Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean

I agree that Schaefer should sign,but from what they have signed others for and for what they're offering him,he may have a case.Pederson worth 1.1 mil lets be serious,i can defend just as well as he does and score at least 10 goals a year not the 2 he managed last year.I know they have different roles but 2 goals,thats shocking.:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is this guy?

From Canada.com & The Canadian Press

The Vancouver Canucks' search for a backup goalie ended Friday as the club claimed Martin Brochu off waivers from the Minnesota Wild.

Brochu, 28, played in the American Hockey League last year for the 2001 Calder Cup champion Saint John Flames. During the regular season he posted a 2.60 goals against average and a .899 save percentage in 55 games. During the playoffs he went 14-4, including four shutouts, with a 2.04 GAA and a .918 save percentage.

"We think that Martin is exactly what we're looking for in terms of age grouping and in terms of salary," said GM Brian Burke. "We think he's a quality goaltender.

"He's a guy that has played in the minors and has not been given a chance. Maybe all this kid needed was a chance and we're going to give him a chance."
I sure hope you know what you're doing Brian... you've done an excellent job in molding this team but your talents in evaluating 'tenders isn't so good. Fcuk, you'd probably think Cocco has tremendous upside potential...

~TB.

PS. Josh Holden was claimed by Carolina

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burke can't read

Maybe Burke misread it, and thought it said Martin Brodeaur.:)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3rd Jersey

Here's a pic of the Canucks 3rd jersey.

Kinda reminds me of an all star jersey.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crap

Reminds me of the Rangers jersey.

Not sold on it.

~TBwhoisnotsoldontheCanucks'thirdjerseythatlooksliketherangers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dope!

Regs~

It may be crap for a old guy like you but I'm sure there target was those low car have'n saggy pant ware'n side way viser guys. Who's new jersey will be part of all the dope talk around what ever 7-11 parking lot if free.

IheartheresonerightbySportstown:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
true

I never thought of that.

It also explains how and why Buckfast made it into the picture...

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not all that bad . . .

I don't wear baggy pants or a sideways visor, but I don't think they're all that shabby. I'm not totally sold on the fading red on the bottom, but otherwise it looks fairly traditional. Hell, it looks a whole lot better than the previous 3rd jersey with all that red.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jerseys

Why don't they go back to the originals. Those were the best jerseys of all.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Yoda.

I like the original best of all. I am however a reto kinda guy.

I don't mind the new third either.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs is a.....

BASTAGE.

I"ll will admit that I am of average height (5'8"), but for fcuks sakes cut me some slack on the hair cut. Something you wouldn't have to worry about, would ya?

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3rd jersey

I have to say that the Canucks third jersey is not at all bad. I have seen worse then that remember the V now those were ugly. I have to agree with Yoda and going back to the first jerseys the Whitecaps did it why not the Canucks.

Canucksaregoingtothecupandwinningitall.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks good!

I like the new jersey, but then again I liked the old new jersey that keeper posted above. They're supposed to wear them for the opener. TheRob will be there, sitting in the Air Canada club seats, drinking $17 beers. It should be good.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like 'em..

I'll keep an eye out for 'the Rob' in the Air Going Under seats.I too will be enjoying some jolly expensive amber nectre in the comfy seats. I like the new 'threads'. Far better than either the home or away rags. Anyone else going?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Sold Out

What does it take for the canucks to sell out a home opener? Maybe they should the Giants marketing team take over for a while. The new Uni isn't much of a statement, it's just the away one with an abdominal wound. I have to agree that the first jersey would be a great third kit.

When do the playoffs start:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0