Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not defending Cloutier; I'm just stating facts.

In fact, ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you I'm not a fan of him in the slightest. He's an emotional, hot-headed freak who loses all concentration anytime someone looks at him the wrong way. There a precious few goalies in the history of the game who can lose it on their opposition and elevate their play at the same time*: he's not one of them.

That said, suggesting the 4th goal was Cloutier's fault is like saying the Fast Ferry Fiasco was all the welder's fault. That goal was doomed to go in as soon the defense started dinking around behind the net.

* They are: Dominik Hasek, Patty Roy, Ron Hextall, and Bobby Smith.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes Sopel coughed it up and I agree it was a poor clearing attempt but why is it that Clouts always moves before the puck is shot........all I'm saying is that if he stayed in place he would have probably made the save as it was a weak shot.........and yes Keeper I'll agree with your description on him

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI

Bobby Smith was a stalwart of the Habs/ Minnesota Northstars in the late 70's and 80's. Averaged just under a point a game. Too bad he played for the fcuking Habs. He suited up for the Habs oldtimers in Edmonton on Saturday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Hammerhead, I remember that Bobby Smith too. He was a big poof for his size. But Keeper was talking about goalies, so it had to be Billy. How was your trip/game?

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The wind made it a bit brisk at times, but well worth the trip. The Old timers game was great.
Back on topic, will the Canucks ever have an outdoor game? They can bring back some of their old greats like, um, um, ummmmm....

forget it.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for Edmonton.

Since they don't have much of a future, they might as well have a great past.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As per keeper's list of goalies, did you forget Tony Esposito?

Maybe it's just as well you did. You probably would have called him Phil Esposito.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost two in a row to a shite Leafs team that have been on the road for two weeks minus Mogilny & Nieuwendyk!! Great stuff.
Of all teams the leafs.

Parkhead

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Owen Nolan is such a fcuking tough guy, he doesn't even wait to get his mitts off before throwng lame-duck punches in scrums. What a pile of garbage. Watching him and Darthy Tucker lose it every time they got hit was a goddamn joke.

Vancouver struggles when the opponent is a physical, hard-hitting team with some guys who can actually play. We saw as much against Philly and Tronna put it on display two games in a row. Chicago ran around and hit everything as well, but they don't have a lick of skill in the lineup and that's what prevented them from stealing points at GM Place. I think every team in the NHL is making note of how effective point shots are against Vancouver, especially when they fail to move your big guys out from in front of the net.

For what it's worth, I thought Kesler looked pretty good tonight. Vancouver probably missed Chubarov and Arvedson, but not as much as the Loafs missed Nieuwendyk and Mogilny.

How the rest of this road-trip ends up will decide whether this is a "slump" or not. I figure it's a must-win in Montreal tomorrow night and then a secure-at-least-a-point-type in Ottawa after that. They should sweep through Calgary and snag at least 5 points off this trip.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Why?Why?Why? Anyone but the Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I'm gonna hear about this for weeks from our Toronto guys at work.:mad: Losing 2 to the Flyers would have been OK, Hell even Pittsburgh but the Leafs.:( :( :(

I hate the Leafs.

Pure Gold with Tiger during intermissions though.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jinky
As per keeper's list of goalies, did you forget Tony Esposito?

Maybe it's just as well you did. You probably would have called him Phil Esposito.
No. Rather "Jennifer".

Tony was a pussy.

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Canucks

It's down right shameful to have the crap kicked out of you ...gloves on or off.. game in and game out. It's time to pick up some toughness and I am talking ASAP. Every good team has an enforcer... otherwise its a season of gloves and sticks in your face and losses to the gritty good teams.

Where's Brashear when you need him. :mad:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slumping

I think the lads are just in a bit of a slump. It happens to everyone at some point over an 80 game schedule. I think it better that they have these problems now than in April. Im sure that they will step it up against the Habs. The pieces are all there for a deep run in the playoffs ( except maybe goaltending ), so dont bail on the bandwagon yet.

Brashear?? what a fcuking waste!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said Hammerhead

Other than this:
( except maybe goaltending )
Don't count Dan the man out just yet... He's got all of the tools to be a great goalie in this league, it just remains to be seen if he can keep his "Hammerhead" straight???;)

I love beating the Habs as much as I hate the Leafs!!!
GO CANUCKS GO!!! :knvb: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game last night. Why do those retro jerseys look so sharp?

Speaking of goons...what ever happened to Chris Simon? Remember 1998, when he scored something like 35 goals, mostly in the 2nd half of the season? Has he had concussion or attitude problems? Seems to me that he's a tough guy who can play.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simon can play like Dave Lumley could play. The Lummer still has an NHL record ( for most consecutive games with a goal I think) from when he played on a line with Gretzky and Kurri. Put me with those two and I could probably come up with a decent goal total.
Where would a goon fit on this team anyway?

Jury is still out on Clouts. He plays well during the season, but hasnt yet got it done when it counts. Mayb this year is the year....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0