Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb

must you beek off??? just because your picture is soo similar to that of Beekers!!!:rolleyes:

Jimmy, not that Cloutier looked sharp (I only saw the highlights), but what do you think about Crow starting Skudra???

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks

They did look pretty bad last night but will rebound against those lowly stinking dirty Sharks.

Guinness

Skudra didn't have one of his better games this year but neither did anyone else,all in all it was one of those games.Skudra by no means is a number 1 goalie in this league but he was playing well before the break and I felt he should of gotten the chance to keep the streak going.Tough to have a load of confidence knowing that no matter how well you play it's just not good enough.They need the wins and whoever the hot goalie is, that's who they should ride.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy why?

before the break and I felt he should of gotten the chance to keep the streak going.
Why? That was a long break. I can see if it were only two or three days, but not weeks. Just because he was hot before the break why would you think after 2 (or whatever) weeks had gone by would he still play like he was? He's a back up for a reason.

Bad call on Crow's part.

Dumb move Part II - Why would he allow his team to golf and come straight to the game from the course right before a big 4 pointer?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that the golf/team bonding was the day before -- not right before the game as you suggest.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should have saved the golf day as a "reward" only, and only if, they didn’t provide us with something that didn't resemble a "piss poor" effort!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier

KNVB

I agree that he is a backup,but what has Cloutier done in the last 2 years to warrant him as a starter in the NHL.Last year backup Bob led them to the playoffs to be replaced by Cloutier,where they bowed out to the Av's,albeit any goalie had a tough time stopping them but it seems that Cloutier has had everything handed to him without really earning it.I would love to see him blossom into the goalie you and the Canucks organization feel,but we need results now.

JimmywhoreallydoesntcarewhosinthepipesaslongastheyWIN!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post Olympic hangover

Even mine hasn't worn off yet. I found myself not really caring about the score last night. I guess I just value the Olympic win more than a Stanley Cup win.

So, my analysis comes from a purely analytical point of view:

· Markus Naslund is playing at half speed. I don’t think he’s over the Belarus loss. His shots on goal have been non-existent. If he can get back to getting off 5-7 shots every night, he’ll get back on track. As Markus goes, so do the Canucks.
· Trent Klatt: maybe this guy is more valuable that anyone gives him credit for. I would be very interesting to see what the ‘Nuck's record is w/ him in the line-up, vs. w/ him out. I bet it is about .600 or more with him in.
· Perhaps the boys have gotten complacent again. After all, it is a young group, and always seem to have difficulty maintaining focus. Burke should look at making a bigger trade. I honestly think Vinny Leclavier at the cost of the sisters and possibly a minor leaguer (Steve Kariya or Josh Holden) would be a wise move. The Sedins don’t deserve to be in the show RIGHT NOW. They’ll get better, but I think Leclavier has as much, or more upside than both the sisters. And he’s cheaper.

The rest of the conference is laying the boots to the ‘Nucks right now. They have to right the ship tonight.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even more frustrating is that Nabokov scored an empty netter... on the powerplay :rolleyes:

How many fcuking points is that worth in the TTP pool? Fcuk, fcuk, fcuk...

~TBjumpingoffthebandwagon.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Rick Dudley would go from "potentially the stupidest GM in hockey" to "without a doubt the stupidest GM in hockey" if he made any sort of deal that had LeCavalier in exchange for the Sedin twins. In case you haven't noticed, its not just Vancouver that's upset with their recent streak of poor play - they're not exactly a hot commodity around the NHL, either.

Unless Daniel and Henrik were packaged with either Ohlund or Morisson, there's no chance in hell we'd see LeCavalier here anytime soon. So forget that idea.

I think Todd Warriner could be dealt soon though. Anybody else think tonight was a little audition for Toddy to showcase what he's got (read: not much) to offer up front? Tyler Bouck should be coming up soon. And whatever happened to Pat Kavanaugh?

Oh yeah, Brown can't fight.
-Sensei.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree he'd have to be the dumbest. I just think he already is. Hey, a Dude can dream, can't he?

Good to see Daniella take a seat in the press box, finally!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalies

I think they have to dish out some cash for a proven goalie not a wait for the future kind a guy:mad:

It's always,he will be our goalie for the future rather than the goalie for now.

As for the Sedins,lucky to get Gino Odjick for them straight up nowadays,they are way too weak and way too slow to be considered valuable trade bait.

Lets not count the boys out just yet,they are very capable of getting on a hot streak and eeke their way into the playoffs. :D

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Jimmy on this one. We can't count the boys out just yet. Ya they're on a loosing streak but they're only 4 points out of it. A month or so ago everyone was going crazy about them b/c they were winning. Now that they are loosing you guys want to give up on them :mad:. Its a shite time to go on a loosing streak but they will turn it around starting against Nashville tomorrow.
Cloutier is a good goalie, he's just inconsistent. He played well on Saturday in the 2nd and 3rd periods and then he shite the bed last night.
What I enjoyed about last nights game was the fact that the fans cheered for Nabokov(sp) when he scored his goal. Our fans are one of the classiest in the NHL.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another record broken against the Canucks. First non Canadian goalie to score a goal in a NHL game.....:rolleyes:

When will it end? Stick a fork in em

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ring the Bell

The Nucks Bandwagon is as easy to get on and off of as a B.C. Transit Bus.
Don't give up on the boys, but Burke may have to make a move before the trade dead-line, a trade that he may not have done if the Nucks could have kept up the winning ways.
Damn Olympic break, great to win the Gold, but the break fcuked the Nucks right up.
Whoever is talking trade about the Sedin Sisters is crazy, it is only the second year in the league for the girls, and it is going to take time for them to develop. Look at another Swede, Nasy, it took him years to develop into the player he is. But maybe we want to match the Cam Nealy trade as the worst trade in Nucks history.
Not that the sisters are close to Mr. Sea Bass, but they will develop into good players for the Nucks.

T-Bone

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clouts

At least Cloutier showed some emotion last night. He gave it to the coach in frustration, and gave it to his teammates for their decision to stop playing. He'll be OK...but will it be soon enough?

The sisters potential upside is the only thing that scares me about trading then, but they have been given far more ice time than Nassy ever was early on. It was only when Nassy got the ice time that he flourished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0