Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 0 Geu o

The game could have gone either way. Both teams missed some good opportunities. It was a classic geu game, rely on the air game and set plays to create chances thruough out the game. Poco tried to play their futbol wich we are known for but had to fight through their big physical defenders.All in all we are content with the result. We had a great first half of the season and can only hope to play as well as we have this first half. I must admit,
geu looks strong and hungry. Is this their year? Finally after all this years. They are almost like the Canucks, and Sabres , will they ever win it? whos first Canucks or Geu? hmmm...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arroyo, not really my point. The Ref said (loud enough for me to hear anyway) that it was studs up. Whether you thought it was a foul or not he did and gave it... Plus it was inside the 18 on the attack. That out of the way, back to my question... Why the indirect free kick as apposed to the PK?

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
studs up

no penalty on that play just like there was no penalty for the intentional hand ball in the box at the other end of the pitch i guess. the man in black invented a few new calls last night to justify his eager whistle blowing.

your guess is as good as mine.

out

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: All the T in India wouldn't match up

Originally posted by Big T
Hey RF,
you haven't seen our sponsors, one guy is a indian trillionaire (in rupees of course) ;).......even Abramovich is trying to get in the action....but we had to turn him away. :rolleyes: :D

Now if you guys could only play soccer you'd be set1 !

:eek: ;)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Arroyo, not really my point. The Ref said (loud enough for me to hear anyway) that it was studs up. Whether you thought it was a foul or not he did and gave it... Plus it was inside the 18 on the attack. That out of the way, back to my question... Why the indirect free kick as apposed to the PK?

The refs interpretation was dangerous play. Dangerous play constitutes an indirect free kick offence. If the offence is committed inside the box it is still an indirect free kick, as a penalty is not considered indirect.

Hope that clears that up. I could be totally wrong but that's the way the ref explained it.

Nice of you to grace us with your prescence last night, and your right I am pretty friendly after all.. :D

Cheers

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: All the T in India wouldn't match up

Originally posted by Yoda
Now if you guys could only play soccer you'd be set1 !

:eek: ;)

Yoda,

I won't refute that point ......but that still won't stop me from taking you down next time we play. :D

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally...

Feels good to finally draw some victory blood, although it was not the purrrtiest game we did take it to them. SUFC are actually pretty good, individually they had a load of skill. They just need to play as more of a team. They are probably the only team in the league that is younger than us...didn't know that existed.

KNVB I'm hurt, you didn't want to watch our game?

Stepchild and the Stallion were out there supportin the cubs, thanks for keeping the ref in line boys. Stepchild i was waiting for you to come and help me with the tires off the Iroc.:cool:

GEU say it aint so, a tie against the POCO thugs? I would of loved to of seen that match. GEU did those ruffians kick you and play dirty? yeah you know those POCO guys, they are so cheap:D

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-0 for ND

Another frustrating game for us. Lots of individual talent won't get us anywhere. Overall a terrible game to watch in the cold. 1-0 at half and then we decided to just sit back and watch ND come on in the last 30 minutes of the game. A very depleted lineup does not help (no excuse). On to a very tough game against Poco next week.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Finally...

Originally posted by Knight Rhider
Feels good to finally draw some victory blood, although it was not the purrrtiest game we did take it to them. SUFC are actually pretty good, individually they had a load of skill. They just need to play as more of a team. They are probably the only team in the league that is younger than us...didn't know that existed.

Were you actually at the game last night, do you actually play in the league???:confused: Not taking anything away from SUFC, but they are not the youngest team in the league. Their back line looks like Aves identical twins, with a tan of course .:p

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Finally...

Originally posted by Kokanee
Were you actually at the game last night, do you actually play in the league???:confused: Not taking anything away from SUFC, but they are not the youngest team in the league. Their back line looks like Aves identical twins, with a tan of course .:p

Ya caught me dude, im guilty! You're right i wasn't there last night, and now that you mention it I don't play in the league, damn I don't even live in the Fraser Valley, like KNVB I was talking out of my arse trying to sound like i knew what i was saying:rolleyes: I don't know about Aves or twins but my check looked like 19 and the defender behind him looked young as well as did some other players. So they were young younger than me and thats that!:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ANDREW SLANE PASSES BALL!

Yes, you read it here first. Slane actually passed the ball when he had a sure sitter with about 15 minutes left in the Langley / Aldergrove fixture this evening. Shoc-king, I know. In all fairness, he did try to set up Kenny Wilson for a goal. Kenny actually scored, but was called offside. Slaney did score the insurance marker tonight.

For my money, Kenny was the Man of the Match. Kenny (the Hammer) Wilson set up the fist goal to tie it up for Langley, at about 35 minutes. He then was taken down in the box at about 20 of the second to set up the PK (Steve Mohovolic stepped up and slotted it). Kenny: the Plumber Union has your back, brother. Great match!

Cold night. Very cold.

3-1 final, in favor of Langley. I’m sure others will add more. Jessica Alba (my Dark Angel) is on Mad TV right now. Gotta go watch. She’s on my list.:eek:

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco v. GEU

Not the prettiest game to watch. Hard fought both ways. GEU unlucky not to get one (nice strike off the bar in the first half). We had our chances as well but we knew it would probably take an ugly goal to determine a winner. I love playing in big games like this as Poco-GEU has a good rivalry going. Should be a close battle for year-end standings.

Dravenenjoying545minutesofshutoutsoccer:eek:

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just ttping

Originally posted by Knight Rhider
Feels good to finally draw some victory blood, although it was not the purrrtiest game we did take it to them. SUFC are actually pretty good, individually they had a load of skill. :D

Hmmm sufc lost to you guys but they " are actually pretty good"
:rolleyes: could be

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
just ttping

Originally posted by burkee&nonis
Another frustrating game for us. Lots of individual talent won't get us anywhere. .

I think you might want to drop the guys with "individual talent" and get some guys with talent. You know what I'mmm seyiiing.:)

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah thinks due to times osame posts that he may like the juice.May be likes the juice a bit too much.I also think the second half will bring some pressure that POCO isn't ready for as a squad. Especialy looking at a provincial berth for the home stretch. A lot of shite to deal with in the stables with 8 games to go.:cool:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: ANDREW SLANE PASSES BALL!

Originally posted by Dude
Yes, you read it here first. Slane actually passed the ball when he had a sure sitter

Dude, are you sure It really was Slaney and not some imposter???:confused:

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: just ttping

Originally posted by Osame bin madden
Hmmm sufc lost to you guys but they " are actually pretty good"
:rolleyes: could be

You're right what was i thinking i forgot we suck right? We don't belong here.:cool:

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gn 3 PAU 0

We won this one 3-0, with Ravi turre geting 2 and Harinder Sangha with 1...i'd write more of a game summary but my fingers r frozen...cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0