Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
grat game!

Great game last night!
Even better was seeing Jim Robson walking around wearing the old retro jersey!
Thumbs up to Jim,what a classy man.
On a side note,Chad Kilger (at least i think that's his name)was sitting two rows below us wowing all the ladies.
Way to many pints last night! :(

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Making money off Canucks

How about this venture by Famous Players and Landmark theatres.
Pay Per View games on the big screen in the theatres.
I believe it's $8.50 to get in.

Here's the theatres that have this.

Canucks at the Theatres

Jinky, I'll think about it. If you've ever heard our coach at a game you'd understand.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammerhead

Probably not. Just your usual popcorn and candy stuff. And any of the overpriced fast food joints inside too.
You could try smuggling something in. Doesn't work at the Canucks games but i imagine it's a little darker at the theatres.

I know this is a little off topic but can anyone tell me if the fast food joints, (burger king, taco time) inside the theatres still have meal deals that don't actually come with a drink?
Last time i was there (years ago), they had meal deals that look like the same price a there other chain stores, but then you find out that it doesn't come with a drink.
:rolleyes:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by wolfman
Yeah, thats a good deal..NOT

I went and wasted $10 going to see Master and Commander last weekend!

wasted 10$? i paid 14$, but it was a great movie....

on topic,

it is a bit steep charging $8.50 for games on ppview, especially since they gouge you with the $10 popcorn. this, along with the discussion on ticket prices, goes to show that if they (a company) can charge outrageous prices for 'things' then they most probably, or should we say certainly, will.

the problem with 'fair market value' lies in how one defines the word fair. fairness, in a capitalistic system, is never a static definition. with the unique dynamics of inflation, add to that the golden rule that dictates everything in commerce (supply and demand), you get a vast fluctuation of what fair price is.

for example: if the nucks only drew 10,00 fans per game, they would certainly not charge the rate they do for face value tickets...mind you the premium seat club thats been discussed would not even exist...it is only there because there is a market that will sutain it. therefore, in this situation, you would get discounts and incentives to buy tickets....so it's safe to say that $30-40 for an average ticket price is fair. unfortunately this is not the case with the exciting nucks.

becsause they draw sellouts and people are willing to pay up to $1500 per seat, more people want to see them and their value increases, thus fair now becomes $1-200 per ticket. is this fair? no!. however according to the sustainability of the market it has created, yes it is, however, only within the matrix of the capitalistic system. to the average fan who has consistently supported the nucks through thick and thin, this is robbery. especially if the dynamic definition of fairness has now priced the loyal fan soo far away from ever being able to see a game.

if orca bay really appreciates its fans, the loyal ones, it would attempt to address this situation and not promote it with the silly prime seat club!

manager

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice

go Habs go....shove it down the Canucks throats tonight
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bet you feel pretty smart now, palli.....

"Habs will not make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs..." was a quote I heard from a friend at work today. Hell, with their sad-sack defence, and the worst penalty killing in the league, they'll be lucky to get even NEAR the playoffs this year. But that's okay; you can stay in your own little red, white and blue fantasy land, where Danny Gallivan's still always right......:D

Agreed with John Shorthouse - I'd like to see the Nucks play at least one game at home in the old blue unis....

Nice hit by Jovo on Zednick - wasn't that why the Nucks traded to get him in the first place?

Market conditions my arse - if you are a monopoly like the Canucks are, with no competing pro franchises in the vicinity, then there is no "fair market value" - Orca Bay can set their ticket prices at whatever ludicrous price they want. Thankfully, there's at least a competitive product to watch, so it's (only) a little bit more bearable upon the wallet. The name for this practice is gouging, folks. Until it stops, my two undersized hockey fans and I will continue watching games from home instead of at the rink.

Beerz,

Stew:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is market conditions. Back in 1998- the first official "re-building" year, they couldn't give away 2,000 or so tickets a game. The legalized scalping going on now simply wouldn't fly back then, because the tickets weren't in demand.

Hell...more and more I'm really liking Yoda's idea.

Good job, Smurf!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another O.T. Win

Yes the Canuks won the game in OT tonight. But what I can't understand after watching this game is why the Canucks wait till the 3 period to play. This Chicago team clearly could not keep up with the canucks once they started going for the goal. The Canucks allow this team to hang around for 40mins then decide it is time to play. If they would have just come out in the 1st period had tried to score goals this game could have been a blowout. No way could chicago have stayed in the game and steal a point.

