Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank God I'm not a Philly fan...year after year of that idiot Bobby Clarke mortgaging the future to buy a team "now", only to have it self destruct in the playoffs. This year- 2 goals in 5 games- was incomprehensible, considering the players they have.

Dude,

I couldn't agree more. Hopefully, this is the last nail in Clarke's coffin. He HAS to go after that miserable showing.

The Canucks goaltending was embarrassing to say the least. Coutier with a solid .750 save percentage after letting in Lidstrom's goal, yet he said that would not rattle him. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, they were ousted in the first round, just like the Flyers.

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's ok that the canucks are out because we had an awsome year in the next few years they will do even better!!!!

go leafs go, go habs go, go sens go!!!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad they couldn't force a game seven, but thems the breaks. I agree with Captain Shamrock, Cloutier was crap!!!

The Canucks couldn't get it going at all and playing catch up against the Wings is a hard way to try to win a series. In the end Detroit was the better team and always looked dangerous.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good run

That was a little taste of whats in store for us from our boys!

They played their hearts out and succumbed to a better Red Wing team.

Nonetheless,they should be proud and come out of the gates flying next year!

THANKS CANUCKS THANKS

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who knows how the series would have turned out had that center ice shot not gone it??????? Realistically it could have come down just like it did (Detroit winning 4 straight I mean)! What was disappointing was that VCR wasn't represented in goal very well from that point on in the series........Any sort of goaltending and we would still be playing!

That said you can't be disappointed in this team. They played out of there skin down the stretch and as a SMALL market team, for now anyways, just making the playoffs is quite a feat!

Well done boys, some great entertainment since Christmas and I for one am proud to be a Canuck supporter!

John

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my hope: Orca Bay stops lanking us on the revenues. I can't beleive McCaw continues to lose money on owning the Canucks and GM Place. I'd like to see Burke be able to keep this core together for a few years.

Does anyone know the details? They claim “X” revenues, while their costs are “X+”. Do they include, in that figure, merchandising revenues? How about GM Place Concession Revenues? My bet is that those two other entities are operating under SBUs.

Anyone know the details there?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop with the small-market argument.

In two years, a new CBA comes in which goes a long way to evening out the playing field. You won't see too many teams stacking themselves the way Detroit did this season.

This will require Burke to find another way to mask what a fcuking tightwad he is.

Fans will get a pretty good impression this summer of what direction Burke is taking with the team. Will he stand pat for another season, thinking his team is good enough? Will he continue to ignore the possibility that there might be a problem between the pipes? He's so bloody stubborn on this issue that we won't even entertain discussions that Cloutier might not be the 'goalie of the future'. Will he be content with another season of the Skudra/Cloutier tandem?

Or will he actually try to make a splash in the free agent market? Or will our biggest free agent signing be another Andre Savage or Herbert Vasilijievs?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Todd Hulushco is available.:rolleyes:

Agree wholeheartedly. Goaltending, still a question w/ me...but we do need a big winger to replace Hlavac. He's a Sister without the intensity. :rolleyes:

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude et all

Right now in this Province, its no time for the Canucks to start belly aching about money and costs etc. Notice how that whole issue has not been given any air time by Burke and the Canucks. The general public are getting screwed over enough by the Liberals. He Knows it, so for the mean time he ain't gonna bring it up.

What makes me sick is all the pro Canuck shite in the papers the the Red Wing players are coming out with. Frankly, I think they are just taking the piss. We stole 2 games and they dicked us in the next 4. Enough already...

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys suck

Guinness , I'm laughing at you now..ha ha ha ha ha

I'D LIKE TO CONGRATULATE THE CANUCKS AND THEIR FANS FOR BEING LOSERS...GO HABS GO

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow...

Delivered with the usual class and stylish panache we have come to expect from this dripping fanny of embarrassing illiteracy. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice,

You are a twat! How do you think the Habs would fare against the Wings? I'll tell you: 4-0, Wings favor. The Bruins aren't even close to the same team as the Wings. In fact, we may find out...the East is weak enough that the Habs could just advance through, as long as they get hot goaltending. If they do, I'll be there cheering for them...but not giving them much hope against ANY Western team.

Loyal to all Canadian teams,

Dude.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brian Burke

Question: is Brian Burke just plain stupid? Check out some of these comments from yesterday’s press conference:

“…the next phone call will be to Victoria, not to Seattle.”- In reference to the Canucks need to increase the payroll, and how he expects the Provincial Government to contribute (assumably with either lottery revenue, tax cuts, or both).
“…I knew I would be fined…”- In reference to the $30K fine he received. He did say he didn’t know how much it would be, but you have to know he was expecting it to be substantial.
“…I fully support Scotty and will be sending him a cheque.”- In reference to the $10K fine Scotty Bowman received for showing a member from the media.

This guy is so out of touch with reality, it makes me sick! I supported him when he was trying to pry some lottery revenues out of the Province- after all, Sports Action doesn’t have to pay any Royalties to the NHL or its teams- but he is barking up the wrong tree right now! Does the light not come on for this guy? Does he not realize that for the vast majority of his fans, $30K represents a majority portion of their yearly take-home? And, no add insult to injury, he nonchalantly says he’ll pay Bowman’s $10K fine…as if Scotty had a beer spilled on his suit at GM Place, and Burke is paying the dry-cleaning out of guilt. After this diatribe, he has the gal to call “poor” and make a claim for Government assistance. Unbelievable- especially considering his boss, John McCaw, is a multi billionaire (yes, that was a “B”).

With something like 30,000 people just recently laid off due to the softwood lumber crisis, cut-backs in Medicare, layoffs in the hospitals, and discontent with our teachers, the Libs would truly have to be the dumbest politicians alive to help the Canucks right now. Burke’s timing couldn’t be worse!

Beyond this, I can’t see how John McCaw isn’t making a ROI on his ownership of the Canucks, GM Place, and merchandizing. The Canucks may loose, say, $10M this year…but what is their rent on GM Place? While the Canucks loose a little (and avoid the tax man), they pay down a significant portion of the mortgage on GM Place. It is also well known that GM Place makes $$$. They are booked for most weekends of the year, and nearly solid during hockey season. Merchandising is operated as a separate entity, and presumably very profitable. So, while the Canucks themselves may loose $10M / year, my bet is that the revenue driven in the other two areas creates profitability far exceeding the Canucks losses. At the end of the day, it all goes in and comes out of the same pocket.

I guess I’m getting sick of this guy thinking the general public is really as stupid as he assumes. If he’s going to try and get tax breaks, and lottery monies, he should at the very least be a bit more tactful, and try not to turn the public into his sheep.

My rant is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts