks battled to a shoot out win last night! Not a bad game, although the effort in the overtime period left a little to be desired. It seemed as thought the play was in the Vancouver end for about 4 mins, the neutral zone for the rest! A lot of scrambling by the Canucks!!! Oh well, a win is a win!

Good to see them fight back after 2 late goals in the second!

By the way, a poll has been started regarding the shoot outs...

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/community-introductions-general-chit-chat/11808-poll-day-march-24-06-a.html

Check it out - vote and post your thoughts!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Isn't Naslunds box, for um "special" kids Franchise?

it for kids that don't have much and can't afford it, we wrote a grant and received the box to bring youth in Maple Ridge who unfortanley can't afford much to see the game. Fukc your idiot, you try to pull off some smart ass comment and make yourself look like an a complete ignorant asshole.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to the game last nite... First one this year.

Good game in all. Kinda got you thinking at the end who really domintated. Fine the Canucks won 7:4, but it really wasn't domination like the score would tell. They were outshot 38 to something.... first period they were on the power play and gave up a few 2 on 1's, that were either shanked or save by auld. A back and forth game, 1:0 LA, followe by 2 canucks pp goals, then 3:2 LA and then Burrows lights it up, and at one point were at 6:3 vancouver....

Sedin, Daniel i think it was, made some nifty moves, and if he buried that one, it would have been hi lite reel goal all over.

Burrows played quite well. It was nice to see at the end everybody trying to get him another on an empty net.

Ohlund was solid. 3 assists as well.

Auld, made some good saves, some of the goals may have been so so.. but clouts would have done the same too. Good job on the 2 on 1's too.

Bertuzzi..... played ok, nothing great, still looks like he's floatin around. would have like to seen him make a couple of big hits, he did have the chance but pulled up.

Cooke, Got rocked.... another broken jaw??

Ruutu looked like he wanted to fight avery the whole time from our stand point.

Also i was happy to see Crawford start with Bertuzzi/Naslund and Kessler. Kessler also had a solid game i thought.

That's it for watching em live, back to the good ol TV.

PS i got 3 number right in the 50/50!!!! yayyyyyyyyyy closest so far ever at GM place!!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in my first game of the season as well... Great atmosphere from the end of the first period on!!! I agree with most of what that Croat said other than Bertuzzi... I thought the big fella played more of a complete game... Held up the puck well in the offensive zone and looked to drop it to an rushing player... He made a couple of mistakes, but no bad peno's and a couple of great feeds to Burrows!!! The only thing he really needs to get back in his game is the determination to drive to the net... Playoff type performance and getting better!!!

BTW, Franchise the Hab is a knob.
Fukc your idiot, you try to pull off some smart ass comment and make yourself look like an a complete ignorant asshole.
Nice french donkey!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Bertuzzi..... played ok, nothing great, still looks like he's floatin around. would have like to seen him make a couple of big hits, he did have the chance but pulled up.

Cooke, Got rocked.... another broken jaw??

What game were you watching, it was Bertuzzi's best game all year, I still think the LA D man is looking for his ginch from the first Burross goal.

Broken nose, not jaw

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE=Guinness]BTW, Franchise the Hab is a knob.

Nice french donkey!!![/QUOTE]

BWT Guinness

Thanks for the spelling lesson old man! Maybe, now you can do something meaningful in your life besides correcting grammer:rolleyes:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks 2-1 Wild.....Fricken crappy game to watch or to be at until 6 seconds left when Carter scored the winner.

Hard Ballz

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
Canucks 2-1 Wild.....Fricken crappy game to watch or to be at until 6 seconds left when Carter scored the winner.

Hard Ballz

Have to agree, out all the games this year to see from box seats the Canucks slap us(work) with Minnesota. Wow is their game boring to watch. Canucks simply played to their level last night, their powerplay was horriable until the last 6 seconds of the game. Bumgardener:rolleyes: was horriable on the back end and I think Carney was trying to get Minny some points by passing the puck across the middle numerious times. I think they should also give Park the nickname "out to lunch" wow is he bad:(

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squire Barnes had a classic line the other night. And I quote:

"Keith Carney looks so much like Todd Bertuzzi, Steve Moore is trying to sue him too."

Classic! :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the pages of Captain AliKira...

Yes, top of his game.

1 x - OTTAWA*
2 x - CAROLINA*
3 NY RANGERS*
4 BUFFALO
5 PHILADELPHIA