Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're going to lose anyway.....

No goaltending will lead to a brutal start and Burke will have to eat some humble pie. No moves in the off season. Are you kidding me? I predict a high scoring game because Thibault is a sieve too.

Prediction: Chicago 5 Vancouver 4

Go Canucks go.....

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice birds, bad Hockey

What does it take for the canucks to sell out a home opener?

18422 is a sell out isn't it? As for the Canucks, they were fcuking awful. Couldn't put more than two passes together if thier lives depended on it. Cloutier couldn't be faulted for most of the goals. So many drop passes(Druken) to nobody. They better get better quick. Detroit, Colorado, Dallas, and then Colorado again. Could be 0 and 5 by next weekend. :eek:

On a brighter note, the beer was expensive, but tasty, and there were birds everywhere.:cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

I think they stunk too! They will not win many games if they wait till the last couple minutes of a game to play hockey.

What are your thoughts as to The Peter Schaffer, should he go to Europe or wait for a contract from the Nucks?

I hear on the radio the Montreal Canadiens are in danger of moving to another city as well, anybody got the scoop on this story?

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schaffer

He is the worst canuck out there. He is not that great a player and he shopuld go to europe maybe he will get lost and not comeback. Canucks don't need a shite player like that the team already has to many.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bye Bye Peter.

My thoughts on Peter Shaeffer are this.........good luck in Europe! He scored a whoppin 16 goals last year, and only 3, or something like that, in the second half. Hardly worth what they offered him. Pretty easy to find 16 goals I think. I've got a feeling the Canucks will win tonight.:eek: Let's hope.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter Schafer

He is clearly overated and would be better of playing in Italy. Schaefer is not worth the money he is asking and 16 goals could probably be found playing on the farm club.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re. Montreal Canadiens

Reports from the HABS camp are that the team is preparing people in and around the organization for the team to be moved at some point in the future. Although the team went out and spent a "little" bit of money this offseason things need to be looked at to keep the franchise in Montreal. Their president said that in order for Montreal not to be in danger of leaving in the near future they need to get some huge tax cuts .

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brochu reached back with his glove and swiped the puck out of midair, pushing it into the slot. Play resumed, but officials went to a review at the next whistle.

While replays seemed inconclusive, the video review official ruled the puck crossed the goal line, handing the Avalanche the decisive margin.

"I think my glove was behind the line, but I don't think the puck was in," said Brochu, who made 26 saves.
Has that ever happened before? I can't ever remember when a goal was given later on, after play continued for a while. I suppose they had to add that time back on, right? How did the rules work for that?

Keeperwhowisheshesawthegametonight

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goal it was....

Keeper,

I have seen that happen before. It would have been a real mess if Vancouver had scored in the short span after the 'goal'.

As for the replay, I thought it was a goal because it allowed me to win $36.74 on an $8 Sports Action bet..... I never thought I would be playing this fcuking betting outfit again......

Fcuking Citibank.....

Captain

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sort of play is not uncommon in the nhl. Many times has a guy scored and the play went down to the other end. After the next immediate whistle the play is reviewed. Last year a team thought they score but play continued. The other team went to the other end and also scored. The refs looked at the first play and decided it was a goal. The 2nd goal did not count and the clock was pushed back.

theapprenticewhoisnowconfused!

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks lose another one

I have to say that the canucks are palying really shite right now. There coaching is really horrible starting a the backup who could barley start in the juniors against on of the best teams in the league great coaching decision. Canucks need to regroup and come out strong or the can kiss this season good bye.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Montreal Canadians

Hey Apprentice,

I think that the Habs are not going to be going any where if they keep winning games. The way they are playing right now without Saku is great. They are hitting scoring and doing all the right things to win. They keep this up they will be a team to contend with in the palyoffs. In turn which will make them money and keep them in Montreal.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I know it is the third game in, but we are talking about the Canucks a team that is losing there confidence with each game. I just hope they can turn things arround that is all.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do I need glasses?

Coppertone,

Which game were you watching, or did you even see it last nite?

The 'Nucks were extremely unlucky. Look for them to win in Dallas and at home on Saturday. Guaranteed.

~TBwhowonderswhatthecorrelationisbetweenwopsandthehabs...

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a matter of fact I caught the first period and a little of the second. In the three games they have played they have blown a lead in two and were really never in the chicago game. They play well but not for the full 60 minutes. As for the goaltending I thought they should have started Clouthier he is supposed to be the number 1 guy, so start him against the better teams. I think the outcome would have been different if he was between the pipes.

regswhatiswrongwithbeingahabfanandbeingitaliantooisitagaistthelaw.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cesare Maniago (sp?)

You mean Italians and wops are Hab fans? I knew one, but not the other. The authorities should definitely look into this if it isn't a law already.

From the 3 games, I thought Brochu looked like the solid stopper, not Cloutier.

~TB.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dino Ciccarelli

Bottom line is the Canucks have to play better from the goalie out to start winning some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0