Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but I will

Cocco,

Does you find playing on the turf week-in, week-out, gives you a bit more spring? Or are you still susceptible (sp?) to the chip?

As for the Knuckleheads, I also think they're a lock for postseason this year. And just to make sure, I will play Sportsaction every game they play and take the opposing team. It's bound to work since over the years they have always fcuked me.

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only Spring is in my Kit.

That is when LJ puts the fabric softener in the wash.

As for the chip, I will bring the salsa this weekend as I expect that many a flying cnut:eek: player will try this if I am in goal.

It was great that the Nuck's made the play-offs last year, but them making it had a lot to do with Side-Show standing on his head and getting many of those victories, that got the Nuck's into post season play.

Dan will not do this for us this year, so our point total will be lower and tee times will come early for our beloved team.

Tee
I agree that Peg is a goalkeeper graveyard due to the shoddy defence and lack of support for the keepers. There have been a lot of goalies come through in the last few years, just ask them.

Flying HOS:D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure myself....

Well, Regs..... I must admit I'm not to sure who the christ I was talking to at the time. Actually, I have seen a pattern developing since Fasty's departure......and...well, since Jinky does fcuk all on this site. No-one to talk to really. Just some meds to ingest and dark corners to find.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deciphering guru

Actually Bucky, I think I figured it out on my own.

In case you're wondering, you were probably talking to John here on TTP (John Petey) :D

Cocco,

Sure many keepers have been through the Peg mill, but what have the done since? Nothing noteworthy unless you consider going to nationals with a girls team a step up...

I'd be willing to make a side wager with you on whether or not the 'Nucks will make the playoffs. I say they will. Get back to me on this and we'll go from there. I'll give you until February to make a decision.

~TB,pastsweeperforthegloriousflyinghorses.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Dazzling deduction my friend;)

Bucky,

The problem was two fold.......1 there wasn't a course on the Nucks........2 the papers I used were flawed:)

JohnwhoknowstheNuckswilllmaketheshowagainthisyear

P.S.

No comments yet on Dan the Man returning to Sportstalk!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wager...Interesting

Now you're talking TB, what type of bet would this be?
For some sum of money or some sort of be-littling conumdrum.
(I was trying to be witty, but I don't know if I make any sense.)

If the Nucks make the play-offs, I cut your lawn in LJ's best Sunday dress.
If they don't, you cut my lawn in your boyfriends best Sunday Suit.

TB, I even think that the Mephis Grizzlies will make the play-offs before the Nucks do, because it is just this cities Luck.

T-BONE: Who will be supporting the Giants at the Collusium this year, where it won't cost you a vital organ to get a beer and hotdog, and see some great hockey.;)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
que?

Regs, when did you get a lawn? you're a dark horse, make no mistake.

Good to hear about the new boyfriend, you must be chuffed to bits (that's CHUFFED not chafed).

TEE, how's the porch coming along? Will it be ready for my ten year reunion? Only nine years and 10 months to go.....

Go Canucks Go.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuck of the Week.

Well here it is. TheRob's first installment of The Canuck of the Week. You're probably thinking, "it's only September, what is he talking about." Here it goes.

My first Canuck of the Week is Ed Jovonovski. Why is he the Canuck of the Week? Simply being picked to attend Canada's Olympic mini camp is the reason why. Jovocop has turned into a solid defencmen over the last couple of years. A rock on the blueline, and an offensive threat. I wouldn't trade this guy straight up for Bure. Comments would be welcome. Discuss.

Honorable mentions go to: Both Sedins, Marcus Naslund, Mattius Ohlund, and Jarrko Ruutu for also being selected for their respective countries.

Bucky, I'll comment for you:

What do you know about hockey in your parts TR. Do they freeze the fields in the winter? Do you use frozen cow dung for pucks? Who really cares anyway? Nice picture. (insert farming, inbreading, distance to Vancouver pisstake here).

;)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Inbred-One,

Are you suggesting that my pisstakes, or lack thereof, are rather one-dimensional? ;)

Downtown Buck

PS - Regs, piss-off. Baldy Bastard.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Land of the Free

Over 13000 at the Canucks inter-squad game on Sunday. All net procedes going to the Red Cross. Including parking. I wonder if Impark Bucky knows he might not be paid this week:eek: And in a major turn of events, people cheer very loudly during the Star Spangled Banner. A moment that made me extremely proud to be Canadian.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob's Canuck of the Week

The above post reminded me that it was time for the second installment of The Canuck of the Week. This weeks Canuck of the Week are the fans that showed up for the inter-squad game Sunday afternoon. Over 13,000 of them. They raised over 130,000 dollars for the Red Cross relief fund. Good show.:)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the " Canucks " 90% of whom I did not know whip the Dogs 6-3. Not a bad game for a rookie camp! The Phoenix goals came with in 3 mins of each other! Garbadge goals really! Nasland scored a bute!

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alfredson to Vancouver??

Did anyone here that the Senators are talking to the Nucks about Alfredson? Another swede, maybe we should just be their national team farm system!!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks

Lean,
add loose-head Forseberg and we will be that team...
I did see the game last night as well and Cloutier looked pretty good..(although he dosed off in the last 10 mins.):rolleyes:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forsberg??

What is with this tart?? If a canadian born player even thought of sitting out "because he just didn't feel right " it would be a disgrace. The lanch will be hard pressed to go anywhere without him though.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

What's this about me dossing off, you missed the third period anyway?
Remember, the wife told you she was tired and wanted to go home to bed....(Yes, to go to sleep)...Stupid soft heed...:eek:

"wivesmakeyourlifetheirbusiness"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nonimpressive preseason

Yes, it's only preseason, but the 'Nucks haven't exactly been doing too well have they? Another tie last night to the lowly flames.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

~TB.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please start the season

I can't handle anymore of these preseason games. If the nucks want to sell tickets to the ICE CAPADES then let them, but I want to see Hockey. Bring on the playoffs.

Anyone hear if Schaffer has come to his sences and signed a contract yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0