Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If memory serves

it would have faded long ago regarding the flyers if it weren't for their #1 fan captain S. helping us relive it every chance he gets...;)

living in the past with captain,

manager

go nucks!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by john
Watching Salo this year you have to be impressed, he reminds me somewhat of Rob Blake at times.

I'm assuming you're either drunk, or stoned, during these times.

No offense to Salo, who's a pretty good 3rd/4th defenseman, but the only thing he has in common with Blake is an ability to hit the puck really hard, and a low jersey number.

Speaking of Canuck D-men, I think I have figured out what attribute makes Sopel so appealing to management. He has the remarkable ability to look like he is really moving his feet and skating as hard as possible when retreating (but ultimately never getting to) iffy icing calls. Seriously. He has to be the best in the NHL at doing this. I think it has something to do with his Exxon mullet flapping in the wind, but whatever the case, he is awesome at it.

Good game by Hedberg last night despite a shaky goal right off the bat. I think he felt the daggers Crawford was staring into his skull and picked it up the rest of the way.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Manager, it was the Legion of Doom line. No one wanted to play against the Lindros(pre-concussion), Renberg, and LeClair. They have to be one of the biggest lines in history. On top of that, they had a hell of a lot of skill too. Even with Hextall(playing like a sieve at that point) and Snow, they still made it! :) Overpaid bums. This IS the Flyers year to get to the cup again. I'm sensing it. Go Flyers.

To stay on topic, will the Canucks beat the shoc-king Leafs tomorrow? I hope so because I'm going to back them. The Laughs are winless in 5. More importantly, who will Philadelphia be beating next? :) Actually, they may be in for a tough game against the hot Bruins. Should be a dandy. I'm predicting an overtime game with Amonte scoring the winner........

Captain

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should hope so...

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

will the Canucks beat the shoc-king Leafs tomorrow?

Captain

I hope so...but if the Boyz In Stripes show up, it'll be a doozie I am sure. The Reffing yesterday was HORRIBLE !!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm wondering if the Nucks will be slow outta the gate tomorrow night? Seems everyone is jacked for the Heritage Classic in Edmonton before hand, including the players.

Time will tell :D

~Regs.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fasty.....

At least take your kids........
bwah hah hah!!! Humourful. Well done, Fasty; I left you an opening big enough to drive a Zamboni through. Must make a clarification, however; I said hockey fans, not hockey nuts. In that case I would have been speaking of some vertically challenged TTPers....:D Yes, the kids like hockey, even if the older one is only willing to support "whichever team playing is located closer to Vancouver." No fleeting allegiances for that boy...:rolleyes:

I'm sensing
Captain Senseless: check the standings again. Philly is in 2nd place behind the Bruins with only one game in hand, not "several;" and 2 in hand on the 'Nucks, who are once again first overall. Not exactly a recipe for conference dominance, is it? As my Leaf-apologist neighbour here is so fond of reminding us, "nobody ever won a Cup in November."

Nucks 3 Buds 2 (not overtime for a change).

Pax,

Stew:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect to the captain, his blown scholarship, and great memories, i don't see the Flyers carrying this pace through the last 3rd and the playoffs. Goaltending problems combined w/ and old team will do them in. Ottawa and New Jersey will go to the conference finals.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This IS the Flyers year to get to the cup again. I'm sensing it. Go Flyers.

and what goaltending will get this done in the playoffs?......remember we too have Cloutier who looks good at some points during the regular season but still has the shittiest rebound control and slowest glove hand in the league...and as we all know he sieves out come pressure time in the playoffs...I'd say Esche or Hackett will do the same and Jersey will probably make another cup final......haha Captain

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
and Sensei the only thing Salo can't do as well as Blake is hit......but he's still pretty good at that too.......I remember last year he was our best D-man in the playoffs until he sat out the last two games even though Jovo led the team in scoring it was Salo who was a rock back there.......I'd put him on the top pairing on this team but if you do it leaves either Allen and Malik or Sopel and Malik and that means goals for the other team since none of them can really skate........I think Salo is one of the most underrated d-men in the league........let's face it people the Canucks have the best top three dmen in the league in terms of both offensively and defensively combined in Jovo, Ohlund and Salo

and to get back on topic.........Canucks 5 and the Leafs 1.......it's on CBC where the Nucks always come out flying

