Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Pools

I'm looking forward to the TTP pools. I will have to do much research in my efforts to finish ahead of all the rest of the competition.

FinishingaheadofTheRobisthegoal.........

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two to go.

The Canucks signed Matt Cooke yesterday. That only leaves Shaeffer, and Sopel to be signed. Burke has done a pretty good job getting the free agents signed. Should be another good year.:cool:

TR.

notachance5bt:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rob

Signing the young guys should be the teams first priority,Shaeffer and Sopel will sign but at the same time are wanting a bit more money than what is offered to them because of the money they gave Pedersen.How do they justify giving him over a mil and only offer the others practicly half of that:confused:

I'm glad they didn't sign Hull,this means that they have some money and can go after someone via the trade route.Our team is good but some added offensive punch would be a nice addition!

Go Canucks Go

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back-Up

I think the Nuck's should spend of the money they have left in the bank and get a strong back-up goalie to Cloutier.

I'm not sure who is availible, but since Dan is unproven as a starter we need a strong back-up.

I still feel we gave Clouts to much money, but if you want him to be the man I guess you have to.

The paper said that it is a possibility that when the Pen's come to town that Mario might play because there is not a back-to-back at that time. Get your tickets and take a chance.

HOS~

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
unconsciously brilliant....

.......there is not a back-to-back at that time.
A rather apt and, I hope, unintentional turn of phrase as far as the big 'mare is concerned, really. Top shelf stuff.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Basically, his unconsiously funny play on words was a result of bad grammar/spelling. It had to have been. HOS couldn't come up with something like that if his life depended on it.:D

TR.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Takes one to know one, TR.

My money is on HOS. With a face like that, you have to have a sense of humour.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There you go again Bucky, Taking the Piss. It's been awhile you crazy bastard.:p I've missed your amusing little digs.:)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olive branch.

Just trying to keep you honest, TR.

I don't like it when you people from them parts get a lil' too big for your britches. And just to keep on topic, if you need parking when making the 3 1/2 hour drive from Haney to GM Place, I have a spot for you.

Sincerely,

Impark Bucky

PS - I am in Aurora, Colorado. You would like it here. Everyone's related and sheep shagging is encouraged. Inbred control.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sheep shagging is encouraged

Isn't that a popular Scottish pastime?

Thanks for the parking offer, but I can't drive to the big city in one trip, so I take the Skytrain to get a quick nap in before the game. Besides, unless the crops are good in the spring, aint gots enough monies to pay them outragous parking fares. :)

Yours in farming,

TheRob.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, September is almost here so that means a couple of things for this sportsnut............soccer is about to get serious again and the hockey season is nearly upon us, with training camps just days away!

A couple of things that I feel are worth mentioning..........first the add on the radio when the Canucks are coming out for game 3 at GM Place last year..........if that doesn't get you pumped then nothing will! And second I read this morning that Naslund STILL has some pain in his broken leg!!!!!! That is not a good sign! Anyone think that he might struggle this year? He had such a break through season last year and to duplicate it would have been tough without the bad wheel, but now it seems like all the odds are stacked against him!

Just a couple of thoughts,

John

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
john,

I think the Canucks will have a better season this year than they did last year. Don't get me wrong they had a great year, but I think better things are due and coming.

As for Naslund, he will start out slow like all players coming back from a serious injury. He'll start slow and it will take awhile and by December he'll start lighting it up!

5btwholikestomakethepredictions :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better than 90

5toes

I know it seems that the Nucks had an average season because they just made the play-offs in 8th position in the West. And that they should have no problem inproving this year.
They did however have 90 points which is dam good for the players we have.
With the major aquisitions that other western teams have made in the off-season and the lack of movement by Van., I think they will have a very hard time getting the same amount of points as last year.
The Nucks had one of the best man/lost games ratios in the league for the first half of the season, and even after they lost Nasuland.
They will have to be just as lucky this season and also get results against stronger western teams.
I am a big Nucks fan but I don't think they will do as well this year unless Burkie can spend some money or make some trades.

HOS~

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
making the playoffs will be easier!

HOS,

Though I agree with you about the total number of points that the Nucks got last year and the difficulty they will have in duplicating that total again, I do think they are a LOCK to make the post season dance again this year! Even though many teams in the west have gotten stronger you also must admit that some teams got weaker............Edmonton and L.A. as examples and they made the playoffs in the 6 and 7th spot! Add that Phoenix will be worse without Roenick and who have they got to beat out besides Anahiem, Nashville Columbus and whatever other expansion teams I've missed!

Vancouver should be better with the Sedins having a year under there belt and Morrisson developing into a solid defensive center with some scoring potential. As long as they get the goaltending (and that is really the only major question mark) they should do well! But I don't think it will take 90 points to get into the dance this year!

John

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouvers Back-up

The Canucks are still looking for a back-up keeper for Cloutier. Well he has been practicing over at Eight Rinks for a few weeks now. His name................Kirk Mclean. I don't think it would be a bad idea. Besides not being able to stop a wrap-around, he is still a decent keeper. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

With his experience backing up Cory, do you think HOS might be the answer to the 'Nucks problems. RSVP.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I says Pardon?

Bucky,

Who the fcuk are you talking to and WTF did you just try to say?

~TotalcuriousBastard.

PS. nice edit... still would like to know who Petey is?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six Feet Under

Vancouver has been called a Goalkeeper GraveYard due to the fact that many a keeper struggles here due to many factors, mainly fan and media pressure.

Captain Kirk died in Vancouver years ago before he was traded, he had a tough time in N.Y. and so we want to bring him back.

He may have been a fan favorite but he is dead now, don't go digging in the graveyard for a back-up.

Get a goalie with a mid-range salary that can battle Dan for top spot. Then bring in a young goalie from the farm if one of them gets injuried.

HOS~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0