Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2005/2006

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i hear ya franchise. i'm hoping though that one of the two best ever will realize they have become somewhat ineffective and that now is a great time to pass the torch. i'd like to see spezza there as well.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
i hear ya franchise. i'm hoping though that one of the two best ever will realize they have become somewhat ineffective and that now is a great time to pass the torch. i'd like to see spezza there as well.

Walls, there are so many that deserve to go Stall, Spezza, Crosby, they are all having good years. Each are top five in Canadian scoring so far

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read that. They say he'll be out for at least three games. Another test for Auld.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clouts and Jovo in a trade for Luongo, why else would Keanan be here for the last three days talking with Dave.

The knee injury is crap.

Not sure about this trade, but Ruberto is top 5 in the league for sure.

hos

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
Already reported in post # 137. Good to see that you are on the ball!
the report that you're reporting was reported by the rob in the report prior to your report.
tomanypeopleontheballatonetime=theyallfalldown!!
cheers.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Clouts and Jovo in a trade for Luongo, why else would Keanan be here for the last three days talking with Dave.

The knee injury is crap.

Not sure about this trade, but Ruberto is top 5 in the league for sure.

hos
luongo for cloutier would be a great trade.
I think cloutier is good enough to win a cup, but how can you rely on a guy that gets hurt every 2 weeks.
and the jovo for boumeister seems alright too, although jovo if he ever gets his defence together will easily be a top player in the league for a long time.
would be interesting but i dont see it happening.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
D13 said:
luongo for cloutier would be a great trade.
I think cloutier is good enough to win a cup, but how can you rely on a guy that gets hurt every 2 weeks.
and the jovo for boumeister seems alright too, although jovo if he ever gets his defence together will easily be a top player in the league for a long time.
would be interesting but i dont see it happening.

The trade was Bert, Clout's and Jovo for luongo and boumeister, does anyone have a clue on this thread at all :confused: great trade real even :rolleyes: maybe they should throw in Nazzy for Roberts too.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got to give props out to the Canucks last night. They were in game from start to finish, hard hitting, lots of goal scoring and Auld played fantasic. My favorite moment was the Sakic goal and a close second was the one 11 seconds into the game

Rob chalk me up for Auld as the Canuck player of the week

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, don't like Auld as a starter. He seems to lose his edge after two or three games. Very good back up though. Comes in after watching three or four and plays great.

They'll bounce back. They always do.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your Canucks game day preview...

Ottawa at Vancouver

TV: Sportsnet; RADIO: CKNW

GAME: Ottawa Senators (21-4-0) at Vancouver Canucks (17-9-2).

TIME: Friday, 7pm. PST.

Martin Havlat has been one reason why the Ottawa Senators have the league's best record.

The Senators now begin life without the left wing when they meet the Vancouver Canucks in the only regular-season meeting between the teams.

The Senators announced Thursday that Havlat will undergo surgery to repair a dislocated right shoulder and be sidelined for the remainder of the regular season.

"With this surgery there's a good chance that I'll be back (for the playoffs)," said Havlat, who injured the shoulder Nov. 29 against the Montreal Canadiens. "I don't want to miss the most important past of the season at the end. I'll do my best to get back because I want to have a chance to fight for the Stanley Cup."

Halvat's scoring has increased in each of his four years in the league, including a career-high 31 goals - with seven game-winners - and 37 assists in 2003-04.

Ottawa Senators general manger John Muckler said he is optimistic the Senators will continue winning without Havlat.

"I think we do have enough depth in the organization to cover for Marty while he's gone and at the same time it will give us an opportunity to look at our younger players," Muckler said.

One of those players Ottawa will look to is rookie Brandon Bochenski, who recorded his first career hat trick Monday in the Senators' 6-3 win over the Florida Panthers.

"Bochenski will get the first opportunity," Muckler said."He's played well. He showed great speed the other night. We feel that he'll be able to do the job for us. "It's sad that Marty won't be with us, but it gives others the opportunity."

The Senators still boast the best line in the league. Jason Spezza, Daniel Alfredsson and Dany Heatley have combined for 51 goals and 74 assists.

The Canucks enter this contest having won five in a row at GM Place and are 12-1-0 there overall this season after a 5-2 win Sunday over the Boston Bruins. Brendan Morrison and Ryan Kesler scored 32 seconds apart early in the third period to snap a 2-2 tie.

Vancouver has outscored the opposition 20-8 during its home winning streak.

Canucks coach Marc Crawford said this game will be a challenge.

"You have to play well and rise to the challenge," said Vancouver coach Marc Crawford. "We have a lot of guys that recognize this is a measuring-stick game for us.

"Players are hopefully motivated to want to perform extremely well. We're the guys that are chasing them. We've got to try and compete against them at all different levels. They come into the game as the team we're trying to knock off."

"We're going to have our hands full," added defenseman Sami Salo, who spent four seasons in Ottawa before being traded to Vancouver before the 2002-03 season. "It's going to be the toughest game so far this season."

Canucks leading scorer Markus Naslund has a seven-game points streak at home, recording four goals and five assists in that span.

Naslund has three goals and an assist in his last three games against the Senators.

STANDINGS: Senators - 42 points, 1st place, Northeast Division. Canucks - 36 points, 2nd place, 2 PB, Northwest Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Senators - Alfredsson, 21 goals; Spezza, 32 assists and 43 points; Zdeno Chara and Brian McGrattan, 72 PIM. Canucks - Naslund, 15 goals, 18 assists and 33 points; Wade Brookbank, 63 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Dec. 7): Senators - Power play: 22.7 percent (35 for 154), 2nd in NHL. Penalty killing: 86.2 percent (138 for 160), 4th. Canucks - Power play: 17.6 percent (33 for 187), 18th. Penalty killing: 82.6 percent (138 for 167), 15th.

GOALTENDERS: Senators - Dominik Hasek (15-4-0, 3 SO, 1.99 GAA); Ray Emery (6-0-0, 1, 2.30). Canucks - Alex Auld (9-6-1, 0, 2.66); Robert McVicar (0-0-0, 0, 0.00).

2003-04 SEASON SERIES: Tied, 1-1.

LAST MEETING: March 13, 2004; Senators 2-1. At Vancouver, British Columbia, Alfredsson scored an unassisted goal with nine minutes left for the winning goal.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Senators - 9-2-0 on the road; Canucks - 12-1-0 at home.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will somebody phone Marcus Naslund and ask/tell him to skate faster on his penalty shots/Shootout shots?

Thanks.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Will somebody phone Marcus Naslund and ask/tell him to skate faster on his penalty shots/Shootout shots?

Thanks.

Done. He said he will try his best. He appologizes for skating slow on his breakaways. then he asked whose in for the Roxy roller after the game?? :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good win last night against the Blue shirts at Madison Square Garden!!! Bert looked like he was interested all night... Nice to see him stick up for Nazy, but the instigator penalty call was a bit weak IMO... Hopefully they can continue this trend in Philly tomo???

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He got the instigator because he is Todd Bertuzzi. If it's anybody else, they don't get it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0