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

The flyers might have beaten the Canucks in O.T. nontheless but they are still the second best team in the east behind the mighty Bruins. Until the flyers do something in the playoffs they are considered moot. They have been one of the top teams year in and year out in the regular season for the past 4 or 5 years. Hackett he is your guy no doubt.:confused:

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After this post, I will start the Mighty Flyers Thread. But....
but they are still the second best team in the east behind the mighty Bruins.

The mighty Bruins have played ONEmore game and lead by a point. They play tomorrow. Should we make a Kagan like bet? He still owes me a case of beer. If Boston wins OR ties, you get the 12 Buds I have coming my way. If(when) Philadelphia wins, you will give me 12 Buds, which will help pollute me next weekend. :) What do you say?

I will take this to another thread now, moderator.....

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ Keep,

Yeah...I read your little diatribe on Salo and I still don't buy the Blake comparisons. Not at all, actually. Firstly, Blake is a Norris winner (and a 5-time all-star) which basically puts him in the upper echelon of NHL defensemen with Lidstrom and Pronger. There are many others who are close to being this good, with Salo's more-talented teammate, Jovo, heading the list. But those three are in the class that Chelios, Leetch and McInnis were in the early 90s.

As for Salo being underrated....well, he was a 3rd D-man in Ottawa as well, behind Redden and Chara. He would also be a 3rd D-man in Detroit behind Lidstrom and Hatcher, as well as in Colorado behind Blake and Foote/Morris. If McInnis was healthy you could add St. Louis in that mix as well. I could go on. So I can't really buy into the argument that he's merely hiding in the shadows because of the Canucks depth at the blueline.

Don't get me wrong. Salo is a good player. I see him as more of a "checker" as opposed to a "hitter" like Blake - a comparison which generally tends to seperate the grinders from those who can alter a game simply with their physical presence.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I don't know.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
brutal fourth goal allowed by Cloutier.......what was he doing sliding to the right before the shot was taken.........and why must Crawford pull the goalie when the Canucks are in their own end......one last thing why is it that every year these bums have our number

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't blame the 4th on Clouts; blame the rest of the squad. Lost count how many chances they had to just clear the puck, get a line change and start fresh. But, no . . . they decide to dink around with it behind the net, cough it up and let the fcuker walk in.

At least -- as I emailed my sis in London -- when both teams go to T.O. for Monday's game, the Leafs are going home. Poor schmucks.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone have any idea who is leading the league in points?

Yes, you can blame Cloutier on the 4th goal. He was fcuking sweeping the ice like a Zamboni. Hopeless. Nice pass by Ohlund on the empty netter. It certainly wasn't a predictable pass. :rolleyes: Toronto just looked like they wanted it more, despite all the penalties. The cnuts cost me a good payout. The next game between the two on Monday will be a tie. Look for the Canucks to beat Montreal on Tuesday though, as the Habs are back home after a long road trip.........

Go Flyers.

Captain

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper why is it that you and others defend Cloutier.........what good has he done........why do you already move on a shot before it is taken........he was clearly sliding like a zamboni (thanks Captian) going one way before the puck left Roberts stick going the other.......I don't care what the coverage was like.......I heard Crawford mention Hedberg was "Terrible" in Philly but when Clouts plays crappier it's always the teams fault......I still don't get how you can't blame him for what most goalies in the NHL if not all others could have saved........face it they could have had a point maybe but he can't hold the fort.......kind of like in last years playoffs.......he couldn't hold the fort against the Wild especially in game seven........face it he is not a big game goalie and Canucks tonight dropped point(s) for no reason

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4th goal was Sopel's fault, plain and simple. WTF was he trying to do back there? :mad:

~Regs.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0