Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The latest has Ohlund as probable for the next game and questionable for Salo....either way the Canucks need depth and someone who can win faceoffs......oh and goaltending.

Hard Ballz

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goaltending? You're kidding right? They need a back up, yes, but Auld has been just fine. Better than anyone expected I think. This coming from someone who had no faith in him whatsoever.

They will need some depth on defense, and for the love of God, trade Bertuzzi. Next to McCabe, he was the worst player at the Olympics.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob,

Tending to agree with you. I'm anxious to hear what Franchise has to say now about his love McCabe, who turned out to be exactly, if not more shitty than I predicted.

As for Bert, I think the business side of this will be the deciding factor as to when, not if. I think his days are surely numbered now, only a matter if they wait till the off season or go for a deadline blockbuster. My feeling is the off season...his value surely can't drop any lower now, and at least in the off season, there is a chance he's actually do something in the playoffs.

That said, I'm fed up with the cnut. He cost my country a gold. Trade him.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are freaking unreal. Auld is shite. He is a back-up goalie at best, can we please accept the fact that this guy will NEVER win the Canucks a play-off series let alone 4 and a cup. Seriously, wake the fcuk up. They were going to unload Cloutier becuase he was in the same boat what makes you think they'll run with his back up?

As for Bert you can't possibly blame him alone for Canada not winning a medal. Pronger was pure poo as was McCabe and the rest of the "team" for that matter. Hind-sight is a wonderful thing but where was the speed, the youthful energy the crash and bang? Key factors missing I thought.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lecavalier, Nash, Richards, Thorton, Bowmeister, Heatly...all pretty young guys. I still think Phaneuf could have helped, same w/ Sidney and Staal, but fcuk...they should have been just fine with the crew they picked. 1/2 of that team- or simply just the players listed above- plays to their potential, and nobody beats them. Period.

Bert took the tourney's dumbest penalty yesterday, so I hate him now, OK? Are you all right with that? Don't make me come over there....

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Rob,

Tending to agree with you. I'm anxious to hear what Franchise has to say now about his love McCabe, who turned out to be exactly, if not more shitty than I predicted.

McCabe:confused: what about Pronger, Blake, Draper how many points did these guys get. The whole team licked nuts. Maybe if they had a system and played by it they wouldn't have done the dump and slow motion skate procedure.

Blame McCabe but pretty sure you can look from the top down to find why Canada did so poorly.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Per your Opinion KNVB
I totally agree about the team speed / energy and ethics ...

But if we went back in time to Canada's first game and just before the dropping of the puck .....I would probably have looked at are roster and thought Gold already

concerning Auld .. gets beat high to often for his size
but if he's classified still as a Back up then so are 85 % of the Keepers in the league so the nucks aren't so bad off in that dept.
Quite a Position for Nonis to be in ... I wonder if he's called Burke's for advise

Bert wasn't the reason for the loss but he showed what he's worth

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're so fcuking clueless. You keep pointing to McCabe being a point producer. I could care less if he produced one fcuking point, just be able to advance a puck, and shut down a key player. He's a terrible defenseman.

Yes, the rest were shite too.

On topic: I fcuking hate Bert right now. Hate him. Trade the cnut.

Fcuk.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No more Canadian Team banter here please. There is a thread for that.

Apparently the Finnish Hockey Association won't call Nonis or the NHL back and let them know how Salo is. Both have called several times and haven't been contacted regarding his health. Brutal.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Auld let's up atleast 1 or 2 shite goals a game and Clouts was the same. You can't have that happen in the playoffs or you're done. That is why Clouts is on the trading block and when Auld does that in the playoffs he'll be in the same boat. Vancouver is hard on the goaltenders and they should be. Auld has done really well coming in as a back up though.

Hard Ballz

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Auld has let in more weak, weak goals in stick side than TheRob has had sick days. He's constantly putting them behind at least goal a game. He's a decent back up and I'm betting will be trade bait when it comes time. And if that means that 85% of the league is playing with the same quality keepers then colour my helmet blue and call me pent up. There are 10/12 too many teams in the NHL as it is, but that rant is for another day. The fact remains, Dude is a twat and Auld isn't good enough (either are the Canucks for that matter) to go deep into the play-offs. I guarantee this years winner won't be one of T-idiots (appropriate irony) 85%.

They'll have a veteran established net minder.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The top two teams in the Northwest Division clash tonight when the first-place Calgary Flames welcome the Vancouver Canucks to the Saddledome. While Flames goalie Miikka Kiprusoff is well-rested after skipping the Olympics, the Canucks could be without four Olympians tonight.
The Cancuks are going to have quite the defense tonight. Allen, Biecksa, McCarthy, Brookbank, Mojis, and Baumgartner. That is a stellar back end.

Rutuu, and the twins may not be playing either. Look for Bertuzzi to take four or five dumb penalties instead of the usual three.

Auld will have to stand on his head for this one to be remotely close.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Brookbank seemed like he got his arse kicked pretty good by Simon in that one tilt but the Canucks came through and beat the Flames 2-1. The Canucks are now tied for first with the Flames and 8 points clear of ninth place Anaheim.

Hard Ballz

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0