Allen is looking better and better with each game ! now if we could only get Sopel off the ice somehow.:D

ParkheadlovinthatcanukstopthewestandtheBruinstoptheeast.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To stay on topic, another win for your beloved win. Of course, the Flyers won again and have several games in hand of the teams ahead of them. It looks like the top team during the regular season AND the playoffs for the mighty Flyers. It really is too bad we don't have any more slam-dunk wins against the likes of the Canucks.

Go Flyers

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It did take the Flyers until OT to beat the Canucks at home. I doubt that the Canucks would let it get that far. Wait until the injuries start happening to the AGED Flyers and then the Senators and the Lightning and all the other VERY AVERAGE teams in the East will narrow the points gap, beat each other up, and lose in the Stanley Cup Finals to someone from the West.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Help

Could someone please remind me of the last time the Flyers actually accomplished anything other than a high payroll???:rolleyes:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If memory serves, they reached the penultimate position in the league a few times in the early 80's. vs the Mighty Oil

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Another O.T. Win

Originally posted by ParkHead
Yes the Canuks won the game in OT tonight. But what I can't understand after watching this game is why the Canucks wait till the 3 period to play. This Chicago team clearly could not keep up with the canucks once they started going for the goal. The Canucks allow this team to hang around for 40mins then decide it is time to play. If they would have just come out in the 1st period had tried to score goals this game could have been a blowout. No way could chicago have stayed in the game and steal a point.

Allen is looking better and better with each game ! now if we could only get Sopel off the ice somehow.:D

ParkheadlovinthatcanukstopthewestandtheBruinstoptheeast.

A boring game live, the crowd sure wasnt into the game until the third. Sopel is a great Dana Murzyn (spell?)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, Rent-a-Mouth

The year was 1987. I remember it well. I was in my second year university pissing my scholarship away. The Flyers, behind some remarkable goaltending(Ron Hextall) took the mighty Oilers to a 7th game. No one expected the Flyers to even win a game in the series, but they did. Three actually. Tim Kerr had a remarkable year for the Flyers, scoring 57 goals(I blelieve) but had a quiet playoffs, scoring only 8 goals. However, Rick Tocchet and the unlikely hero, Brian Propp carried the load. Pelle Eklund led the team with 20 assists(if I'm not mistaken) but the team's scoring was extremely balanced. No stars, just players. The Flyers finally lost in the game seven(I can't remember if it was 3 - 1 or 3 -2 ) but left with their heads held high. A remarkable run for a bunch of overpaid bums. Right, Guinness? For the record, numbnuts, the Flyers were just in the Stanley Cup final in 1997 and lost to a very strong Detroit team. Do I need to reminisce again for that year? Here are a few numbers for you....

Stanley Cup Champions in 1974 and 1975 behind the great Fred Shero. The Broad Street Bullies. Beautiful stuff. They were finalists in 1976 losing to the high flying Habs, who went on to win 4 cups in a row at that time. They were finalists in 1985(lost to the mighty Oilers), 1987(see above), and 1997 to the Detroit Red Wings. I hope your question has been answered. What have you done for me lately, you ask?

Atlantic GP W L T OTL Pts GF GA Home Road L10
Philadelphia 18 11 2 4 1 27 57 34 8-0-2-0 3-2-2-1 8-1-1-0
New Jersey 17 10 3 4 0 24 44 29 6-3-2-0 4-0-2-0 8-0-2-0
NY Islanders 18 9 7 2 0 20 57 44 7-2-0-0 2-5-2-0 5-4-1-0
NY Rangers 19 6 7 4 2 18 47 50 5-2-2-2 1-5-2-0 2-4-2-2
Pittsburgh 17 4 10 3 0 11 33 64 2-4-2-0 2-6-1-0 3-6-1-0

Now to get back on topic, the Flyers would destroy the Canucks if they played them again, but they don't and won't because the Flyers will be meeting Colorado in the Stanley Cup final.

Go Flyers

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Though I have no like for the Flyers, the Captain's blurb regarding the 87' run should inlcude a Con Smythe (sp) winner coming from the losing team ( if memory serves me correctly) Hextall! Wasn't that the series when he tried to chop (Nielson) as he skated by the front of his net??????????? Ah the memories of good ol' hockey.

I hate to admit it but the "Nucks" are overrated right now, with the exception of there blueline group, it is top notch! Watching Salo this year you have to be impressed, he reminds me somewhat of Rob Blake at times. And Jovo, there isn't anyone better.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0