Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't Bertuzzi hammer Ken Klee when the Leafs came to town earlier this week? I'm quite sure he did. He also smoked Zednik in the first game vs. Les Habitants.

You know Canuck "fans" are getting ancy when they're questioning the play of a guy who has 25 points in 24 games, and is a +17 on the year.

Now Rob,
Scoring wise he is ok, but he could change the close games if he would start whacking people again.

Right. I was always under the impression that a team's blueline and goaltending had much more effect when deciding the outcome of "close" games. It's fair to say that Cloutier/Hedberg could have changed a few of the close games themselves, with a couple of opportune saves. Or maybe look to Sopel/Allen/Malik for a few of their blown defensive assignments in a few of these close games.

Regardless....they're 14-6-2-2. I realize they've played more games than most NHL teams, but hitting 30+ points at the quarter mark of the season is a pretty good start.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson

You know Canuck "fans" are getting ancy when they're questioning the play of a guy who has 25 points in 24 games, and is a +17 on the year.

Not Canuck fans, just Rob.

Rob is starting to act like the Hab fans of old.

To paraphrase Jean Beliveau,

If I scored 3 goals, they would say I should have scored 4. If I got 4 assists, they'd say I should have had 5. There's no pleasing some people.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's TheRob. Please don't use my real name. I don't want anyone to know it.

I just want him to hit people. Hard. A lot. I've seen him doing the Cliff Ronning stick check a lot lately when he could have nailed someone. That is when he is great. When he is hitting.

As a team overall, I am very pleased with the Canucks. King is a good player. The Sedin's are better. Cloutier has been good. The only move I would make right now is to get rid of Sopel. Horrible player. Other than that, I'm pleased.

:wa:

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Bert could be a bigger difference in the games if he brings his physical prescence out for all shifts instead of just a couple. He practically created Morrison's third goal tonight just by causin havok in front of the net. And why is he on the boards sometimes on the PP. Get infront of the net!!! Ohlund had another strong game, but Jovo's been hanging with sopel a bit to much lately, he's coughin it up a lot...he's been a minus something in the past few games.

No2

BTW whats up with Cooke??

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks lead All-Star balloting

Canadian Press

12/3/2003

NEW YORK (CP)
- Vancouver Canucks power forward Todd Bertuzzi leads the Western Conference with 35,858 votes in early balloting results for the NHL all-star game.

Bertuzzi's linemate Markus Naslund is second among wingers with 27,836 votes while Vancouver's Dan Cloutier leads Western Conference goaltenders with 19,950.

Colorado Avalanche star Peter Forsberg leads all centres with 30,584 while teammate Rob Blake (32,315) and Detroit Red Wings reaguard Nicklas Lidstrom (28,911) are the top-two defencemen.

Voting continues through Dec. 31. The Minnesota Wild will host the all-star game Feb. 8 at the Xcel Energy Center.
As my old coach was/is so fond of saying, "Nicely."

Cloutier leading the west in votes? That is a bit of a surprise. He has been playing well, but best in the west?

It is nice that other people are starting to notice the Canucks a bit. I noticed on the Canadian road trip that there was a lot of cheering when they scored or had chances. The hats in Calgary for Morrison were a good indication of the fan base they have now. Good on them. One of the most exciting teams in the league for the last few years. It's about time people started to take notice.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
half of us in the saddledome were Canuck fans if not more.......it was louder when we scored than when the flames scored.......and how is Cloutier leading the west........if you were at the game you would have seen how brutal he was in the second and third periods

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Sportsnet.ca

The Vancouver Canucks will soon announce a three-year contract extension for head coach Marc Crawford. The deal will pay Crawford in the neighbourhood of $1.3 US a season, putting him among the highest paid coaches in the National Hockey League.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund questionable for Flames tilt

Naslund will be a game-time decision.

VANCOUVER -- Vancouver Canucks captain Markus Naslund left practice Thursday with an apparent groin injury.

Coach Marc Crawford says Naslund will be a game-time decision for Thursday's home game against Calgary.

Crawford says the decision will likely be made after Naslund skates in the warm-up.

Naslund was named the NHL's offensive player of the week on Monday.

He's currently on a six-game scoring streak and has 13 points over the stretch

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't watch much of the game last night, but reading the paper today it would appear the Canucks sucked. It says something about Naslund getting rocked by Yelle. Did any Canucks "respond" to this?

glasgow ghirl

Oct 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nazzy

The Rob,

No they didn't , face washes don't count as responding. I think Yelle hit him first but it was followed by a good nudge from Iginla, to which he got a little back from Linden.
Nazzy should have just stay out last night if his groin was bothering him, he didn't do much in the two short periods he played.

Hope to see better play on Sat ... as I have tickets.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey Glasgow Ghirl that is why I said pathetic response.......a buddy of mine saw Morrison today and asked him how did they lose like that to Calgary.......his response shite happens.......so if you hit our captain I guess shite happens.......great team we have.......I also want to know why May or Allen or anyone go after Yelle afterwards?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid Fans

Originally posted by Champlain's Keeper
......a buddy of mine saw Morrison today and asked him how did they lose like that to Calgary.......his response shite happens.......

I am sure that the guys get asked all the time by idiots on the street, "What happened to you guys last night?", I guess Morrison didn't have his charts and pie graphs about what happened.
Don't you think they don't get a little sick of hearing it all the time when they are going for a coffee, losers who phone into the sports talk stations are trying to tell them what to do.
Shitt happens.

hos
Will it be a sleeper tonight vs. a very defensive Wild, or can the Nucks open it up and make it somewhat of a game?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure it will be a snoozer tonight, HOS. Even if the Canucks try to play an open game, the Wild won't let them. However, they did play last night in Calgary, so they might be a little tired. Fcuk, that means they'll be even more defensive. Sorry, carry on. Check the Flyers thread to see how the top team in the NHL is doing.

Parkhead(if you surface before 4:00),

The mighty Flyers are playing today against the Bruins in Beantown. Would you like to go double or nothing on that case of beer? If so, post on the Mighty Flyers thread......Remember, Philly played at home YESTERDAY and might be there for the picking, especially after Toronto humiliated Boston 6 - 0 3 days ago.......

Captain

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
if we remember the last time the Wild played here it was the 2nd night of back to backs for them and Vancouver almost blew a 3 goal lead before winning 4-3.........oh well it's on PPV so I won't be watching it

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ripped off !!

Went to the game last night and have to say it was the worst hockey game I have ever been to. Absolutely dreadful, boring boring. It would be easy to come on here and rip into the Canucks for not being able to do beat the Wild following another bad performance against Calgary. But I have to say after watching last nights performance it is more the NHL's problem and if they don't get it figured out quick they are going to lose a lot of fans. The Wild don't even try to score they get to center and dump it in and just wait in the middle of the ice. There is nothing you can create. It makes for absolute garbage hockey. Bettman wonders why Americans are not watching all he has to do is watch a game. The teams are to defensive and it does not lend itself to new fans. You want to see forwards flying up and down the wing, big hits and goals and right now you don't get any of it. Just crap. There must have been 70 face offs last night because every chance the wild got they iced the puck and the canucks had to dump it in so they ended up icing too.

Saying that, What is real shame is we the fans do not get to see how good Gaborik is!! This guy would be right up there in the scoring race if he were on any team that tried to score five on five. He was a treat to watch. He shows glimpses of speed and moves but when he is done he is the only wild player across center the rest just watch him and get into position to set up the trap. Simply to bad.

I don't know how you can get teams to open up but if Bettman and the rest of the NHL don't figure it out the game is going to get worse and worse.

Can't wait till Thursday when we actually get to watch two teams try and beat each other and not play to lose.

Colorado vs Vancouver should be a game that reminds us of how hockey should be played. Hopefully it doesn't disapoint.

Parkheadfeelshewasrippedofflastnightandhegottheticketsforfree!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0